FS: 2P Quad HTPC

R-Type

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2011
So I got bored the other day and started cramming my large hardware into places it barely fit...

And then I built this system.

For sale is a dual 32nm quad Xeon rig that folds all-core-turbo at 2.93ghz. The CEB form factor Tyan S7002G2NR-LE is shoehorned into an Antec Sonata III with 12gb ddr3, a 64gb Kingston V+100 SSD, two Cogage True Spirits, a passively cooled and overclocked DDR5 GT 240, and an Antec Neo 620C

The case is rounded out with all newer fans (~2 months use), a new 24x dvd burner, and an all in one front memory card reader.

Folding power consumption is around 250w. All fans run below 1600rpm and max IBT cpu temp is 47C... you could make this silent with a fan controller. I have Windows installed for testing but ideally a native linux XMBC install would provide you full HTPC functionality combined with Linux folding prowess.

Asking $600 shipped to established folders. sold
PM me if you want details on the CPU's

Heat is under R-Type and I prefer Amazon Payments but can take Paypal.

Note a temporary power supply is installed in the pictures, rest assured the 620C is in there now.
GEO0f.jpg

gy3lE.jpg

OGXfa.jpg

XgEde.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent price and seller.
Someone buy this before I do.

PLEASE!

Price lowered, I want this thing out of here.

So I got bored the other day and started cramming my large hardware into places it barely fit...

And then I built this system. ;)
I see what you did there. I can't believe you got that mobo to fit in a Sonata.

Color me interested.

Awesome build. If I didn't have so many boxes sitting around I would be in :-/ Somebody get this thing!

System may be going to a family member as a borg, pending.

Last edited:
I might have a buddy interested in it for $600. Gotta wait for him to get back to me...

EDIT: Nevermind for now. Hot system though, great price. Hope it goes to a good home.

EDIT 2: Got more interest in it, YGPM

Last edited:
I am pretty interested. How established do I need to be?

Box is pending to jebo, others who have PM'd me will be contacted in order of pm receipt if a buyer(s) changes his mind.

Thanks for the interest guys.

Box sold.

Stay thirsty my friends.

Back