G Data Software Seeks Beta Testers

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
G Data is looking for a few good men….and women to test out its 2012 version of InternetSecurity. G Data is one of the oldest anti-virus providers around and known world-wide. This would be a good opportunity for those beta-prone individuals to test and compare A/V solutions.

The company provides proven enterprise and consumer security solutions, including antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-phishing, and firewall software.

I've heard of them and I've seen them do well in some testing they're just not a household name.

How do you test AV software. You have to install, load up safari and go to facebook/myspace/piratebay, click all the links/download stuff?

How do you test AV software. You have to install, load up safari and go to facebook/myspace/piratebay, click all the links/download stuff?

Pretty much, except you fire up a VM of Xp, Vista, or 7 on a machine you do not keep personal data on, and have a recent backup image of, and then proceed to try and get your OS trashed.

Their AV products have been pretty highly ranked in the most recent batches of AV-Comparitives test suites, but a) their software is huge, b) it uses more resources than almost all the competiting products, and c) it's rather slow at scanning speed.

I've been involved with AV research since the mid-to-late 80s and honestly, until last November I had never heard of the company or their products before, so I don't know what basement they were hiding in. :D

Back