Full Crysis Retail, leaked onto the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of warez monkeys steal ( or however you would like to call it:rolleyes:) because they can, with little effort. The only time they purchase a game is when it requires a CD key for multiplayer.

Personally, 9/10 games these days are pure crap. Flashy adds, blockbuster features, but crap games none the less. With companies like EA and Atari offering practically ZERO after release support for broken games, why would I want to support them? Look at NHL 07, look at TDU.
For example:
Straight console ports....games like NHL 07 only ported over 1/2 the keys from the console version. Buy the game on release day, have an issue, call tech support and they tell you they no longer support the product....On release day? WTF? Tell me why I should pay for another EA product then?

There are so few quality games these days. So many horrible games.
I'll be honest. I pirate everygame that I come across. If its a good game, Ill buy it. If, like most, its a crap game, I toss it. I dont sell it. Im extremely picky about my games, so once I d/l it, if I dont like it right away, its junked.
They want me to buy their games? Make some quality games and support them. Its not that Im cheap, its that Im not paying $60 or $70 on crap.

Pirating games has probably allowed me to find more games I like, and buy them, then had I not pirated them to begin with,

stealing is wrong, but at this point, do I care?

really i agree. most games i play is on lan or coop. i just think they should continue with better demos, most games that i enjoyed the demo or beta i actually bought.
i only dl some of the older games for lan play.

but to each his own. nobody is perfect here. i bet alot of us DL but dont wanna fess up cause fear of tarnishin our reps or being flamed just my .02

I'll just end with this:

1) stealing anything is wrong
2)so.....it's OK as long as it isn't YOUR shit that got stolen.

3) I cant wait to play my legally obtained copy of Crysis.:D

really i agree. most games i play is on lan or coop. i just think they should continue with better demos, most games that i enjoyed the demo or beta i actually bought.
i only dl some of the older games for lan play.

but to each his own. nobody is perfect here. i bet alot of us DL but dont wanna fess up cause fear of tarnishin our reps or being flamed just my .02

I don't care if I get flamed or not but I don't feel justified in spending $50-60 on a game that I may only enjoy for the first 5 minutes then get bored. At least if I download it and try it and I do think it sucks I still have that money in my pocket.

Its like everyone keeps saying but very little do why? Because they say they will to feel better about themselves :p

1) Arguing on the internet is for the birds.
2) I've never paid for any software. And I'm damn fine with that. Soblowme.
3) Crysis kinda sucks anyways.

Actually once you realize how you have to play Crysis its actually pretty good.

Peer-to-peer is sharing, not stealing. Besides, you cant play online with "shared" software because of cd keys and stuff. If people like the game enough of course they'll pay for it. I've "Shared" Diablo II, WC3, and similar games but I've also eventually bought my own copies so I could play online with the rest of the world.

And for those of you saying "I hope you go to jail," you can kiss my ass. Jail should be reserved for people that commit serious crimes. Rapists, serial killers, drug dealers, people who commit armed robbery, people from enron, etc. Downloading crippled software should hardly justify prison time.

"What are you here for?"
"I beat a man to death with a tack hammer. What are you in for?"
"I downloaded Half-Life 2."

haha nice comment flip3d

ok so far i've played through about the first 4 levels of crysis

and so far...its so-so, i prefer COD4 Sp for now.

it takes 1000 bullets to kill one korean, and the missions are kind of boring....go here, go there, shut down that gps jammer, destroy 2 tanks etc.

the graphics are the best i've seen so far, but they're nothing like the gameplay demos crytek showed that were supposedly running on 7800GTX

The cutscenes are very awesome and give a nice atmosphere to the game, voice acting is nice as well....

just the gameplay isn't doing it for me

Playing stealthy is not easy, as your cloak quickly runs out....

Running and gunning works pretty well, but so does walking around the korean camps and avoiding the whole confrontation

i literally drove through a couple of the levels, this is on Regular Mode btw (50% difficulty)

I hope you go to jail,too.
I will not blow you, either.
you are entitled to your review of the game.:D

a lot of game companies and developers rely on leaked copies on the internet to actually boost their numbers. It helps spread the word of the game and lets people actually try it out before they buy it in its entirety. I know a lof of people are souless and will not pay anything for a game, but if your feeling a little guilty and after playing the game it feels like it totally worth buying regardless if you played it through already or not you probably would. I know a couple friends and I'm not gonna point any fingers all used cracked copies of photoshop. until they got into the business and started getting paid, they used cracked copies of photoshop. now their shelling out what like $2000+ for a corporate copy of that item. Companies like adobe actually know a lot of people can't afford the stuff now, so the coding in photoshop is easily cracked because they know in the future after the kids who messed with their products when they were young will sooner or later buy they merchandise.

Where did you come up with this? It couldn't be further from the truth.

F'ing thieves thats what you all are....No matter what you say stealing is wrong.

MODS: PLEASE CLOSE THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys are really opinionated......

Well here's my two cents.

Alot of people download these games (like Crysis) in a "try it before you buy it" sort of way. Yes, there was a Crysis demo but not every game has one. This way, people can find out whether the game is compatible with their computer, and if it is worth the money.

E.g. Lost Planet, had I bought it I would have been extremely dissapointed, I downloaded it before buying and it was so buggy I was glad that I didn't waste 60 bucks on it.

For the gaming industry, it does hurt some businesses, while it helps others break into the market.

As for the music industry, pirating has helped the industry greater than other (not the record labels themselves, but the bands). Many, many more bands have broken through to success as a result of Napster and Kazaa (some examples included evanescene and lifehouse)...many bands do not care if you download their music as long as you show up to their concerts (alexisonfire, nin, etc.)

In fact, I have heard that record sales have been up since the whole p2p saga started years ago. I think this is because more people with internet will get more exposed to music and more casual music listeners will come out of it.

The only industry I really see getting pummeled by piracy is the movie industry. However, movies are making more money than ever (because they're so fricking expensive). Not THAT many people pirate movies, but those that do are not helping in the industry in anyway (not that I care).

Ok I know thats a lot of text and only 4 kids will read it but my point is.

Pirating has helped and hurt the gaming industry in different ways.

Pirating has really helped the music industry.

Pirating does not help the movie industry at all, but its such a small proportion that it is not significant.

My two cents.

Peer-to-peer is sharing, not stealing. Besides, you cant play online with "shared" software because of cd keys and stuff. If people like the game enough of course they'll pay for it. I've "Shared" Diablo II, WC3, and similar games but I've also eventually bought my own copies so I could play online with the rest of the world.

And for those of you saying "I hope you go to jail," you can kiss my ass. Jail should be reserved for people that commit serious crimes. Rapists, serial killers, drug dealers, people who commit armed robbery, people from enron, etc. Downloading crippled software should hardly justify prison time.

"What are you here for?"
"I beat a man to death with a tack hammer. What are you in for?"
"I downloaded Half-Life 2."

well put.. needed a good laugh in between my break in crysis

Seriously, how do you beat what I think is the last level... where you use the TAC gun? It won't lock onto anything, it's extremely frustrating.

I'm seeding the torrent for another day or so. I'm installing the game now. Does anyone wanna play online with Hamachi?

Report the issues and we'll be here.

There is no discussion of piracy, please refrain from doing so on this forum.

We're also done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back