Full Crysis Retail, leaked onto the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
speaking as someone who used to work for one of the biggest game developers in the business.... when you hire a bunch of half-trained monkeys to handle your million dollar products, things are going to go wrong

The title of this thread is inaccurate.

The article is exaggerated misinformation. I believe the Bonus DVD content has been available to pre-order customers for a while now of certain retail stores in certain countries.
Its only about 450MB or so, couple trailers, some concept art, screenshots etc etc the usual bonus dvd content.

Simply because Fairlight released the Bonus DVD content a couple days ago, many are assuming they have the final retail - which is just an assumption. Fairlight have done nothing publicly to insinuate they have it - these shady gaming sites reporting leaks are either very very well connected to the scene and know information which other scene groups do not even know (which I doubt very much) - or are just reporting bullshit 1/2 truth news in their typical attention grabbing headline manner.

Even if they did, good luck cracking it. Crysis MP Beta was put up and it still hasn't been cracked. Cheap asses should just shell out for that FP account... ;)

Even if they did, good luck cracking it. Crysis MP Beta was put up and it still hasn't been cracked. Cheap asses should just shell out for that FP account... ;)

they will crack it. if they have it now they will crack it before the game gets released end of the month. plenty of time for them to crack it. nothing is crack proof

Jeez, the Fairlight version will be on torrent before the game is released. This is not good for the PC gaming scene. Games like Crysis need to sell well for developers like Crytek to remain PC focused.

I doubt that most people who are inclined to pirate it (kids/students/cheap asses/poor mother fuckers) even have a rig capable of running it :D

I doubt that most people who are inclined to pirate it (kids/students/cheap asses/poor mother fuckers) even have a rig capable of running it :D

hehe you are damm correct. if u cant afford the retail version then what makes you think you can afford a rig to play in on? lol

speaking as someone who used to work for one of the biggest game developers in the business.... when you hire a bunch of half-trained monkeys to handle your million dollar products, things are going to go wrong

This is true for pretty much any industry, in fact.

I'm sitll going to buy it when it comes out. But The Pir*te bay doesn't have it on yet to dll, I'll check later.

I admit that the majority of software, I may not purchase, however, Crysis, I will put down the green simply because I want the MP.

I admit that the majority of software, I may not purchase, however, Crysis, I will put down the green simply because I want the MP.

BUSH-thumbs-up-3-19-5-with--thumb.jpg

me too:D

Odd that they list where to find fairlight. It's usually the job of such groups to be hidden.

And yeah, I believe from the sound of that site that it's just an assumption that if you have the bonus DVD you also have the final. I will speculate that they don't. But it is true that pre-releases diminish the excitement of a game release. Certainly it blows away the excitement of the release date if it's out before hand. I don't think it will be available before the retail date.

P.S. Game companies have thought of such things happening, that's why they have pre-orders.

It will hit the net like every game does. The question you are really debating is when. But c'mon people, let's buy the game.

I'm surprised not many devs have done what Insomniac did with Spyro: Year of the Dragon...their protection delayed the release of a crack for around two months. Given, it was a PSX title, but still, they used completely non-invasive techniques.

Ah well, can't really say this was unexpected. Really though, you'd be surprised at the number of people who pirate a game at first and then go buy it just for the online MP.

Um, stealing and piracy are synonymous, but one's a hell of a lot easier. Any idiot can download a video game, but it's not quite so easy to steal a physical object. It's why there's all of this controversy over MP3 and non-physical properties.

As for Crysis, I guess we should've seen this coming. It's been a few years, but I remember one of my friends having a European English version Far Cry before it was released, too.
It's getting more and more common for someone in the middle of the supply chain to leak something to the Internet early. I'd guess the only way to really protect yourself is a system like Valve has...which is smart, but a burden at the same time. Either they put it online ASAP, or they have some sort of "activation" system. Both suck for customers, but it's really the only option at the moment.

I've already bought the game, but I wouldn't mind playing it before I actually receive my box with the game disk.

only thing thats out for now is the crappy bonus dvd so i dont see whats the bigg fuzz about this is, all games gets leaked either a few days before retail or few after.

I don't see it on any of the sites, COD4 and Gears of War are up.

The article says 1 day 4 hours ago, I would think FLT would release a clone CD with the crack to come considering how anticipated this is.

None the less it is always questionable how much piracy effects sales, there is an assumption everyone that pirates "would" of purchased it. Crysis will be heavily purchased imho.

Having said that, if it hits the warez scene a full week before hitting the Streets that could hurt them, as people will download to play now and many may then not buy.

The title of this thread is inaccurate.

The article is exaggerated misinformation. I believe the Bonus DVD content has been available to pre-order customers for a while now of certain retail stores in certain countries.
Its only about 450MB or so, couple trailers, some concept art, screenshots etc etc the usual bonus dvd content.

Simply because Fairlight released the Bonus DVD content a couple days ago, many are assuming they have the final retail - which is just an assumption. Fairlight have done nothing publicly to insinuate they have it - these shady gaming sites reporting leaks are either very very well connected to the scene and know information which other scene groups do not even know (which I doubt very much) - or are just reporting bullshit 1/2 truth news in their typical attention grabbing headline manner.

Yea looking into this I agree with what you said, they are mistaking the Demo Extras disk.

Actually no, they're quite different. One is theft, and the other copyright infringement.

They're about as synonymous as "rape" and "murder".

Both will get you 20 years :p :D If you have a shitty lawyer or can't afford to buy your way out of it, anyway.

Who cares, it has become common to see this sort of thing these days. Unfortunately it has become one of the excuses game devs use to ignore or shit out craptastic console ports for the pc. I will buy it after the new year when the prices come down.

Both will get you 20 years :p :D If you have a shitty lawyer or can't afford to buy your way out of it, anyway.

Who cares, it has become common to see this sort of thing these days. Unfortunately it has become one of the excuses game devs use to ignore or shit out craptastic console ports for the pc. I will buy it after the new year when the prices come down.
Yes I agree they are used equivalently a lot of the time these days. I was having an annoying afternoon; normally I wouldn't object to their usage like that.

I agree with Drexion, it's either the bonus DVD or the DVD they have sitting on the shelves at Target with all the bonus content, etc.

nothing is crack proof

Really? I've seen a few Starforce games that still have no crack and they were released a long time ago. Running a virtual drive with an image file is not a crack either so don't count those.

Really? I've seen a few Starforce games that still have no crack and they were released a long time ago. Running a virtual drive with an image file is not a crack either so don't count those.

Maybe they sucked so bad nobody wanted to waste time on them? Chances are that up to 2 persons will buy it once the word gets out it's infected with starforce. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back