Full Scale HyperloopTT Passenger Pod is Revealed

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Earlier this week, HyperloopTT revealed their first full scale passenger capsule at a ceremony in Puerto de Santa Maria, Spain. The “Quintero One” is 32 meters long and 5 tons, and is constructed out of a composite material developed by the company. HyperloopTT is unaffiliated with the hyperloop projects from Elon Musk and Virgin, but they're attempting to realize the same system that Musk envisioned.

The company posted a video of the manufacturing process, which you can see here.

"In 2019, this capsule will be fully optimized and ready for passengers," said Bibop Gresta, chairman and co-founder of HyperloopTT. "Since we have taken major steps in solving government regulations with our safety certification guidelines and insurance frameworks, we are now closer than ever to bringing Hyperloop to the world."

giphy.gif

Looks like they're putting the cart before the horse, or more aptly the cart before the track it runs on . But 1 year to make a cart? I hope that was including all the R&D and associated tinkering, because if it takes 1 year per car off the production line you kind of killed the hyperloop

That said, little disappointed it was so big, making it bus sized means the idea of more numerous small carts that carry small numbers of passengers is kind of gone, plus at that size that means turns need to have a very large radius I mean it looks like the built a train car... except the train just travels in a tunnel (where have I seen that before...), sure it's supposedly WAY faster but still. The whole concept is

They are bullet trains. the pictures have gaps to the tubes with room for fins and some kind of antenna. We can drop the name now.

upload_2018-10-4_11-42-59.png

Except the concept involves vacuums and probably maglev to eliminate as much friction as possible. So no, they aren't trains.

Also, current designs don't include multiple "cars", just one. Again, not a train.

They are bullet trains. the pictures have gaps to the tubes with room for fins and some kind of antenna. We can drop the name now.

View attachment 109139

Except the concept involves vacuums and probably maglev to eliminate as much friction as possible. So no, they aren't trains.

Also, current designs don't include multiple "cars", just one. Again, not a train.

settle the fuck down there Einstein

Reactions: Ski
like this
Looks like they're putting the cart before the horse, or more aptly the cart before the track it runs on . But 1 year to make a cart? I hope that was including all the R&D and associated tinkering, because if it takes 1 year per car off the production line you kind of killed the hyperloop

Well 1 year isn't that bad for the first one built considering it takes 10 months to build a 787 from start to finish (not including time to get certified for flight) and I am sure Boeing has a lot more resources/workers than these guys do.

Since this was the first unit built, I am pretty sure they can improve on the manufacturing procedures in which will decrease build time considerably as well as cost.

Also there are several Hyperloop test tracks already completed in several countries so there are places available now where it can be tested.

A first build prototype takes an abominably long time to complete.. especially if you are trying to hand build a production level item. Ask the US Navy how building the first Arleigh Burke went vs the 50th. Heck, take a 10-minute research break into how cartridge ammunition went from hand production to millions a day. The gimmick of vacuum tunnels is going to probably end up a gimmick in practical fact in the long run. I highly doubt these units are going to be maglev. Maglev is expensive, tricky, and has some functional issues at high speed one wouldn't want to have happen inside a tunnel.

What, no windows? There better be LG Wallpaper LCD's all up in that bitch. I want to see a German countryside on my commute.

Vaporware at its finest. Since there are still no hyperloop tracks yet, this just just hype without the loop. Hyperloop TT also announced a 5 mile test track back in 2015, but so far, no progress on building it. Given how they didn't mention anything about propulsion in this video, I'm willing top bet it's really just about the materials being developed and that's about it.

It could be hype, it could be 'vaporware', but there is nothing about this technology that would keep us from building it. And it makes a lot of sense in population dense areas with overcrowded airports (like Europe).

What's up with all of the wacky names associated with hyperloop? Brogan Bambrogan? Bibop Gresta? Thay made a material they call vibranium?

You can't make this shit up.

By Bullet train, I was referring to the technology. And if you had a vacuum why would you have a hyper aerodynamic shapes?

Also if you dig, you see the concept is reaching physcially down into a track. What is shown in the video is incomplete.
upload_2018-10-5_8-0-31.png

The Hyperloop sellers are taking notes from Chris Roberts's playbook.

1. Because a perfect vacuum is impossible.
2. There are many designs out there, some include maglev, some don't. If you want the least friction with a surface, it's maglev.

By Bullet train, I was referring to the technology. And if you had a vacuum why would you have a hyper aerodynamic shapes?

Also if you dig, you see the concept is reaching physcially down into a track. What is shown in the video is incomplete.
View attachment 109351

What's up with all of the wacky names associated with hyperloop? Brogan Bambrogan? Bibop Gresta? Thay made a material they call vibranium?

You can't make this shit up.
Yeah, Bibop Gresta sounds like a name George Lucas rejected for a character from one of the Star Wars prequels.

Back