FS/FT: Yoga 2 Pro 13.3 w. I7, Xonar D2, need HDDs.

lopoetve

Extremely [H]
Heatware under Lopoetve

For Sale:

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, 13.3", Model 20266. $300 + 1/2 shipping

Was my Wife's laptop, some cosmetic scratches on the top of the case, but otherwise in good condition. Battery still holds a very good charge, everything functions. Tablet / Laptop / whatever-that-weird-tent-mode-is. She switched over to a full on laptop instead of this, as she wanted more screen real estate to work with for her cooking/etc.

I7-4500U (1.8/2.4)
8G DDR3
256G SSD
QHD Screen (99% sure - reimaged before I checked).
youtside.jpg

yopen.jpg

yon.jpg

ydetails.jpg

drive.jpg

Asking 300 + 1/2 shipping, possibly negotiable.

Asus Xonar D2/PM- PCI version. $30. Was a GREAT card, but PCI... :(

Prices are negotiable to a point

Sold: BNIB UniFi Long Range AP. Bought it as my house has cinder + metal walls, ended up just rearranging things and (now) going to go to Plume instead. BNIB, don't know the version, but it lists 300Mbps, 2.4ghz.

Sold: Sandy Bridge 2600K processor - $65
Sold: G.Skill RipJaws F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL (4x4G). Fancy red heat spreader and all. $55 shipped.
Sold: MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) - $50
Sold: Corsair AIO Cooler. No idea what version that thing is - it was long ago. $20, or I'll toss it in for free with the mobo+cpu. ~shrug~
Sold: EVGA GTX 780 SC. Never Overclocked. Was in use from 2013 fall to last december (3 years).

FOUND: Dual 1366 board. Thanks myktek!

Found:
Server class 2011 Motherboard - Supermicro, Tyan, etc. MATX preferred, with DDR4 for the current V4/V5 processors. Must have dual 1GBE at least, take ECC RAM, and IPMI is strongly preferred.

Found: E5 CPUs: At least Haswell generation, prefer pretty current, 4/6/8/10C.

Found: 3x 256G SSDs, SATA or SAS

Found: PCIE SAS RAID card (1-2 SAS ports). Turns out my enclosure is shot, so I need a second card (enclosures/expanders are expensive).

Need:
2.5" 1TB HDDs (7200RPM) - As many as possible. Seriously, like, I need a ton of the things. 7/9/12.5mm all fine, but I can't use the 15mm ones.

Last edited:
Hmm. Interesting part. Can't tell from the pics- they only mention rack servers, any way to mount that in a tower?

I might be able to part with an evga sr-2 if that's what your looking for.

Huh. That's an interesting possibility. Marvell chips would take a separate driver but that's easy enough... No IPMI, but I've got one last KVM port...

What would you want for it?

Also, do you know if it takes registered memory?

edit: Yep, registered and low-power too. Double-huh.

Ive had it in a tower, but then the 2U right angle riser doesnt line up with the tower IO slots

Ive had it in a tower, but then the 2U right angle riser doesnt line up with the tower IO slots

How far off were they? Something that you could trim off the tower chassis and make work? What do you think you'd want for it?

no, the riser is for a 2U chassis, so in the tower its 90 degrees off, id probably take $25 plus shipping for it and the 12x 2gb in it, coolers, cpu and all

I have an used supermicro x8dtl-i if your interested, but I don't have the I/O plate, lmk if your interested.

I have an used supermicro x8dtl-i if your interested, but I don't have the I/O plate, lmk if your interested.

YGPM. That's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. Works fine I assume?

I have an AsRock Micro-atx Server board EPC612D4U (it's a little beast and meets all your requirements and then some. Like onboard hadware RAID):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157624

I also have processors and low profile Crucial ECC DDR4 as well to go with it. As well I have your 2.5 drives :) (3 x I think all BNIB)

PM me if your interested.

Last edited:
Oh man, I'll tell ya lopoetve , cybrnook is an awesome guy to deal with man!!! I've been dealing with him for close to 10 years and will repeat again and again.

Just can't go wrong for quality hardware, awesome communications, and fast shipping!

I got 1 x 256GB 850 Pro if you're interested. (I know you need 3x drives, not sure if your trying to match or not) - slightly used

Kaboom. Thanks for all the PMs - I've got the three SSDs now (and a spare!), and they even match. Lots of folks with 850 Pros around :)

Still need the 2.5" drives.

I have six of these in a RAID 6 set: https://www.amazon.com/HGST-Travels...TF8&qid=1484597070&sr=8-1&keywords=travelstar

I'm not offering to sell, but rather recommending for you to buy. They're inexpensive, fast for laptop drives, and don't have issues with RAID. New drives have warranties.

The set of 6 that I have sustains >300MB/s with RAID 6 functionality on a Dell H830 controller. So, performance is pretty good. Plus, $63 each makes it cheap to expand month to month, which is how I got to 6.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's my backup plan. I need 15 of the things, currently have 4. Figured I'd see if anyone had spares lying around they wanted to get rid of first :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RL8I7M/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$95 from Amazon

Same ones I run in my unraid server, flashed to IT mode with latest firmware/BIOS.

I have a couple extra, but I think I paid a bit more than a bill for mine, so I don't think I could sell one for less than what Amazon has it for.

If it helps, here is a cheat sheet I made when updating my controller cards over IPMI (same ones I just listed):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t5vklo351kcjx93/Flashing IT mode LSI-9211-8i cards.docx?dl=0

Shows 2 x ways, first half is me erasing, and then flashing just card 2.

Then the second half I am using the "all" commands to update the BIOS for all first, then fw for all.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
To the top. Most of the Sandy Bridge is gone, added dual port nics. Added WTB: Haswell Xeon. Maybe. Got 64G of DDR3 I'm trying to use up.

Ugh. Give me a sec. there's one on the top that is pretty minor but noticable. Inside is clean. Underneath is clean.

Ok. Images work now. You can see the one scratch on the first image. Stupid credit card expired; my domain registration lapsed briefly.

Back