• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FT: Microsoft Zune Black

the7ftman

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
480
Have a brand new Black 30GB Microsoft Zune that im willining to trade. Barely used with no scuffs or scratches. Comes with everything that you get at retail. Including the 14day trial pass to Zune Marketplace. What im looking for is a cheap laptop, somewhere between 200-250 and am willing to throw in a couple of dollars for an even swap. Also interested in a x1950xt trade. Pm me with ANY offers!
Ebay id: the7ftallman
 
Im not going to trade but curious on how good are the zunes? Would u say ipod over zune?
 
My fiance has a 30gb white video ipod. The video quality of the zune is 5x better than the ipods. The ipods screen looks like a cell phone while the zunes looks like a small high definition screen. And then there is the fact that the zune plays windows media files(wmv,wma) so since they are smaller than what the ipod uses, you can get alot more files on the zune. I have the complete Band of Brothers series on my zune and it is amazing(i watch it during lunch). Let me know if you have any specific questions.
 
PorkyBubs said:
Im not going to trade but curious on how good are the zunes? Would u say ipod over zune?
i think my Zune is way better than the IPod video.
 
I really like my Zune too- the sound quality and even the build seems better than my wife's 20g ipod. I have not had one hiccup with the software and find it very easy to use.
 
Buy all what music? It works the same way as a IPOD. Put a CD in your drive, and it rips the ones that you select. As far as the Zune Marketplace is concerned, it is a pay by month thing. You pay I think $14 a month and get to download everything that you want at no extra cost I believe. I dont use it as my fiance has about 500 cds so I have all the music I need.
 
What kind of laptop are you looking for? I have a Dell P3. LMK if your interested.
 
Yes I do love the Zune. But at the end of the day, its a mp3 player that plays movies. I want something that i can take to work, surf the net, run a program or whatever. I guess im just envious of my fiances laptop. I hate that she can take hers into the bedroom and sit there on the bed and surf the net while im stuck in the computer room. Im looking for something like an original zv6000 or zv5000. At least a p4 or athlon64. There were a couple of these before i bought the zune but i didnt jump on them.
 
PorkyBubs said:
I heard u have to buy all the music is that true?
no..any music goes on it and any movies. I have had no conflicts with software or hardware at all. And also, the bundled ear pieces are acually pretty decent. They don't fall out like the ipod ones and sound pretty good. You can hear some bass in them, tho i plan on getting some nice aftermarket ones so i can further enjoy my zune and music :cool:
 
Can u link me to a zune? I wonder if i should sell my ipod video and get a zune? Yay or Nay? I guess i can buy it and return it if u dont like it.
 
PorkyBubs said:
Can u link me to a zune? I wonder if i should sell my ipod video and get a zune? Yay or Nay? I guess i can buy it and return it if u dont like it.
well i can't cause i got mine for xmas i believe it was purchased from Circuitcity, but try Newegg.com
 
There are 3 models right now. Black, Brown, and White. I would highly recomend going from a ipod video to a zune. There is just no comparison. Like Amd said, the earstubs are actually quite good and comfortable with the liner on them that they have.
 
the7ftman said:
There are 3 models right now. Black, Brown, and White. I would highly recomend going from a ipod video to a zune. There is just no comparison. Like Amd said, the earstubs are actually quite good and comfortable with the liner on them that they have.
yes, and i recently just read in a circuitcity panflit that there is a copper modle also.
But i like the black one, which i have the best :)
 
i love my zune, IMHO the ipod earbuds make my ears feel like they are giving birth
 
Cons: None of the following, calender, to do list, games, blowup doll, etc....
Pros: Accesories, screen, sleekness, excelent sound quality of both music and video especialy on the zune earpieces, no scratch finish, fit more songs with wma, better video quality with wmv, and a really cool zune box!
 
How many songs can it hold and movies?
Can u add games? I do ping pong it up with my video. Also i have doom lol
 
PorkyBubs said:
How many songs can it hold and movies?
Can u add games? I do ping pong it up with my video. Also i have doom lol
lol
I have somewhere around 500 songs, and four movies and have 25gigs free space out of 29gigs formatted space
 
My ipod has 5500 songs and 6 videos. Do you think it can about the same? With like 3 gigs left.
 
Like ive been saying, its wmv and wma so it will hold more. Eventualy they will come out with software updates that add games and what not.
 
the7ftman said:
Like ive been saying, its wmv and wma so it will hold more. Eventualy they will come out with software updates that add games and what not.
this is 100% true. I would just get the Zune. There is nothing wrong with it and it is way better than an IPOD Video.
 
just wanted to jump in on the zune talk, since i have one.

There are 3 models for the Zune ---

Black with Blue doubleshot, Brown with Yellow doubleshot, and White.

They only have a 30gb version.
The screen is about 1 inch bigger than the Ipod Videos, however what the Zune does it play video in a sideways format. So it takes it's 3.5" screen and maximizes how much video you can watch by this.

Pros: FM Tuner, Wireless capability, plays 320x240 video files, the way to choose artists, albums etc is way better than an Ipod. What I mean by that is, instead of you scrolling up and down a list, then to the next screen, and so on and so on, the Listing is at the top, if you press left or right, it automatically goes to the next artist or album or song for you to play.

Cons right now: no clock on it, no sleep timer, no create your own playlists on the device (only in software), no way to just drag and drop on computer without Zune software, no podcasting, no book reading, no games.

Now I do want to point out...
The Zune is unlike the Ipod because, if any of these things need to be added to it
they can by a simple firmware update.

The wireless is there, the functionality is there, all of the base things are there for it and can be improved on by just a simple update.

With the Ipod, in order to improve on it, they'll just have you buy a next gen version, because they don't have the firmware support that the zune does.

Would I buy one? Not right now. I own one, and love it dearly.
But just think, Fall 2007, the 2nd gen of Zune will be out, and probably be better for you. Or Apple will come out with a new gen Ipod that has widescreen video.
 
Back
Top