1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

This is a completely custom made computer that has been assembled inside of a CritterTrail gerbil cage. The cage was cut, sanded, and painted to exact specifications for the computer, and 40+ hours have been put into its perfection.

Built in January 2007, It has an MSI 939 ATX AMD Motherboard, AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz socket 939 CPU, VGA Sapphire 256MB X550 Radeon PCI-E Video Card, Ultra V Series 500W Power Supply, 2GB of WINTEC AMPO 1GB DDR 400 (PC 3200), a Maxtor 320GB IDE Hard Drive, a 3.5" SD/XD/CF/MMC/Pro-duo card reader, and a Mad Dog DVD/CD combo drive (CDR/RW + DVDR/RW).

Now on to the extras! This bad boy comes with four 80mm UV reactive green/blue case fans, Heat sinks for the RAM (ramsinks), a 12" dual UV cold cathode light, and 12" blue cold cathode, 24" UV Green Round IDE cable, a modified five orange LED light array to display HD usage, as well as a blue lit power button (blue dome on front). Even the processor fan, as well as the gerbil cage itself has been sprayed with a clear UV blue and green reactive spraypaint! The blue cold cathode on the bottom radiates light and will light up an entire room from darkness. The UV fans on the lid even light up any UV reactive items that are within 15 feet!

Nothing in this case is usual, and it's never been done before! The cooling is amazing for this computer, since the sides are completely open for air flow, and two fans push the air straight across the PC. The two fans in the lid act as blowhole fans and suck out any heat that may rise in the case. This computer has Windows XP Professional installed on it and comes with all driver CDs.

The computer is actually pretty easy to open up. As you can see in the picture the computer is set up into three seperate sections that each are seperate from each other.

The first part is the green underbody that has the motherboard which is bolted down to the case to improve the stability, then all of the pci-e and pci cards are attached upright on motherboard.

The second part which is the middle, consists of the yellow wire cage that fits between the top and bottom, this has the hard drive mounted directly to the side of it laying in an upright position that screwed in with rubber grommet so that there is no rattling or any noice when the hard drive spins. On the other side there is mounted two 80mm uv reactive led fans, and also hand door in which it is possible to access the ram and cpu portion of the motherboard which can be used to change them. Connecting the two sides is the yellow wire cage that was custom bent to fit a 3.5" and 5.25" drive bay, which there is a card reader and a dvd burner.

The Third part of the pc is the top that consists of the power supply that is mounted to the roof with yellow painted wire cage that is secured in the feeding portion of the gerbil cage, also on the top there is the two 80mm uv reactive led fans that simply screw on.

I'm asking $800 OBO

-------------------------
Jason Dumbaugh
www.techwarelabs.com
Modder/Reviewer

Coolest

Fucking

PC

EVER.

How come you never submitted that to [H]? Jeez that is amazing.

Should submit it to Maximum PC's rig of the month. You could win a cool $500!:eek:

Thanks guys, it took lots of time and love. I will try to submit it to Maximum PC, but I think I tried that once. If I win I could lower the price to $300!.....lol.

If you lowered it to 300, I would buy it. Well, if a gerbil could really live inside it anyway. :p

haha I assume one could live in it, though it would have a cramped lifestyle and poop all over the mobo, yummm

omg! Did you steal my hamsters cage?!! lol

I used to have a hamster with that exact same cage. I never would have thought that it could double as a rig wow!

gerbilPC coming to a Petsmart near you!

thanks, I was thinking of trying to sell if to a pet store, but that's pretty much like a door salesman, and I think that's illegal....

funky and awesome looking!!! should paint the drives too to match it too!

i am going to second this. painting those drives neon blue and yellow would really add a finishing touch to the project IMHO. but awesome job and a bump for the cause.

Bump for The PREMIER rodent cage PC!

This could be a potential PC boutique opportunity.

Maybe a water cooled SFF terrarium next? :D

You mean make the front drive neon? I was thinking of getting a clear neon PSU too, but I'm done putting money into this beast. Everyone loves it, but nobody wants it.

I sent the Spiderman 3 case I did in, and it's in the runnings for September's magazine. I thought I sent this one in, but i'm not sure, so i'm submitting it in a month or so

Your right, it's an awesome design, but it's something that fits your personality. This is something that I would admire for its design, but it's not something I would make for myself. That however is a work of art and major props for it, and I hope you find a buyer :)

thank you, I have a potential buyer, but it's not looking too promising. I'm hoping to sell it so I can continue paying for case mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back