FX-8350

Hey guys, quick question. I'm currently rocking an FX-8350 @ 4.6 with a GTX 660 TI. My wife gave me an anniversary present in a way of a GTX 680. My question is, will my processor bottleneck my new video card?

Depends on your game and resolution. But for the most part, not really.

Absolutely not.

General rule of thumb; spend at least 50% more on the GPU than the CPU, if you game at very high resolutions that should be 100% more.

That is a £140 CPU, therefore a balanced gaming PC should roughly have a £210 GPU (or higher).

Absolutely not.

General rule of thumb; spend at least 50% more on the GPU than the CPU, if you game at very high resolutions that should be 100% more.

That is a £140 CPU, therefore a balanced gaming PC should roughly have a £210 GPU (or higher).

You should tell that to my idiot cousin, his rule of thumb is that the GPU has to cost less than CPU + motherboard, even though he's gaming at 1440p. :rolleyes:

Yeah I've gone rounds with people before that are certain they're Core 2 Quad is what's holding their framerates back and not their 9600GT. :rolleyes:

Yeah I've gone rounds with people before that are certain they're Core 2 Quad is what's holding their framerates back and not their 9600GT. :rolleyes:

LOL! Even i know that nowdays putting more money on GPU is more important for games and most of the games i play are pre-2005 (some pre-1990),hardly a "games expert" :D

Robstar said:
WTF is 1440p?

Resolution 2560x1440 (16:9). It's the next step in HD resolutions from 1080p. Monitor manufacturers push it as standard resolution in a few years. For now it's a minority.

we all know them, and there is no telling them.

an 8350 is a fine chip for the price, and won't inhibit anyones gaming in a properly balanced system.

i'd LOVE to have an 8350 if it was a drop in upgrade for my rig, and yet i am able to play Arma3 at 5760x1200.

whodathunkit!

There is a difference between a CPU's gaming performance and GPU bottlenecking. The 8350 is not the fastest gaming CPU, but it is a powerhouse that won't really bottleneck any single GPU.

Back