FS: PNY 6800gt Cheap! "Excellent Photos"

Status
Not open for further replies.
im paypal verified, this is the beginning of a whole bunch of parts that Im selling, Im parting out my gaming rig. Im only paypal verified, and hope to build credibility threw my up coming part sales.

Currently I am not taking trades. I have more computer hardware than I can use.

Will you ship first? Sorry, but a lot of people won't feel comfortable shipping to someone with little or no Heatware. It's common practice around here for sellers to ship first if they aren't established already.

If you are willing to ship first send me a PM, I am interested in the card.

Unfortunatly I am not willing to ship first. I read in the rules for this forum that shipping first can be very dangerous for the seller. If payment is made via paypal you are entering into a contract with me and are also protected by paypal for up to 1,000. Paypal is the best to protect both of us.

winuxgeek said:
Unfortunatly I am not willing to ship first. I read in the rules for this forum that shipping first can be very dangerous for the seller. If payment is made via paypal you are entering into a contract with me and are also protected by paypal for up to 1,000. Paypal is the best to protect both of us.

Regardless of what they say Paypal is USELESS and their so called "protection" is worthless as I found out. I was ripped off by a verified paypal member and their protection did nothing for me.

If you go to a store, you pay first then take your item. If you want his video card, you pay first. If you are uneasy, then you should research his refrences. If he has few or none or it looks too good to be true, then pass on the deal. Simple as that.

Bump.

bump for a good price. I will buy it if you can convert it to pci-e :p

Id have to disagree with you pawn, I there is much more risk sending the item first. A buyer could totally get taken. You could receive my item and claim that you never got anything or that the agreed selling price was half of what Im looking for. It would only be foolish on my behalf to ship something out with zero proof of what The agreed upon price is. I have also had excellent luck with paypal. I purchased something off ebay that the condition of the item was completly different from how it was described in the auction. I paid Buyer sent the item. And the item was complete garbage. I had a refund via paypal within less than 24 hours, and I shipped the item back to the seller after receiving the refund..

winuxgeek said:
Id have to disagree with you pawn, I there is much more risk sending the item first. A buyer could totally get taken. You could receive my item and claim that you never got anything or that the agreed selling price was half of what Im looking for. It would only be foolish on my behalf to ship something out with zero proof of what The agreed upon price is. I have also had excellent luck with paypal. I purchased something off ebay that the condition of the item was completly different from how it was described in the auction. I paid Buyer sent the item. And the item was complete garbage. I had a refund via paypal within less than 24 hours, and I shipped the item back to the seller after receiving the refund..

paypal isn't as handy when it comes to private sales like it is with ebay... gotta remember Ebay bought paypal.

another free bump..

It's a matter of developing trust.. I had to ship first too during my first couple transactions back in September.. now I have 32 heatware and finally developed that trust from fellow [H] members. There has been too many instances of trollers here with no feedback trading items, that's why others are worried. You may be a very trustworthy guy, but online none of that matters. It's all about refs. I'm sure you'll sell this sucker in no time though.. good luck ;)

StinkyMojo said:
another free bump..

It's a matter of developing trust.. I had to ship first too during my first couple transactions back in September.. now I have 32 heatware and finally developed that trust from fellow [H] members. There has been too many instances of trollers here with no feedback trading items, that's why others are worried. You may be a very trustworthy guy, but online none of that matters. It's all about refs. I'm sure you'll sell this sucker in no time though.. good luck ;)

true.. the first few are iffy, i'd do smaller transactions to get some trust down before trying to drop a 6800GT on here. i got trolled on one of my first transactions on here, i shipped first, and i understand why winux doesn't want to. I wouldn't want to ship a valuable card first, having to trust somebody you don't know.

PawNtheSandman said:
Regardless of what they say Paypal is USELESS and their so called "protection" is worthless as I found out. I was ripped off by a verified paypal member and their protection did nothing for me.
Hmm, PayPal's never had a problem freezing funds when I had a problem with a seller, interestingly, and I ended up getting all my money back. Interesting how you call it "USELESS."

I'm glad you read the rules. However, buying from someone with little, or absolutely no heatware is A LOT riskier then shipping to someone with established positive heatware. As for Paypal, I do not put a lot of trust into any of their "buyer protection" policies, as they can be extremely slow when it comes to resolving anything.

My 2 cents. Good luck on the [H]

Morning bump, There is no sense beating a dead horse about the whole heatware thing. I do agree that heatware is a good thing but this is my first sale and will establish myself on the boards, and regardless of what anyone says shipping first is just plane dumb. Paypal is a contract wether they will help you or not it will prove that you made a purchase with someone. You can also place notes withing the payment stating what you agreed upon. Just my two sense for the morning.

winuxgeek said:
Morning bump, There is no sense beating a dead horse about the whole heatware thing. I do agree that heatware is a good thing but this is my first sale and will establish myself on the boards, and regardless of what anyone says shipping first is just plane dumb. Paypal is a contract wether they will help you or not it will prove that you made a purchase with someone. You can also place notes withing the payment stating what you agreed upon. Just my two sense for the morning.

Shipping first isnt dumb, just pick who you ship first too carefully.

winuxgeek said:

I'm with you on this one- while it might be great to have heatware, you've done a good job representing the item. I see the point of view of other posters in this thread, but I think you've been "good faith" so far. The only other thing you could do is PM home address and phone # to SERIOUS buyers. I'd buy it if it were PCI-E.

winuxgeek said:
and regardless of what anyone says shipping first is just plane dumb.

Too bad you have a bad attitude about all this. You won't get very far on this forum, or other trading forums with that.

Sending almost $300 to someone with absolutely no heatware/references is absolutely stupid. Expecting someone to do such is even more stupid. Shipping first to a member with positive heatware at least offers some degree of certainty on how the deal will go, more so then your "trust paypal!" speech. Shipping first to establish yourself is pretty much the standard operation around here. I did it, and so did many others. You just need to verify their heatware, get their personal information etc.

Thug Esquire said:
Hmm, PayPal's never had a problem freezing funds when I had a problem with a seller, interestingly, and I ended up getting all my money back. Interesting how you call it "USELESS."

Freezing an account is useless when it was already cleared out, and the nice foreign man who spoke little english, knew enough english to tell me they couldn't bill the credit card he used to open the account. So unless this scammer magically adds more money to the account or uses the same stolen account for another scam, I am never getting my money back.

kpedge said:
I'm with you on this one- while it might be great to have heatware, you've done a good job representing the item. I see the point of view of other posters in this thread, but I think you've been "good faith" so far. The only other thing you could do is PM home address and phone # to SERIOUS buyers. I'd buy it if it were PCI-E.

I couldn't agree more.

I've probably sold at least 6-10k worth of stuff in the past couple of years.

On big ticket items, I always exchange HOME phone numbers and talk to the buyer; answering any questions.

Nice setup though with the pictures, for a noob seller you did a great job of representing yourself.

lol, I hate to break up this discussion, but please lets let this whole ship first thing go, If your intrested in the item contact me by email or send me a pm, otherwise if you have no intrest or dont have anything supportive to say then please just dont post.

Thanks, Andrew

I might just ship first but you would need excellent refs, shoot me a pm or an email

Morning bump/Update. I was really hesitant to ship first but after thinking about it I would be willing to do It if you have the proper references. I would also require the person to give me their home phone number, email address "Non free address IE: AOL, Comcast" And I would also require that you are paypal verified.

winuxgeek said:
Morning bump/Update. I was really hesitant to ship first but after thinking about it I would be willing to do It if you have the proper references. I would also require the person to give me their home phone number, email address "Non free address IE: AOL, Comcast" And I would also require that you are paypal verified.

I don't think anyone should object to that. I require that for all my transactions, no matter the size (not that ive done a ton, but still).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back