FS: Supercomputers and cameras

bwang

[H]ard|Gawd
Divesting myself of my previous round of toys in preparation for a new toy I just bought

SGI Altix UV100:

4-socket system, 32 cores (4x Xeon X7550), 64GB RAM

I also have another chassis that would theoretically scale it to 8 sockets, but I do not have the official cables to connect them. I can throw in some Meritec cables with the correct connectors on them, but no idea whether they will actually work.
Comes with install media for SGI SUSE Linux.

Asking $650 + shipping.

kk4dGhc.jpg

Xeon Phi system

4x Xeon Phi 31S1P, Asus P8Z77-WS motherboard, Antec HCP 1200W power supply.

Just add an Ivy Bridge processor and DDR3 and you're good to go. I put substantial effort into getting this setup to work properly (getting Phi's to turn on in anything reasonable is really hard, it turns out).

Asking $600 + shipping

p0tpNj3.jpg

Basler acA1920-155uc machine vision camera

155FPS 1080p raw-recording camera, 16mm-sized sensor with global shutter. Great image quality, can be used for cinematic uses or machine vision.

Asking $500 (this camera is a current generation camera that costs $1K from Basler).

SkGNDpt.jpg

cn7r7L1.jpg

Mamiya 645AFD digital medium format camera with Leaf Valeo 17 digital back and 80mm lens

The Valeo is a somewhat ancient back that requires a tethered Mac or a Firewire hard drive contraption, but gives incredible image quality, far beyond the resolving power of most DSLR's.

Asking $1000, which I believe is fair considering recent eBay sales.

SOLD on a different forum.

Redlake MotionXtra HG-SE high speed camera

500FPS@1280x1024 into internal RAM. Requires Firewire, but the control software runs on any modern 32-bit OS. This particular unit comes with 1.3GB of internal RAM.

Will include 24mm f/1.4 Rokinon lens and a camera rig contraption I put together to make use more ergonomic.

Asking $1500

Photron Ultima APX

This was the worlds' fastest camera in 2006; 2000FPS at 1024x1024 (with framerate going up to 4000FPS@1024x512 or 6000FPS@512x512) into 8GB of RAM; 17x17mm BSI sensor with a base ISO of 800. I wound up with this guy off a lucky eBay auction with a foggy sensor glass which I was able to remove (so it uses external thread-on IR filters instead) and a strange IP address which I was able to sniff out using Wireshark. Currently modded to have a speedboosted Contax C/Y mount and a Yashica 50mm/1.4 to get that precious last stop of light, but will ship with the stock F-mount as well.
Disclosure: the composite output is dead, so you will need a tethered laptop to run it. Also, image download is balls slow seeing as it happens over 100mb ethernet (you'd think on a $150K camera they would have used gigabit, right?) but that's normal.
Asking $5000. I doubt anyone will bite, but it's a neat piece of gear that I use once a year so might as well put it up for sale.

QIKvcTg.jpg

1V5raBO.jpg

Fad6lAp.jpg

Last edited:
Interested in the SGI. Definitely would like some pics. Where are you shipping from?

[Ion];1042016320 said:
Interested in the SGI. Definitely would like some pics. Where are you shipping from?

Ships from Boston, MA.

Real crap phone picture attached, if you want pictures of the insides of the blades etc I can post those.

8HmqvnJ.jpg

I'll post pics of the other items when I have a better camera on me :p

oh boy, that thing is probably loud as a hell. what a beast though! 4P intel.

ttt, added pics

also went and cleared my inbox recently, so if you were interested in something and I never replied PM me again.

Also added a really expensive thing that no one will want.

Last edited:
what would the Intel phi be used for? mining?

Scientific apps mostly. For example a bunch of MATLAB functions become automatically accelerated when you have Phi's in your system, courtesy of the Intel Math Kernel Library.

Back