Full Crysis Retail, leaked onto the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this even news??

Every game I can think of has been "leaked".

BTW it's not "leaked'.

It's just piracy plain and simple. It's been happening before Doom I and will continue.

Who cares if its illegal if you download it and have paid for it. Youve supported the company and have a right to the game. Even if you do get "caught", what the hell are they gonna do? Send an email? whooooooo! scary!
And I really wonder how much of the $50 actually goes to the creators of the game. Maybe $15?

ROFL! I guess you never heard of lawyers and punitive damages.. By downloading a game through p2p you automatically distribute it in the process. This is where the legal beef is going to be, distribution not downloading.

And as a sidenote, Crysis gameplay was a huge disappointment if the demo is any measure. The engine is supercool but the game is worse than farcry. The sci-fi story is just too cheesy and the weapon accuracy is just unplayable. I mean come on, it's sci-fi with wonder-woman super nano-suit which makes you invisible but that technology can't make you shoot straight? That's just a bad joke. The pistol seems to be the most deadly weapon in the whole bunch, nades or smgs just make the enemy giggle. One pistol shot to the head usually does the trick where smg on single fire rarely kills the enemy with a headshot. This is so wrong on so many levels.

I talked with some of my friens and nearly everyone is going to download Crysis and BUY it on friday...... waiting for my preordered Crysis collectors edition;)........

IMHO Crystek should chose electronic distribution like Steam instead of stupid EA.

like I said in there thread, i already paid for it, like many others here have.
Games this huge always leak, it doesn't effect the sales, if it's good.

like I said in there thread, i already paid for it, like many others here have.
Games this huge always leak, it doesn't effect the sales, if it's good.

If I was stupid enough to download it, I'd still buy it. I am pretty sure others will do the same.

So your saying pirates don't affect sales. C'mon now we all know that, that is bs.

a lot of game companies and developers rely on leaked copies on the internet to actually boost their numbers. It helps spread the word of the game and lets people actually try it out before they buy it in its entirety. I know a lof of people are souless and will not pay anything for a game, but if your feeling a little guilty and after playing the game it feels like it totally worth buying regardless if you played it through already or not you probably would. I know a couple friends and I'm not gonna point any fingers all used cracked copies of photoshop. until they got into the business and started getting paid, they used cracked copies of photoshop. now their shelling out what like $2000+ for a corporate copy of that item. Companies like adobe actually know a lot of people can't afford the stuff now, so the coding in photoshop is easily cracked because they know in the future after the kids who messed with their products when they were young will sooner or later buy they merchandise.

a lot of game companies and developers rely on leaked copies on the internet to actually boost their numbers. It helps spread the word of the game and lets people actually try it out before they buy it in its entirety. I know a lof of people are souless and will not pay anything for a game, but if your feeling a little guilty and after playing the game it feels like it totally worth buying regardless if you played it through already or not you probably would. I know a couple friends and I'm not gonna point any fingers all used cracked copies of photoshop. until they got into the business and started getting paid, they used cracked copies of photoshop. now their shelling out what like $2000+ for a corporate copy of that item. Companies like adobe actually know a lot of people can't afford the stuff now, so the coding in photoshop is easily cracked because they know in the future after the kids who messed with their products when they were young will sooner or later buy they merchandise.

Purple Haze, thats a really good argument but we are talking about PC games that only cost $49 and sometimes $39. That scenario won't work with PC games.

LOL. Uh, no. They don't make Photoshop "easy to crack," it just ends up being that way.

I grabbed it but I also ordered 2 copies (1 for me, 1 for a friend as a gift). Too bad my PC isn't all together yet lol.

What the hell it was uploaded and cracked even before street release? Remember with BioShock? PC copy didn't get cracked 1+ week after release.... I would think they would have added more protection learning from the mistakes of BioShock. :(

A little off-topic but, I pre-ordered my limited edition from gamestop way back in August. Can I cancel the pre-order now for 100% cash refund? I bought it through debit card. I would rather buy it from circuit city for $50 + $10 gift card.

So your saying pirates don't affect sales. C'mon now we all know that, that is bs.

You right it could improve sales because people get to really try it out!! :)

same as music downloads have INCREASED music sales in most countries, like canada... what a concept?

same as music downloads have INCREASED music sales in most countries, like canada... what a concept?
'Cause our lovely country o' Canada rocks (check out that dollar baby lol).

I'm one of the people that download, play / watch / listen then buy the ones I like. The fact that I downloaded it first doesn't affect sales because if I wouldn't have played / watched / listened first I wouldn't have bought it anyway. ;)

What the hell it was uploaded and cracked even before street release? Remember with BioShock? PC copy didn't get cracked 1+ week after release.... I would think they would have added more protection learning from the mistakes of BioShock. :(

A little off-topic but, I pre-ordered my limited edition from gamestop way back in August. Can I cancel the pre-order now for 100% cash refund? I bought it through debit card. I would rather buy it from circuit city for $50 + $10 gift card.

Refunds should be no problem. But since you paid with a Debit card, I think they would have to refund you with cash.

You right it could improve sales because people get to really try it out!! :)

Your trying to pull a positive from a negative and it doesn't really apply. You have a ton of wishful thinking.

positives can come from negatives, i dont have a ton of wishful thinking, but some facts behind them see: Music sales in canada

This "could" apply here, but the numbers cant be tracked, just like they can be tracked as to how much warez "cost" the industry, nothing is fact, it is all assumptions made for $ amounts.

razor took the preload files and modded the demo executable. that is how you crack a game before it is released.

1st, I am not fond of downloading games or movies, not legally nor illegaly, because I enjoy having them in their box with artwork and all the little things companies tend to forget nowadays (like nice big boxes, extras, maps etc etc) while still asking for heavy amounts of money per title.

2nd, pirating software is NOT in ANY way like stealing, and if anyone says so, he is either one of those greedy fat little people who tend to suck blood and spit dollars (or euros), or just misinformed.

When you steal a car, the person who had that car no longer has a car, so he will probably just hike his way home missing his girl's birthday, break up with her and end up playing WOW for the rest of his destroyed life. See what you just did to him ?

When you download an illegal copy of a game or movie, you do not take it away from anyone. That's the main and key factor that determines stealing. Taking away.

Now lets say we have a 10 years old kid who don't get enough pocket money and instead of buying downloads the latest album of his favorite singer. Do you give a damn ? Should you give a damn ? And if so, why ? Because if you think the artist will miss out the oppurtunity to release a new album, cause he'll end up poor and sleeping on the streets cause of illegal downloading, then rethink.

Putting morals aside, since any individual understands morals differently, and looking only at the facts, it is not hard to understand that truth is, at least on the vast majority of times, the ones who will download illegal are the ones who would NOT buy the original anyway. Due to not having enough money (that's the main reason, by far) ? Due to being bored to go to the store ? Due to not having a credit card ? Whatever. Anyway, they wouldn't buy it.

And the people who would buy it, will buy it.

So what do we have in our hands after all this typing ? A world wide crusade triggered by the fact that people will not tolerate other people enjoying the stuff they can't afford even when by doing so they do not take them away or reduce their availability.

It is not stealing. It's not like they are taking their pie and leave them hungry. It's more like they are smelling how nice their pie smells, and do not pay for the fee they charge for that.

It is not stealing. It's not like they are taking their pie and leave them hungry. It's more like they are smelling how nice their pie smells, and do not pay for the fee they charge for that.

You've got to be shitting me.

You don't get sued for theft. You get sued for copyright infringement, and all your little asinine arguments for theft go out the window in court.

It's people like you that keep our jails so overcrowded. At least look up what law you're breaking before you get locked away for it....

Nice logic, but it has a major flaw.
How many people pay for what they an get for free?
In a world where money is a MAJOR driving factor - not many.
You have illegal downloads in all parts of the world - be it US, Canada, China or Lebanon.
Deciding only those who can't pay are the ones who download games is just shutting a blind eye, and along with it deciding everyone is moral.
Now I think games are over priced and I'm sure there are many people who CAN'T pay for them, BUT I'm pretty sure there are millions of people who CAN pay for them but won't since they can get them for free.
If the game companies really wanted to lower piracy they would price games according to the local market they're selling in, acknowledging the buying power of the local community. That'll never happen due to globalisation, you can now order pretty much anything from anywhere in the world. So let's say Crysis is priced at $25 somewhere in Africa, many people in the states will order it and save 20 bucks after shipping.
Or even worse, some smartass will buy a 1000 copies from there and sell them for 50$ in the states. It's a loosing battle no matter from which perspective you look at it.
Back on the priateering topic:
Think of it this way, how many people can run Crysis ? Only people who have midrange PC's + from the last 2 years, so consequentially , they should be able to afford spending 50$ on a game for their system (which is not low end or outdated which means it cost a pretty penny not too long ago), no? Or maybe because YOU HAVE TO HAVE HARDWARE- you buy it, and software is just Data , so you download it?
Is there less effort put into a game like Crysis than a new CPU? Maybe financially yes, in terms of creativity and time, not really.
So for you pirates out there - YOU SUCK. Wanna be creative? go write an open source game worth a damn.
And for all the game companies you suck as well, try and milk the cow a little less and it will eventually offer you more milk.

Putting morals aside, since any individual understands morals differently, and looking only at the facts, it is not hard to understand that truth is, at least on the vast majority of times, the ones who will download illegal are the ones who would NOT buy the original anyway. Due to not having enough money (that's the main reason, by far) ? Due to being bored to go to the store ? Due to not having a credit card ? Whatever. Anyway, they wouldn't buy it.

And the people who would buy it, will buy it.

i wont buy ti because i dont have a pc that can run it in its full glory. i can play in medium but imo it looks crap compared to all those vidoes and screens posted all over the place

The people here downloading Crysis only want it because they can get it now, why wait when you can complete the single player now, and then once it hits retail, you can just buy it and re-install for the multiplayer?

If you have no intentions of purchasing it and just adding it to your warez collection, shame on you. Also by doing that, I've realized that one cannot fully appreciate a game due to the lack of respect in which it was acquired..

That is all. :)

EA sucks both my balls, the E sucks my left nut and the A sucks my right nut.

Crytek should have gone with Steam, EA blows donkey ballsack.

I feel sorry for them, if they went this wouldn't have happened.

Oh well, move on.

For those who thought "ahahaa we pwned him". Go take a look now on the pirate bay. Razor1911 just released it.

The fascistic comments that hasted to underline me as one of those who keep your jails overcrowded (now, that statement is glowing with logic, really), re-read what I wrote.

I have seen statistics and projects that intended to understand the whys and the whos behind downloading illegal works of art (discard art if you feel like). I have also taken part in some of them. Even though they were all about europeans and not americans, the results apply over there too, I m fairly sure.

I didnt say money aint a major factor, so people won't buy what they can get for free. Did I have to state the obvious ? That's the whole point. The people who CAN afford will buy, and the people who CAN'T afford will NOT buy.

Let's pretend we have two persons, one of each. The one, you know he can't buy it, he does not have the money. So he downloads it. The other can, and buys it.

You are sitting on your couch. And hear about it. And get mad about it. Why ?

Let's be frank, if you do get mad it is either because you work for a company, or because you do not want another living human being to have what you paid for, for free. Unless you are naive enough to actually believe this will hurt the game creator, and he ll stop releasing the games you like.

I am not saying ALL of those who do download are like that, guys who can't afford and so wouldnt buy anyway. But the MAJORITY of them, are. The companies will milk you dry, to the last cent. That's why they make such a big deal out of it. It is normal, and I don't blame them, they are companies after all.

But I don't understand the -I ll repeat the word- fascistic mindset that seems to have been "installed" in some heads. Just quit being so bitter. If you can, buy. I do that and enjoy all my purchases, cherish the last page out of every manual (if there is one), and put them all on a nice big bookcase.

Instead of accusing them, how about taking a look at the money companies ask for games, that do NOT write on the box "can't be played unless you have internet access" and yet require PATCH after PATCH after PATCH to be actually playable, games that come in empty plastic slim cases with no manuals, products that you pay for and get what you paid for, not.

Because, that's what is able of hurting the pc games market. But companies won't make it sound like something big now, will they ?

Fence sitters will fall into the buyers camp if they download a free copy of a game and happen to like it, for really well built games that are a lot of fun to play, piracy can be a positive thing.

People who are cheapskates or whatever, will always find a way to scam the devs, either borrow from a friend, steal a copy, buy & return, or even just wait months until it's bargin price before buying.

Gaming is now a multi million dollar industry and people DO spend a lot of money on games, convincing fence sitters to buy your game is a big opportunity to boost sales. I especially like some tactics employed in the past, I remember CoD2 cracked version could be played online for about 2 weeks before the online copy protection was "turned on", giving all the people with pirated copies to actually play multiplayer.

I wonder how many of those thousands of players thought the multiplayer was really good and bought the game once the cracked copy became unplayable online?

The fascistic comments that hasted to underline me as one of those who keep your jails overcrowded (now, that statement is glowing with logic, really), re-read what I wrote.

I have seen statistics and projects that intended to understand the whys and the whos behind downloading illegal works of art (discard art if you feel like). I have also taken part in some of them. Even though they were all about europeans and not americans, the results apply over there too, I m fairly sure.

I didnt say money aint a major factor, so people won't buy what they can get for free. Did I have to state the obvious ? That's the whole point. The people who CAN afford will buy, and the people who CAN'T afford will NOT buy.

Let's pretend we have two persons, one of each. The one, you know he can't buy it, he does not have the money. So he downloads it. The other can, and buys it.

Let's be frank, if you do get mad it is either because you work for a company, or because you do not want another living human being to have what you paid for, for free. Unless you are naive enough to actually believe this will hurt the game creator, and he ll stop releasing the games you like.

I am not saying ALL of those who do download are like that, guys who can't afford and so wouldnt buy anyway. But the MAJORITY of them, are. The companies will milk you dry, to the last cent. That's why they make such a big deal out of it. It is normal, and I don't blame them, they are companies after all.

But I don't understand the -I ll repeat the word- fascistic mindset that seems to have been "installed" in some heads. Just quit being so bitter. If you can, buy. I do that and enjoy all my purchases, cherish the last page out of every manual (if there is one), and put them all on a nice big bookcase.

Instead of accusing them, how about taking a look at the money companies ask for games, that do NOT write on the box "can't be played unless you have internet access" and yet require PATCH after PATCH after PATCH to be actually playable, games that come in empty plastic slim cases with no manuals, products that you pay for and get what you paid for, not.

Because, that's what is able of hurting the pc games market. But companies won't make it sound like something big now, will they ?

Man, your logic is warped.
Do you steal bread from the store?
Dont even pretend that stealing intellectual property is somehow different from stealing bread. It's not.
If you feel good or feel like a real man stealing from other hard working peolpe be my guest.
If you make,invent or manufacture something....it's yours to sell at what price people are willing to pay.....it is not, nor should it be YOUR(the consumer)decision what's too much, what's bad or good in that respect since you didnt make or develop said product.
You are stealing if you pirate,crack,or make available for download a product that is not yours. Plain and simple, the end.
Oh, I hope you go to jail. Have a nice day.:D

Well, it's one more problem I have with street dates. Granted it's not always a game with a major announced release date, but it irks me that we're stuck on these bizarre schedules where games are supposed to go on sale on a certain date (rather than when the shipment arrives) and people end up just bailing on the game because they can get it early.
People can talk that they're still going to buy it if they like the downloaded version, but how many people REALLY will? I'd say only a few.
It's a situation where I really favor the option of digital downloading or ship and sell immediately.
I'm not even sure all of the people downloading really care about it being free as much as they care about "I want it NOW."

Man, your logic is warped.
Do you steal bread from the store?
Dont even pretend that stealing intellectual property is somehow different from stealing bread. It's not.
If you feel good or feel like a real man stealing from other hard working peolpe be my guest.
If you make,invent or manufacture something....it's yours to sell at what price people are willing to pay.....it is not, nor should it be YOUR(the consumer)decision what's too much, what's bad or good in that respect since you didnt make or develop said product.
You are stealing if you pirate,crack,or make available for download a product that is not yours. Plain and simple, the end.
Oh, I hope you go to jail. Have a nice day.:D

My dear bitter tongued forum mate, I will start from the end of your post, and remind you the fact I already stated, but obviously you did not read. I can not go to jail for breaking copyright laws because I am a fan of originals.

But the reason I prefer originals is not because I do not want to commit the crime of downloading illegal software or movies etc etc. It is only because I like to have a collection of good games in their boxes, and judge carefully the ones I want to be in that collection.

Now that your wish of seeing me behind bars is gone with the wind, lets move on to the real point (Of course I am sure if you could you would arrest my right now just for having a different mindset than yours. Lets both pretend though, for the sake of arguement, that having an oppinion against yours aint a crime -in reality it is, you know that well, don't you?).

To the point... YES it is NOT like stealing bread, for the love of the god of lawyers. Of course it is COMPLETELY different.

You are only seeing black and white. It is not so. Let's pretend I have bought a music album. I like tracks two and three. I love those tracks, I love the lyrics the music all of it. So my sister comes to visit, and I also invite 2 friends. I put the tracks to play.

Do they commit a crime ? They are listening to music they did not buy. If they download the music, they will also listen to music they did not buy.

Let's say I want to share track 3 with my sister, who lives in another city. I log into msn and send her track 3 commenting on how great it is and waiting to hear if she likes it as well or not. I should go to jail ? My sister as well ?

Another example. We ALL know how damn buggy games are nowadays. Why shouldnt one be able to know if he can actually play through it without having to wait for patches ? He may not want to log to internet, or can't. Why don't the companies list all the bugs then ?

The list can go on and on, I know some will find little to no logic or just dismiss my comments. You have to understand though, I do not support illegal downloading. Personally I consider it worthless, it does not make me feel good, like I feel when I get my hands on the box, open it up and see what's inside before I load the discs.

BUT! It is NOT such a big matter like companies and some narrow minded people with equally narrow logic want you to believe. There are far worst things hurting art of any form, and these come from the companies themselves.

. & _

Maybe things have changed in the past few years, but when I was back in college (about 5 years ago), almost nobody who downloaded games then went out and bought them. I was a computer engineering major before deciding to switch to pre-law, so most of my friends were part of the tech crowd. I can tell you almost all of us downloaded games and almost none of us actually went out and bought them (except in very rare circumstances). I actually had one friend you had a sales list and he would sell downloaded games to the less tech savvy for $8-$10 each (ironically, he was later arrested for selling drugs).

I now realize how much of a tool I was for screwing over the companies that were making the games, because in reality I could have afforded to buy the games if I really wanted to. I could have chosen not to go blow my money at the bar every weekend and bought every decent game that came out. But because I could get games for free, I chose to spend my money elsewhere.

I think many of the people that say they "can't afford" a game are just kidding themselves. If you can afford a system that can run Crysis, you sure as hell can afford the game. And I assume you aren't downloading through your dial-up Net Zero account. You just prefer to get it for free. And the argument that you download to see if a game is good is equally unpersuasive. Download the demo and read a couple of reviews like everyone else.

Like I said, I did the same thing when I was in college, so I am not trying to browbeat those who do it now. But I do think that with maturity brings clarity of thought, and down the road many of you will realize that no matter how you justify it, the developers are getting screwed.

P.S. I am clearly not referring to people that have already purchased the game and are just really antsy to get it. I see no harm in downloading in that particular circumstance.

Using your bizarre logic,(stardusted) it would them be a crime to attend an art gallery to look at the art and allow the artist to share it with me.....wrong.
Listening to your PURCHASED music with friends in your house is by no means a crime, and I never implied that logic at all.
It is unfortunately criminal to take your music album, record it to a digital format, place it on a computer, and allow anybody to possess it, if they did not pay royalty to the artist. Just like you cant sit in the store and eat the bread......you never left the store, so you didn't in principle steal it.......but you used it withpout paying for it, didn't you.

I admit your previous post was lengthy and I had trouble syphering whether you are an illegal downloader or not. Sorry.

The point still stands.....if you possess work that is not yours, with the intent to gain from it physically or intellectually, and did not compensate the producer, you stole it.
The fact that a large company acts as a middle-man in distribution is moot.....the producer of the item needs a distributor.....the distributor advertises the product,packages it and makes it available to you and me......we pay for that service, sometimes way too much......but you still break the law when you steal and you should go to jail.

Using your bizarre logic,(stardusted) it would them be a crime to attend an art gallery to look at the art and allow the artist to share it with me.....wrong.
Listening to your PURCHASED music with friends in your house is by no means a crime, and I never implied that logic at all.
It is unfortunately criminal to take your music album, record it to a digital format, place it on a computer, and allow anybody to possess it, if they did not pay royalty to the artist. Just like you cant sit in the store and eat the bread......you never left the store, so you didn't in principle steal it.......but you used it withpout paying for it, didn't you.

I admit your previous post was lengthy and I had trouble syphering whether you are an illegal downloader or not. Sorry.

The point still stands.....if you possess work that is not yours, with the intent to gain from it physically or intellectually, and did not compensate the producer, you stole it.
The fact that a large company acts as a middle-man in distribution is moot.....the producer of the item needs a distributor.....the distributor advertises the product,packages it and makes it available to you and me......we pay for that service, sometimes way too much......but you still break the law when you steal and you should go to jail.

Ok obviously my posts are being misunderstood, so I'll drop it. I never tried to justify piracy. I want to express though how shady things are, how bizzare sounds to me to be able to posses art (like possessing music, something you can only hear and not touch).

As my last line, I will only repeat that putting downloading for personal use by people on the same line with stealing goods, is wrong. Wrong and cruel. Because, believe it or not there are people who can't afford it. It might sound strange to some, but they are real I can assure you of that. Let's go crucify them all.

damm can we stop the argument please? its bene leaked, there is nothing anyone can do to stop it from leaking. let people who want to download, download it and the people who dont, then dont.

no point arguing over weather its stealing or not. let it be man. whoever has the game posts some screen shots ;) lets get back on topic guys

I think this comes back to my statement earlier. If you have a PC that can run Crysis, you most certainly can afford a $50 game. To get a PC that'll run it well will set you back at least a grand, and that's not counting a monitor that'll display it at a decent resolution.
A good chunk of the people DL'ing this game are doing it because they want it NOW, not necessarily because it's free. It's a matter of the company putting an artificial release date on something that's been finished and ready to distribute for a while. It's why the net went nuts when the pre-order downloads started this weekend. This leak is just like that pre-load, only there's no waiting. I'd bet that the number of people DL'ing the game would probably be cut in 1/2 if EA actually did allow downloads earlier. People don't like paying, but they also don't like waiting for something that's already done.

Personally, 9/10 games these days are pure crap. Flashy adds, blockbuster features, but crap games none the less. With companies like EA and Atari offering practically ZERO after release support for broken games, why would I want to support them? Look at NHL 07, look at TDU.
For example:
Straight console ports....games like NHL 07 only ported over 1/2 the keys from the console version. Buy the game on release day, have an issue, call tech support and they tell you they no longer support the product....On release day? WTF? Tell me why I should pay for another EA product then?

There are so few quality games these days. So many horrible games.
I'll be honest. I pirate everygame that I come across. If its a good game, Ill buy it. If, like most, its a crap game, I toss it. I dont sell it. Im extremely picky about my games, so once I d/l it, if I dont like it right away, its junked.
They want me to buy their games? Make some quality games and support them. Its not that Im cheap, its that Im not paying $60 or $70 on crap.

Pirating games has probably allowed me to find more games I like, and buy them, then had I not pirated them to begin with,

stealing is wrong, but at this point, do I care?

Screw it.
There are far worse things fucked up in this world than Crytek/EA missing out on a few sales.
Many of them done for greed, many done out of selfishness and ego.
I suggest we all run to congress to solve our REAL problems before we whine about this crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back