FX-4100

Wasn't this thing also supposed to come out?

Since it seems like the uber bulldozer parts are kinda meh unless you're hitting massive parallelism, when do the $100 quads come out? A $100 part that can give a 2500k a run for its money would be interesting to say the least.

A 2500k is giving the FX 8150 a spanking in many, if not almost any, use. It only has 4 cores.

Wasn't this thing also supposed to come out?

Since it seems like the uber bulldozer parts are kinda meh unless you're hitting massive parallelism, when do the $100 quads come out? A $100 part that can give a 2500k a run for its money would be interesting to say the least.

Considering the 8150 struggles against the 2500K, and the Bulldozer IPC is lower than current Phenoms, don't expect AMD to drop a $100 FX quad on the market to challenge Intel.

Considering the 8150 struggles against the 2500K, and the Bulldozer IPC is lower than current Phenoms, don't expect AMD to drop a $100 FX quad on the market to challenge Intel.

Apparently its a ~$120, that is a slightly works Phenom X4 but its cheaper than an X4. AMD will have really weird pricing schemes on their hands...:p

AMD already has a quad core with similar or better IPC. The 4100 doesn't change much.

I have to catch up in the reading/research dept. obvy but for those who already know, will the 4100 even keep up with the i3-2100?

Even a dual module 4100 uses more power under load than 2600k, lol. This is so bad. AMD is done.

It's not that bad IMO. It just should have been so much better being 2 modules. I would like to know why it's so inefficient when it comes to power on the FX 4170. They have to fix that for Piledriver or they will be done in the desktop market IMO.

Update from Microcenter employee on another forum:

Back. The 4100 will indeed be sold at MC. For some reason home office added it in 24 hours after the other CPU's. Sadly I dont remember the price point.

Also we received all of the bulldozer CPU's in yesterday (tuesday afternoon), and they will promptly be ready for sales wed morning when we open at 10.

..The greedy floor sales people are coming in on their day off to push bulldozer CPU's and motherboards on wed, as they get commission from their sales (hence the sticker they put on all of your items..)

And yes we do price match listed prices.

As for pricing the CPU's are atleast marked up $30, as I can buy them with my employee discount for $30 less then retail, and my employee discount is supposed to be 'Store Cost +10%'

We also do not currently have the liquid cooled editions in, and im not sure when we will or if we will.

Sounds like MC is not gonna offer any deals right up front on the Bulldozer. I may just drive by the store tomorrow morning so see what they got and how much they want...:confused:

Back