FX-55 temperature question

Islelight

n00b
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
61
When I look at the temperature in the BIOS of my CPU it reads 54 C. Is this high for the FX-55. Im using a Thermaltake CL-0006 PIPE 101 with a UFO fan. THANKS!
 
cg rev. clawhammers don't report temps right.. but that is a little high.

did you apply your thermal paste like this?
 
I did apply the Thermaltake paste that came with the heat sink. My motherboard is an MSI K8N NEO 4 PLATINUM non SLI.
 
Islelight said:
I did apply the Thermaltake paste that came with the heat sink. My motherboard is an MSI K8N NEO 4 PLATINUM non SLI.

Did you spread it around or just put a blob in the middle?
 
Islelight said:
I spread it around.

You're not supposed to do that, air bubbles get trapped when you do that. Reapply it with a blob in the middle and let the heatsink distribute it.
 
Back
Top