Frostpunk

Blade-Runner

Supreme [H]ardness

http://www.frostpunkgame.com/

What society is capable of when pushed to the limits?
In a completely frozen world, people develop steam-powered technology to oppose the overwhelming cold. Society in its current form becomes ineffective and it has to change in order to survive.

What does this change mean? What is culture when morality stands in the way of existence? Think about how survival may, in the end, leave us different beings. Whether worse, better, stronger, weaker or, last but not least, more or less humane – that is debatable.

Frostpunk – developed by the creators of This War of Mine.

More info soon. Coming in 2017.

11 Bit Studios made This War of Mine so I wonder if they will escape the 2-D mold or 3-D isometric.

I'm going to go ahead and bump this thread so it hopefully becomes the main discussion etc.

Bought the game last night but haven't had a chance to play, yet....

Reviews thus far have been outstanding!

Definitely needs a sandbox mode. The story + 2 extra missions are pretty short.

Necrobump. The Last Autumn DLC just released and I've spent some time playing. It's fantastic, they've added so much to the game and I'm really enjoying it. Anyone who likes Frostpunk should check it out, I think the DLC is on sale on Steam right now.

I have beat the game. Is it worth coming back for this, or wait till the final DLC is released for more content? Loved Frostpunk, just wished it was longer...

I think it's worth checking out. They added a ton of new mechanics and buildings to last autumn, survival from winter is not your primary objective in LA for example.

I'll probably wait to pick it up on a sale. Good to know it's decent though. I really wish they had a longer campaign...

I'll probably wait to pick it up on a sale. Good to know it's decent though. I really wish they had a longer campaign...
Microsoft gamepass has it. I have been going month to month on $1/month promos for the past 8 months.

Frostpunk is cool. it has a great atmosphere, but mechanics quickly drag it down, and it turns into a game of waiting for your research to finish. Moe levels of zoom would help, and more variety of buildings...When you first start to play, you really care about your citizens, but after a few hours, and no ability to get in close, they become just a number. They have names, and relationships, homes and jobs....but you never really given any mechanics to invest yourself in it. I played it for 3 nights and haven't touched it since.

Microsoft gamepass has it. I have been going month to month on $1/month promos for the past 8 months.

Frostpunk is cool. it has a great atmosphere, but mechanics quickly drag it down, and it turns into a game of waiting for your research to finish. Moe levels of zoom would help, and more variety of buildings...When you first start to play, you really care about your citizens, but after a few hours, and no ability to get in close, they become just a number. They have names, and relationships, homes and jobs....but you never really given any mechanics to invest yourself in it. I played it for 3 nights and haven't touched it since.

Don't care about the peasants, you will have a better time.

I enjoy this game more than I thought I would. I only gave it a shot because This War of Mine was so low-key good. I now have 130 hours into it, and have played each scenario through multiple times. Haven't gotten the new expansion yet, but I will.

I'm curious what their next game will be like. This war of mine and frostpunk are both excellent games.

Whoa~ Thank you, I remember seeing this in development and had not realized that it was released.

Excellent game. My biggest compliant has always been I want more, of everything. More laws, more buildings, more lore, more scenarios etc.
Difficulty could use some tuning. I felt a lot of the difficulty levels went from easy to instant death with no in between.
I would like to play an Endless game were it started out easy and the challenge got more difficult as time went on.
Going to start the expansion tonight, hope it isn't the last one.

Excellent game. My biggest compliant has always been I want more, of everything. More laws, more buildings, more lore, more scenarios etc.
Difficulty could use some tuning. I felt a lot of the difficulty levels went from easy to instant death with no in between.
I would like to play an Endless game were it started out easy and the challenge got more difficult as time went on.
Going to start the expansion tonight, hope it isn't the last one.
The main game is very shallow, and the most influential part of the game, the exploration, is basically just an RNG minigame.

Back