FS [GPUS] + other things eventually

Need some money, so selling some stuff. Going through some personal stuff, so communication with me will probably be somewhat slow, I apologize for that ahead of time. That said, I will do my best to respond to PMs in a timely manner, and I will ship items the day after you pay for them (Provided that it is a weekday).

For Sale:

[GPUS]

2x RX 480 8gb - $180 (Sold)

1x Asus RX 470 4gb - $150 (Sold)

1x AMD Firepro S9150 - $210 obo

1x R9 270x - $100 obo

eVGA GTX 1070 - $300 (Sold)

Asus Strix GTX 1070 - $330
- I'll update with the actual model later. Second owner, cards been mined on (When i say mined, i mean it was folding for folding coin and cure coin).

PD91Jfu.jpg
e7M72hR.jpg

r9IgZmF.jpg
8putz6b.jpg

[Motherboards and CPUs]

Asrock B150M Pro 4 + either a Celeron or a Pentium chip - $80
- I'm not sure what CPU is in the board, I'll find out later.

Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI + either a Celeron or a Pentium chip - $80
- I'm not sure what CPU is in the board, I'll find out later.

Heat is tacohunter52

Prices dont include shipping

Attachments

• yVxhlbm.jpg
    yVxhlbm.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 692
  • BBc9jVc.jpg
    BBc9jVc.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 625
  • dsEGdgt.jpg
    dsEGdgt.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 588
  • DfAvif0.jpg
    DfAvif0.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 127
  • BySOX7P.jpg
    BySOX7P.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 123
  • RMMGlVC.jpg
    RMMGlVC.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Added more info. Will add more as I have time, going through some personal stuff right now, so I'll only be checking this website once or twice a day.

how bad is the bend in that? Pictures?

EVGA might cover it under warranty.

Bump,

The Bent card is no longer pending. I added a few pictures (will add more today probably) also added more components. I have a lot more stuff to add still, just being slow about going through it.

I've seen many people listing cards as "been mined on". Is this to say they've been run hard and are more worn out? Just wanting to understand the significance, never got into the mining.

I've seen many people listing cards as "been mined on". Is this to say they've been run hard and are more worn out? Just wanting to understand the significance, never got into the mining.

It honestly depends on the person and your own opinion of mining. Mining does definitely stress the hardware. But I still have cards from like 4 or 5 years ago that were mined on for way longer than any of these and still work fine. I personally feel like i treat my cards pretty good. They were run in an AC environment with a bunch of fans moving air over them.

Some people feel like mining is equivelent to dipping your hardware in a swimming pool and don't ever want to buy anything from filthy miners.., so basically I'm letting those people know that, "hey, yeah i did mine on these"

I never actually really mined on the Nvidia cards. Those were just folding 24/7, and for some reason DC isn't frowned upon as much. They were earning cure and fldc though, so i'm calling it what it is.

Honestly I probably should have been more descriptive and said something like:

RX 470 - has been mined on (cryptonight and daggerhashimoto) for probably around 12 months. Fans 100%, kept in AC'd room, no BIOS mods, no Overclock. Fans still work fine, doesnt make any strange noises.

RX 480s - have been mined on (cryptonight and daggerhashimoto) for probably 5-6 months. Fans 100%, kept in AC'd room, no BIOS mods, no Overclocks, fans still work fine, doesnt make any strange noises.

S9150 - I havent really even used this for anything. Powered it on for like 30 seconds to make sure it works, that's it. Yes, it's passive, so you'll need a cooling solution

R9 270x - very light use. Never mined on.

Strix 1070 - Mined on (Folding@Home) for maybe 3 or 4 months total. No Overclocks, fans 100%. Everything still works great.

Bent 1070 - Just sold, but mined on (Folding@Home) for maybe 4 or 5 months. No overclocks, fans 100%. Works fine, but has a bend in it.

Bent card has now sold

FWIW, I had a pair of reference R9 290Xs that I had mining at stock settings (I know, I know) around 94c for basically 24/7 for 2 years straight, and they're still running like champs. The manufacturers design this stuff to be able to run continuously, and I think the margin between 'cards that are imperfect but don't overtly fail if used lightly' and 'cards that are imperfect and only fail if put under a continuous load that they're SUPPOSED to be able to handle' is a pretty slim one. I suspect the cards that fail when mining are the ones that were probably going to fail in a gaming rig anyway.

I guess the argument that some people make is that the hardware ISN'T designed to handle continuous load, but I don't think that's true, and there's a lot of evidence to the contrary.

Back