• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

"Full HD 3D" & DisplayPort 1.2

baco80

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 22, 2010
Messages
111
Quick and simple question.

If I buy a GPU (ASUS EAH6950 DirectCU II) with no HDMI outs, just DisplayPort 1.2; will I be able to output a "3D FullHD" (3D@1080p24) signal to a 3Dtv (or A/V processor) with HDMI 1.4 inputs?

fwg8xRu2a2YyWqNS_500.jpg


Im not talking about displayort>hdmi adapters here; what I mean, I don't know if theres any 3DFullHD streaming way like Frame Packing that is supported by both interfaces (send from DisplayPort 1.2 out to HDMI 1.4 input). SInce I think FramePacking is just HDMI1.4 compliant, isn't it?
 
Last edited:
Yes the Card should figure out what it is attached to and support the modes reported
 
Yes the Card should figure out what it is attached to and support the modes reported

And what is it attached to and which are the modes you're talking about?

Im not sure if a FullHD3D signal that can be output from DisplayPort 1.2 to HDMI 1.4
 
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very educated about 3d on AMD's new gen products. AFAIK 3d is supported via hdmi out and you need to use the hdmi out port on the card. perhaps you can get it to work using a 3rd party app along with display port but I won't feel comfortable recommending that unless I see somewhere that it definitely works.
 
3D should work, the feature is on the box.

1301951530SiQ2Lf1ZgY_1_4_l.jpg


I'm certain the AMD official DVI to HDMI adapters work, or going through DP 1.2.
 
3D should work, the feature is on the box.

1301951530SiQ2Lf1ZgY_1_4_l.jpg


I'm certain the AMD official DVI to HDMI adapters work, or going through DP 1.2.

Im not talking generic 3D, but "FullHD3D" (3D@1080p24) for 3D BR movies; and as long as I know, for capable tvs (HDMI 1.4), the only way to stream this signal is "Frame Packing" which is only HDMI 1.4 compliant.

Not sure if this card is able to output it from a DisplayPort 1.2 with any kind of adaptor and/or drivers.
 
Back
Top