• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FSB limit on E5200, is it real?

needmorecarnitine

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
4,609
I read a while back that some people have pretty low FSB limits on their E5200s, like something in the 300MHz range. Is this pretty common? I'm testing out a motherboard that I got back from RMA and its not getting as high as I would like.
 
oh sorry,

No. I'm using a Gigabyte EP45-DS3L. Its a P45 chipset so it should be able to do at least 400MHz (and Gigabyte claims that also).
 
It's true that a few of them had FSB walls. Make sure something else like your memory settings aren't preventing you though.
 
Many factors come in contact, RAM used, voltage, cooling etc. With crap ram DDR2 667 to be exact you'd only get around 300 FSB, if you had 800 and 1066, you can hit 350+ easily, albeit, more voltage input. I had a similar problem with my current G31M-ES2L, change your System Memory Multiplier (SPD) ratio to 2.66 or 2.0. If this still doesnt work, go advanced settings CTRL+F1, go into Integrated Peripherals and change On-Chip Sata Mode to Enhanced. You should be able to attain 3.8GHZ+ with this, at least thats what I have on my GB mobo at 4.1GHZ with a E5300
 
Sometimes there are holes that don't work, but you can just set it to a FSB above the "hole" and it will work. I ran mine at 300mhz without any issue for 3.75Ghz.
 
thanks for the responses

I'm using DDR-800

I'll mess with it some more and I also have a Q9550 that is confirmed to do over 400MHz FSB so I'll switch that into it later. This board is a RMA and the problem was it rebooted at least once a day. The RMA board seems stable but not sure if it can do 400MHz (prior board couldn't, tried various cpus)
 
Back
Top