Frys.com Hard Drive Deals

YoNeX

Gawd
You might get lucky and get the 7200.10 (Perpendicular) drives.

Seagate 400GB 16MB Cache Serial ATA II $80 Shipped [Link]

Seagate 500GB 16MB Cache Parallel ATA $90 Shipped [Link]

Hopefully, they'll have an similar instore deal so I can use my instore credit towards a new hard drive.

Couldn't find the ST3400633AS model on the Seagate's site right away, then went to product registration, and it turned out to be 7200.9

Edit: correction on that, it seems the people over at the anandtech forums have been getting 7200.10

I don't know anything about hardrives.

How does this make it better

"
You might get lucky and get the 7200.10 (Perpendicular) drives."

Last time I ordered these from Fry's I got 7200.10's FWIW.

Bah, damn. I bought the 400GB last night thinking it was a pretty good deal, 20 cents a gig. Didn't even see the 500GB one. Oh well. I hope I get a .10 :D

Dang nice prices. I think I bought my 500gb one from Fry's like 3 months ago for like $110 and that was a smoking deal then.

And I received a 7200.10 from the website. I was so happy when I opened my package :D

When I clicked on the link at the time of my last post, it came up as $149.99. Now it does not come up at all?

I'm guessing you're talking about the 400GB for $80 not a 80GB drive. It looks like it's sold out. That's what Outpost does when something like this sells out they just redirect to the main page.

Is it true the 500 GB are a little bit on the noisy side? This is the only thing that stopped me from buying them.

Well, I wish I could tell you, but apart from turning them on for a second to test my RAID card, I haven't been able to really use them as I still haven't received the RAM for my server. They didn't seem that bad though...but that might be due to the sound insulation present in my case.

Damn good price, but I don't have any more room in the hard disk rack in the case...looks like this one's going on the floor (of the case that is) :p

Is it true the 500 GB are a little bit on the noisy side? This is the only thing that stopped me from buying them.

I don't find mine noisy. I remember I read a couple people hearing a humming or buzzing coming from their 500GB 7200.10's but I've never heard it. Maybe it was a select few? Or maybe I'm just lucky :D

I have 7200.10 seagates and they aren't loud. At least not any louder than any other HDD I've used.

Deal is going on for the 500GB Maxtor drives now. Many people have reportedly gotten rebadged 7200.10 Seagate drives from 'em. I didn't get so lucky the first time around, but I just ordered another drive. We'll see how it goees. . .

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4551377

Um, those two links go to exactly the same page. What difference does it make?

Just got my PATA 500gb drive in, not gonna be able to hook it up until tomorrow, but for anyone that's interested, I did get a 7200.10.

Back