Fugly case mod. aka hybrid

Sadly, those hard rubber gromments arn't gonna do much to reduce the vibration in the case unless your not worried about it to much. Another problem I see is that front intake fan will encounter nothing but back pressure as a result of that drive cage basically blocking the entire airflow.

Hell, your not even gonna get much airflow due to the drive cage basically sealing the HDD's in the first place. What will result will be a turbulent mess only making your case louder. Perhaps pass on the front intake and use passive intake air with your 120mm? Keep in mind, that if you DO use the intake fan, your gonna have to put in a fan in their that will supply the same CFM as your 120mm will exhaust, otherwise you will have negative pressure in your case and sufficate your equipment.

Hmm, how are you going to cut through that plastic roofing for that blowhole? With all that outside alient plastic stuff its gonna make it kinda tough to "personalize" the case if you know what I mean.

IceWind said:
Sadly, those hard rubber gromments arn't gonna do much to reduce the vibration in the case unless your not worried about it to much. Another problem I see is that front intake fan will encounter nothing but back pressure as a result of that drive cage basically blocking the entire airflow.

Hell, your not even gonna get much airflow due to the drive cage basically sealing the HDD's in the first place. What will result will be a turbulent mess only making your case louder. Perhaps pass on the front intake and use passive intake air with your 120mm? Keep in mind, that if you DO use the intake fan, your gonna have to put in a fan in their that will supply the same CFM as your 120mm will exhaust, otherwise you will have negative pressure in your case and sufficate your equipment.

Hmm, how are you going to cut through that plastic roofing for that blowhole? With all that outside alient plastic stuff its gonna make it kinda tough to "personalize" the case if you know what I mean.
Yea its being a tough case to get stuff done on it.. but I've got some drawings I need to post of what i'm going to do to it. and I'm workin on the airflow design for the front, gonna be some major reshaping done to it.

well i got the ugly ass piece of plastic off the front of the drive door thingy... so yea now I can start on the bondo, and spot for my lcd.
frontrev.jpg

Wow, I think it looks tons better already just removing the plastic crap. See there is something workable underneath all that.

redhalo said:
Wow, I think it looks tons better already just removing the plastic crap. See there is something workable underneath all that.
rgr i'm justnow getting around to the physical apperiance of it. :p

Off topic :

1337m0dd3r, are you a bassist by any chance?

On topic :

Glad to see you're going to make something of that piece of shit case. :) Looking good thusfar. :)

Nuzzles said:
Off topic :

1337m0dd3r, are you a bassist by any chance?

On topic :

Glad to see you're going to make something of that piece of shit case. :) Looking good thusfar. :)
:) danka, eh... yea I do play bass.... why do you ask? Oo;;

redhalo said:
It's got great lines when you get past all the gaudy crap.
Yea I'm seeing alot more potential then I thought it had at first once I took off that ugly ass plastic thingy from the door. :D
[space for picture when gets home from work]

1337m0dd3r said:
:) danka, eh... yea I do play bass.... why do you ask? Oo;;

Last pic on the first post. Bottom right corner says "Warwick" :p had to know. :p

1337m0dd3r said:
Yea I'm seeing alot more potential then I thought it had at first once I took off that ugly ass plastic thingy from the door. :D
[space for picture when gets home from work]
It reminds me of recent trends in import cars, where you have a sleek curve that comes to a sharp point, know what I meen? Like a Celica for example.

redhalo said:
It reminds me of recent trends in import cars, where you have a sleek curve that comes to a sharp point, know what I meen? Like a Celica for example.
yea, it does come to think of it :)

Ski Me said:
Dude your fugly like your case need to mod yourself as well so as the ladies will flock to yous feet. Really my kid liked your picture and wanted me post one of him and this is the one he wanted I don't know why.

First off ski me your a Ahole. And is that case small god that 120mm take up 50% of the front :eek: . And any plans for flames :D .

altec said:
First off ski me your a Ahole. And is that case small god that 120mm take up 50% of the front :eek: . And any plans for flames :D .
naw its really not a small case just looks that way in the pic :p and I'm about to post my design ideas for the case. :)

Well i don't blame you for not saying don't want anyone taking them.

blowhole is now cut in the plastic top part too.
top1.jpg

top2.jpg

if they look crooked to you its just the way the pic is taken. :p

now its time to start on the bondo. :grumbles:

Good job on the hole. Are you planning on using some sort of duct to go from the fan to the rim of your hole? I assume that's what all the bondo would be for . . .

Captain Colonoscopy said:
Good job on the hole. Are you planning on using some sort of duct to go from the fan to the rim of your hole? I assume that's what all the bondo would be for . . .
danka, ya thats what Im doin with it. I've got it started just gotta take some pics and post them :)

Zoio said:
looking real smooth ^^ wanna see how the rest comes out.
Thank ya, I should have the pics up sometime today hopefully :D did some test painting on the door, thinkin I have some sweet paint ideas for it :p

well i finished the door for the case and re mounted it so heres a pic. enjoy.
frontfinished.jpg

i dont know why everyone is like AH! piece of fucking shit! kill it, cause i have actually a seen a few remarkable things done to this case before, everything has potential as long as you like the end result thats all the matters.

i like what you got going so far, any windows in the plan, in see a bezel full of switches, leds,lcd, sleathed cd drive...

also ever consider making the eyes glow red just i personally think it would look better with the black paint job but it still looks good, i like the mesh.
keep it coming

I would go with red too... but the harddrive thing is blue premodded .... so I'm just gonna stick with blue.. way to much effort to get it to be red. lol. I also do plan to put a lcd in the pc somewhere ;)

That decorative crap on the sides, is there a way to get rid of it? The new door gives it a much more clean/sleek look and then the "x" face breaks up the goodness. I like the mesh, just not so as much the forms around it, ya know? Your doing a fine job otherwise. Red lighting would look good on this. Keep us updated :D

redhalo said:
That decorative crap on the sides, is there a way to get rid of it? The new door gives it a much more clean/sleek look and then the "x" face breaks up the goodness. I like the mesh, just not so as much the forms around it, ya know? Your doing a fine job otherwise. Red lighting would look good on this. Keep us updated :D
yea I'm still trying to decide what to do with the side panels cause I'm with you on how they throw it all off. but yea I'll keep ya updated :D

looks pretty good, was the ugly part on the door a seperate piece that was easily removable?

lookin good. i've seen a couple of other amazing mods done to this case...

keep it up

Back