G35 Surround Sound Headset [Dented Box] $65 or less!+ Free Shipping!

fk, i just missed it.

Didn't miss much. Terrible headsets. Dozens of pages on the Logitech forums over a buzzing/whining sound associated with mic feedback and an unshielded USB cable. Was a major let down.

logitech said that sound was a qc error that has been purportedly corrected in the current revision...dunno bout the cable thing. im pissed i missed it too, it went oos 1hr before i was gonna try to buy them.

They had over 7,000 in stock too! Crazy that they sold out in 2 days. Deal is now dead I edited the first post to reflect as well.

They had over 7000 dented boxes?
they really gotta find a better packing/shipping method. :-P

Just got my shipping confirmation, due the 7th >.< Almost an entire week from Fremont to Fontana :(

6/03 to hawaii. hope i have no sound or mic problems with them....

I got one from newegg 2 weeks ago (around 5/18) and it has no problems, fantastic sound quality (approaches my beloved HD280 to my ears), and no hum/buzz I can detect. It wasn't for me, but the recipient loves them to death when her previous set was also the HD280.

Ordered mine on 5/29, should be here in CT tomorrow. Very excited to try them out, was all set to pick up a pair of AD700's until I saw this deal, got them for $60 shipped.

Damn, OOS. If anyone decides they don't like theirs I'll buy them from you. :(

My Razer Barracuda's are junk. Razer refused to do anything too. Broke 3 days out of warranty. GG.

Mine arrive tomorrow. can't wait to try them out.

just got mine today. installed the drivers and I have no buzzing/whining sound. Sound quality is excellent, when talking in vent it sounds like the person is right next to you. And it sounds like you have speakers when your playing a game, great sound.

*PS the voice morph option is really funny

Damn, OOS. If anyone decides they don't like theirs I'll buy them from you. :(

My Razer Barracuda's are junk. Razer refused to do anything too. Broke 3 days out of warranty. GG.

Noone is going to resell probably. and if they do, they are gonna sell it for 90+...

we are screwed :S

I thought the box was supposed to be dented? Mine and my friends and a perfect box.

Yeah, mine was still factory sealed...
Not that I'm complaining. The sound quality is absolutely stunning, the button layout is great, the volume knob is awesome too. The best thing however is the surround sound feature. It's just purely awesome :D

Yeah, mine was still factory sealed...
Not that I'm complaining. The sound quality is absolutely stunning, the button layout is great, the volume knob is awesome too. The best thing however is the surround sound feature. It's just purely awesome :D

You all are making me regret I didn't buy another pair and trust my gut.

I thought the box was supposed to be dented? Mine and my friends and a perfect box.

Maybe they repackaged them.
Mine too is sealed and looks perfect. Gonna open them up when I get back home, gotta go fix another pc real quick.

Why would they repackage a dented box item and sell it at a reduced price because it was from a dented box?
Anyway, mine also arrived in mint condition. Sounds great. Fit nicely. Reduce a lot of background noise. No regrets here!

I bought a pair of these too, to compare to other headsets we have looked at here at [H]ardOCP. I cant wait to try these out!

Earl Keim
Reviewer, World of Warcraft Headset, Psyko 5.1 headset

I received mine in like new condition also. I assume they must do sales like these to clear inventory. It makes me wonder if there is about to be an announcement for a replacement product.

I received mine in like new condition also. I assume they must do sales like these to clear inventory. It makes me wonder if there is about to be an announcement for a replacement product.

I would bet your $65 pair of G35's there is but we reap the rewards of a bad manager of their supply warehouse.

Wow, these things sound incredible. I am very impressed.

I was immensely impressed with the sound quality from these. I guess I have used shitty headphones all my life so never knew what I was missing out on. Mine also came in a like new box. There was one tiny dent in the box but I have seen worse on store shelves.

I just picked up these headphones (Logitech G35) without really thinking about the fact that they are USB. I have my onboard sound disabled due to recently acquiring a new sound card so...if I plug my headphones into the USB port, won't they try to use onboard sound instead of the sound card? Will I be able to use them with onboard disabled or not?

I just picked up these headphones (Logitech G35) without really thinking about the fact that they are USB. I have my onboard sound disabled due to recently acquiring a new sound card so...if I plug my headphones into the USB port, won't they try to use onboard sound instead of the sound card? Will I be able to use them with onboard disabled or not?

No and no. The G35's come with it's own built in sound card on the headset. Sucks for people with an X-Fi card that cant use it, but oh well.

Yeah they work with their own driver and everything, they did it this way because the headset is designed to be 7.1 (fake 7.1 I believe, but still damn impressive when it works properly). Most games will let you use Surround Sound settings with these headphones and they do simulate 7.1 extremely well. For those that can overlook the drawback of not using your own sound card with them, these are fabulous. I can't, so I stick with HD280.

Ok so if I disable onboard to use my new sound card for regular music listening etc, then when I plug my new G35's in, they will just use their built-in driver and bypass the PCI-e card I have?

Ok so if I disable onboard to use my new sound card for regular music listening etc, then when I plug my new G35's in, they will just use their built-in driver and bypass the PCI-e card I have?

You have to choose which device to be primary. If you want to use the G35's for games, then set the G35 to primary audio device and then setup the application you use for movies/music to use the onboard.

I'd had these for a little while now (bought them for $100 a week before this deal) and I can say the quality is amazing. The positional audio is great compared to the barrcudas I had before. Loving them. They are also very good as muting outside noise. They really help immerse you in the game as sounds are very clear.

I watched my free copy of The Dark Knight on BluRay last night with these and after a few minutes it sounds like you are actually listening to the sound with an actual surround sound system.
Does not sound like you are wearing headphones.

Going to try gaming with then tomorrow. Too busy today and tonight to try them out.

Mine arrived today. After using them for a couple of hours i still have some fiddling left to do with the trebble/bass... something sounds a little off.. kind of metallic. The plantronics these are replacing just seemed to have a warmer tone. Directionality is great though... unless you turn on surround sound, then everything seems to be coming from everywhere lol. I really like them.

got these yesterday. package was not dented or damaged at all.

the 7.1 works great with these. played some bc2 and l4d to test them and the positional sounds work great. now my gf can hear where those dam jockeys and smokers are coming from:)

the sound sound clarity is not as great as the a40s, but for this price, its a great set. very comfy sets too! no problems watsoever

Back