cerwinvega

Limp Gawd
I really have nothing to add...lol

img0619zr.jpg

img0620my.jpg

img0621qh.jpg

img0622qp.jpg

:D:confused::D

Dont think my 8120 had anything on it but my 8350 has some Japanese tea company on it or Chinese

Good to see AMD cutting corners or not... Hey AMD bring the proc factories back to the USA.

MAN its so sad to see them fall so low now.....Fuck I remember paying $300 for brand new Phenom II 940 x4 AM2+ proc.....sad sad sad

MAN its so sad to see them fall so low now.....Fuck I remember paying $300 for brand new Phenom II 940 x4 AM2+ proc.....sad sad sad

$200 for a 8350 is a lot of CPU for the money. sure they're not at the top of their game at the moment, doesn't mean the current PD chips are rubbish.

tho the 8350 tin is pretty, kinda a waste imho. perfer to see AMD use recycled cardboard in their packaging. hell a matchbox with a sticker slapped on it would do.

$200 for a 8350 is a lot of CPU for the money. sure they're not at the top of their game at the moment, doesn't mean the current PD chips are rubbish.

tho the 8350 tin is pretty, kinda a waste imho. perfer to see AMD use recycled cardboard in their packaging. hell a matchbox with a sticker slapped on it would do.

For $200 they are rubbish, should be around $150. for $200 you can get a 3570k which easily beats the 8350.

^^ Gawd, here we go again with the AMD vs Intel bullshit!

I don't think there's much to say about AMD vs Intel that hasn't been said several times over the past few years.

Intel performs better and uses a lot less power, but AMD has far more attractive price/performance ratios if you're willing to invest seriously in overclocking it.

What more is there to say? I mean, I don't feel that comfortable with buying AMD because I'm not big on overclocking, but I can see the benefits. No debate should be necessary.

Last edited:
I had really hoped this thread wouldn't go this way, but I guess I should know better by now :D

I've helped a good 8-10 people I BF3 with build rigs over the past year or so, and they are all intel. One might look at my sig and draw conclusions, but the truth of the matter is, I'm more platform/convenience locked than a true fanboi of any sort.

I have been AM3+ since before BD launched, ran an 1100T up until this week. When I decided to buy the 8350, I was also so close to going Z77/X79, but figured wtf, 8350 was only $189, if I couldn't make it work, I've spent more on fans and cabling, not a big deal.

I have no illusions about AMD, the 8350/FX series is what it is, there are no secrets or magic that will make it truly competitive with intel on all fronts, but for what I do, it's just fine. This particular chip clocks like mad, and while power draw is on the high side of jesus fucking christ, I have the cooling to deal with it. The only truly demanding game I play anymore is BF3, and that is one game where FX is actually pretty competitive for whatever reason.

I know there are a lot of AMD fans out there that will froth at the mouth in discussions like these, but I am not one of them. If shitting on AMD makes any of you feel better, by all means have at it, I really don't care that much, lol. I would ask though that maybe you could have a little respect for my choice to go with PD out of pure curiosity. I don't have nor am I trying to prove anything to anyone, I just wanted to play with the chip.

Is that really so terrible ?

I bought an FX6300 to play with for my home theater and I'm quite happy with it's performance/watt. Locked the core speed at 3.6 and turned the fan waaay down on the heat sink for a silent home theater. System does everything I want for very little expense. I game on it at 1080P with a 6770 and frame rates are quite good 40-70 fps. Not much else to say except when we have a monopoly we'll all be sorry.

I just find AMD setups more fun to tinker and play around with than Intels. That's about it really.

You know, as an enthusiast.........

I have no issue with this. I actually like it. I feel good about knowing products I recycle are getting used somehow. It's like opening an expensive box of cracker jacks to see what your prize is, lol.

I have no issue with this. I actually like it. I feel good about knowing products I recycle are getting used somehow. It's like opening an expensive box of cracker jacks to see what your prize is, lol.

I agree completely.

AMD may have problems it needs to deal with, but using recycled materials for packaging isn't one of them.

I was just more curious than anything else when I posted the OP :)

I think its quite fun actually. After all as someone else mentioned it really only needs a matchbox and a jiffy bag.

In 50 years from now, such boxes will be considered "Collector's edition" and will worth more than the processor they contained originally. :D

I paid something like $550 for an Athlon 64 X2 4400+ at launch. That was an amazing CPU at the time.

I paid something like $550 for an Athlon 64 X2 4400+ at launch. That was an amazing CPU at the time.

I pulled a $1100 AMD FX single core cpu out of a PC a few weeks ago.

Threw it in the trash.

Last edited:
Some folks would say it's eco friendly re-using some metal parts.
Mostly care about the processor not the tin though!

AMD is proud to present its Limited Edition 'Derelicte' Series FX processors. Available indefinitely...' :p

I went ahead and ordered an 8350, so I can retire my 1100t. When it comes I'll post if there is anything interesting on the package I receive.

I haven't installed it yet. Wishing I would have bought a Corsiar H100 to cool it. For now I'll just use the stock cooler, but I'm going to order an H100. I might have to rig up my case to make it fit, but I'll figure something out. If I can't, then I might just be getting me a new case also, but that one is going to be hard to hide and explain to the wife, lol. The 8350 is costing me next to nothing once my 1100t sells on Ebay, so I got away with that pretty easy. It's up to $155.xx with 4 days left.

I'll report back here in a little. Going to install it now. :)

My 1100t did everything I needed to just fine, but the 8350 seems to be a little more snappier. I'm guessing b/c it's newer architecture and runs at 4ghz (4.2ghz turbo), opposed to the 3.3ghz the 1100t ram (3.7 turbo). I want to say it runs a little cooler, but I can't find my logs that I kept with my 1100t. I haven't really haven't ran anything yet that would stand out to test it, but I'm happy with it. Heck, it is going to be practically free, so I have no room to argue. The only thing I hate, but I had this issue with my 1100t also, is that it is 125w. I was going to keep my 1100t, but a free upgrade is hard to pass up. I was tempted to go to an Intel setup with a 3770k that runs much cooler, but for now I'll just stick with AMD. Right now that is is Winter it is helping keep the room I'm in a little warmer. ;) lol

lol, that is awesome and hilarious. My friend's 8350 just has the AMD stuff inside like the other pics above. :(

Back