Fugly case mod. aka hybrid

1337m0dd3r

[H]ard|Gawd
Yes i know this case is pretty f*ckin ugly but I see mod potential in it so what the hell I figured I'd start modding it..
heres pics of what I've gotten done so far more pics to come
mypcv12.jpg

the mesh I've put in... thats the only mod I have a pic of so far I cut out the grill on the 120 intake on the front yesterday.
mypcv1.jpg

fullshot
pcguts.jpg

theres the guts before I took everything out after my mobo died on me. : /
----
I started on doing my dual 120 blow hole on the top just few minutes ago... so I'll get pics of that up as soon as possible... hopefully at somepoint soon here I'll be doing a wee bit of watercooling.. nothing amazing but still. :)
plz don't flame me for my case.. like I said I see pontential in it.. and I don't really feel like geting bitched at for having this case. : /

shocksyde said:
HOLY CRAP that case is nasty
Thanks for being the first ass in this worklog. T-T
altec said:
Are you modding this? If not this does not go here.
ok for one READ THE FUCKING POST. "I started on doing my dual 120 blow hole on the top just few minutes ago... so I'll get pics of that up as soon as possible..." jesus it'd be nice if people actually read stuff.

when it comes to case modding all people care about is pics, so cut the text and post like eleventy-billion pics of that fugly case of yours.

hopefully it looks better when it is done.

good luck with it

Fuck em, your fine. More pics are always preferable though, it helps the short attention span. ;) I'm curious where you go with this, kinda reminds me of Battlestar Galactica.

compslckr said:
when it comes to case modding all people care about is pics, so cut the text and post like eleventy-billion pics of that fugly case of yours.

hopefully it looks better when it is done.

good luck with it
yea I'm aware of the pics thats why I said I'll get them up as soon as possible ;)

I like the mesh on the front intakes. I don't want to thread crap but I do think that is a horrifically ugly case, hence your title. :) Like any case it does have potential to be something not so horribly ugly so I'll be watching to see what you do with it. PLEASE tell me you're going to rip off that stupid looking spaceship-bird looking thing on the front door. :eek: How are you going to do the dual 120mm fans on top? Doesn't that case have a plastic piece on the top? Maybe some duct work?

Captain Colonoscopy said:
I like the mesh on the front intakes. I don't want to thread crap but I do think that is a horrifically ugly case, hence your title. :) Like any case it does have potential to be something not so horribly ugly so I'll be watching to see what you do with it. PLEASE tell me you're going to rip off that stupid looking spaceship-bird looking thing on the front door. :eek: How are you going to do the dual 120mm fans on top? Doesn't that case have a plastic piece on the top? Maybe some duct work?
indeed the case is quite ugly now but with the plans I have for it, it'll be lookin pretty sexy by the time I'm done with it.

dual120bondotemp.jpg

heres what I plan to do to the top of the case.. its my template with I am about to go use on my case.

Everytime someone buys a case like that just to leave it stock... God kills a kitten. Thank goodness your modding it.

Seer said:
Everytime someone buys a case like that just to leave it stock... God kills a kitten. Thank goodness your modding it.
rgr that, this is just a experiment... this is my other case. My actual mod. just needs to be re sanded and primed and painted.
DSC00286.JPG

DSC00310.JPG

DSC00319.JPG

that was project kirba.

if its a case that ugly please use links for the befor pics so we dont have to burn our eyes

k so I have some more pics for you guys. I've decided to do only one 120 blowhole on the top for the reason of the way the case is constructed. well anyways here's the pics.
caseempty.jpg

empty and dissasembled case
casefront120.jpg

120 grill cut out on front
toptemplate.jpg

top blow hole template
casefeet.jpg

The beggining of some case feet, just use your imagination, metal + plexi + led
lcd.jpg

4 by 20 red text crystal fontz lcd (I've had it laying around forever so I figure I'll put it to use.
themodder.jpg

and of course me the lowly case modder

----
well thats it for now, i'll update again tomorrow or something

Hey bro, I am not into premods, but it wont be once you are done. The idiots that make stupid comments are never going away.....hey probably has a dell anyway. Good luck bro, and use some of that mod money on a haircut....jk :p

I want to see how it turns out.

Joni Nitro said:
Hey bro, I am not into premods, but it wont be once you are done. The idiots that make stupid comments are never going away.....hey probably has a dell anyway. Good luck bro, and use some of that mod money on a haircut....jk :p

I want to see how it turns out.
Thanks alot man :)

yeah, to echo the thought of someone above, I could really see that case going the "Old Skool Battlestar Galatica Cylon" Route, VERY easily ;)

Know it's not what your planning, but I could see it.

Zumino Zufeilon said:
yeah, to echo the thought of someone above, I could really see that case going the "Old Skool Battlestar Galatica Cylon" Route, VERY easily ;)

Know it's not what your planning, but I could see it.
lol :)

1337m0dd3r said:
Thread thief :p jk thats cool :)
---
Small update in like 30minutes

Sorry, :p your other case is pretty cool though. Did you bondo those fan intakes in the front? :p

Spare-Flair said:
Sorry, :p your other case is pretty cool though. Did you bondo those fan intakes in the front? :p
yea, I kinda messed them up though, it was my first time workin with bondo. I think Im actually going to repaint that today. hehe

Well I got these grommets installed in the 120mm fan hole.. just gotta smooth the edges.
grommet1.jpg

They were hard as hell to get in there.. didn't make the fan screw hole size any bigger :p still don't know how I actually got them in there.
grommet2.jpg

i would just like to reply to the poster's comment.

your title says fugly case....i called it a fugly case....what's the deal with flipping out on me?

chill out dude

shocksyde said:
i would just like to reply to the poster's comment.

your title says fugly case....i called it a fugly case....what's the deal with flipping out on me?

chill out dude
...sorry..

I'm workin on a frickin update right now.. I have more pics.. the blowhole is cut....most of it is done.. I'm just way to lazy to take pics :p

1337m0dd3r said:
Well I got these grommets installed in the 120mm fan hole.. just gotta smooth the edges.
grommet1.jpg

They were hard as hell to get in there.. didn't make the fan screw hole size any bigger :p still don't know how I actually got them in there.
grommet2.jpg
idea in not book!!! ill use this or my mod!!

I think he meant....Idea in notebook, I will use this on my mod.

I killz me sumtyme wen folkz bootcher tha english langawage.....lol

Anyways, I am waiting on some updates bro, you have to reedem this case.

lol, yea I think thats what he meant too... yea I really need to post the pics I have when I get home from my gf's house.. .where I am now ; )

---
edit
---
btw my rig is still not operational. :(

themodder.jpg

Dude your fugly like your case need to mod yourself as well so as the ladies will flock to yous feet. Really my kid liked your picture and wanted me post one of him and this is the one he wanted I don't know why.
bigassface.jpg

Ski Me said:
themodder.jpg

Dude your fugly like your case need to mod yourself as well so as the ladies will flock to yous feet. Really my kid liked your picture and wanted me post one of him and this is the one he wanted I don't know why.
bigasface.jpg
lmfao o_O

got the 120mm cut and have a pic of it now. also have a pic of the paint setup that I will be using :D
-
120hole.jpg

120mm hole
paint1.jpg

Paint guns
paint2.jpg

Compressor and water filter
--
Im working on the case feet and also the fine tuning of the blow hole.
about to start donig the plastic and bondo part..ick I suck ass with bondo.

Back