Futuremark Announces 3DMark 11

For some reason, 3DMark runs are usually quick to show artifacts when overclocking, compared to games... for me anyway

I usually use them for a quick test to spot any artifact when I'm overclocking. Don't really care about the score anymore.
 
Whoa! The subs were a little... offputting, but when it zoomed in on the rocks sliding by, or the lights with the barnacle covered wreck with the music playing... I was getting chills. Man, I'll need to remember to get this benchmark when I get a good DX11 card just so I can watch the whole thing.
 
That was very pretty rendering. The water was a little too clear for realism i think though. But pretty none the less.

And that's the last I expect to see from Futuremark :p
 
Now that I've got the chance to watch it at home, I must say I'm very impressed, it looks very realistic :eek:

Notice the msi advertisement. Won't be surprise if they get another company to advertise on one of the submarine in the final version :p
 
I prefer to use [H]ardMark10, Where Kyles plays through each game and gives me the real skinny..
 
Man it wasn't that long ago that this level was the best achievable with pre-rendered effects. Incredible.
 
Yawn, another synthetic "benchmark" to ignore.

I stopped caring about this when they got away from actual game engines in the benchmark itself. Its total synthetic nonsense that creates arbitrary numbers which are influenced by variables that are completely different than the variables that impact game performance.

Ever since you had to pay to use Vantage, I stopped caring.

Well I stopped caring earlier than that, but I quit running the program entirely when that happened.
 
So MSI on the sub will pay for a free version.... So I suppose Saphire on the boat/plain thing in Vantage was a freebie?

Oh, well, holding final judgment on full release.
 
i thought in vantage they had a free version, but you could only run it once or twice?

And what if I need to run it three times because I found a problem, and tried a few different steps to correct it? Four times? The whole limited run concept was stupid.

Thankfully, they are going to offer a version of 3dmark 11 with unlimited run support, so I am happy :D
 
3dMark is a great card to compare Nvidias vs Nvidias and ATI vs ATI. It's also useful to stress test a new system for stability.

It is not the end all for judging graphic cards however. If it was, then reviewer would ONLY use it and not also test the cards on a half a dozen games as well.
 
Back
Top