• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Frostpunk 2

BeavermanA

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Apr 27, 2006
Messages
3,317




Jakub Stokalski, Frostpunk 2 Co-Director, had this to say about the grand vision of the game:

“What we aim to deliver to players is an experience that goes vastly beyond that of the original Frostpunk. With a still-growing team of nearly 70 people, we have more manpower available to focus on all aspects of the game from the scale, the production value, and the quality of UX, but our ambition is to do more than a straight-up sequel. What players should expect is a wide universe of choices, the freedom to shape the society and the city however they see fit - and reap the consequences. Frostpunk 2 builds on the conflicts of its predecessor - survival vs human values, life vs the arctic frost. But most importantly, it adds a new layer that is present in many aspects of the game - be it politics, society or technological progress - the conflict between humans and their nature".


Just recently finished the first one and the DLC. Looking forward to the sequel and what improvements they can bring.
 
Awesome! I have been getting through the first one, really enjoying it, change of pace from all the other me-too strategy games.
 
Might have to reinstall the first one and play it again. Always liked the setting and thought it was well thought out.
 
I liked the first one but felt they could have done a lot more with it. More scenarios, more paths, a new map to combine all the DLC additions etc.
I wish the endurance games would ramp up their difficulty over time. Bascially I want more of everything, so I'll be keeping an eye on this.
 
Beta Access Period: April 15- 22

https://twitter.com/frostpunkgame/status/1776248435194163711

Frostpunk 2.png
 
Very cool game so far. Really enjoying how they've made the gameplay substantially different from the first game, so it doesn't just feel like the same game as before.
 
Very cool game so far. Really enjoying how they've made the gameplay substantially different from the first game, so it doesn't just feel like the same game as before.
Cool to hear. I loved the first one. I will wait till release...I have a long backlog of games I need to finish...heck even start a handful of them.
 
Very cool game so far. Really enjoying how they've made the gameplay substantially different from the first game, so it doesn't just feel like the same game as before.
In what way exactly? I loved the first game, so if this is substantially different it makes me a bit nervous. You know, like when they do a re-make of a film you love.
 
In what way exactly? I loved the first game, so if this is substantially different it makes me a bit nervous. You know, like when they do a re-make of a film you love.
You aren't controlling/managing a single city and micomanaging specific buildings. You're making decisions at a higher level now and making building decisions at a higher level. Similar to zoning like in Simcity. Decisions and politics play a much larger role this time around, and it's not as easy juggling the different factions. The base campaign is much longer compared to the first game as well, and decisions in the earlier scenarios are a big deal in the later scenarios part of that same campaign. The first game just had single scenarios you basically played out to completion.

What they've done works, and I wouldn't want a second game of more of the same. The first game and the DLC's are so good that it would have been pointless to make the same thing.
 
Last edited:
You aren't controlling/managing a single city and micomanaging specific buildings. You're making decisions at a higher level now and making building decisions at a higher level. Similar to zoning like in Simcity. Decisions and politics play a much larger role this time around, and it's not as easy juggling the different factions. The base campaign is much longer compared to the first game as well, and decisions in the earlier scenarios are a big deal in the later scenarios part of that same campaign. The first game just had single scenarios you basically played out to completion.

What they've done works, and I wouldn't want a second game of more of the same. The first game and the DLC's are so good that it would have been pointless to make the same thing.
Well said.
 

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWtZ5jj8OIs&ab_channel=gameranx

Basically echoes what Mchart said above.

I've only got passed the Prologue and am starting the first proper mission... and I'm getting my ass kicked already. They really managed to expand on the ideas from the first game, got the feedback, realized what works and what doesn't, and made all the things better somehow. Hard to make a definitive statement after only having played this game for a couple of hours, but I can't say anything negative about the game just yet. Music is great and the game looks gorgeous.
 
You aren't controlling/managing a single city and micomanaging specific buildings. You're making decisions at a higher level now and making building decisions at a higher level. Similar to zoning like in Simcity. Decisions and politics play a much larger role this time around, and it's not as easy juggling the different factions. The base campaign is much longer compared to the first game as well, and decisions in the earlier scenarios are a big deal in the later scenarios part of that same campaign. The first game just had single scenarios you basically played out to completion.

What they've done works, and I wouldn't want a second game of more of the same. The first game and the DLC's are so good that it would have been pointless to make the same thing.
Thanks. I may be in the minority here, but when a great game gets a follow up I'd like it to be close to the first one in gameplay, plus improvements and better graphics, but basically "more of the same" without changing the recipe too much.
One of the things I liked with Frostpunk was that you had a small city to take care of, it made everything feel like a handful of humans battling for survival against the odds. And I liked the micromanagement part of it, so changing it into a "MAKE IT SO" game with more politics would make the game into something else.

I've seen plenty of games ruined by changing too much. Company Of Heroes and Dragon Age: Origins were both much worse off after they changed important parts of the experience in the follow ups IMO. I mean, Terminator 2 as a romantic comedy would not have been a good idea.

But I'm still looking forward to it, and happy that you seem to love the changes, just a bit wary that they may have changed what made Frostpunk a great game to me.
 
Is frame generation working for anyone? It makes literally zero difference in my frame rate right after loading into the prologue. Tried restarting the game, made no difference. Tried installing the latest Nvidia drivers and all that did was drop my frame rate from 72 fps to 68 fps.

I'm playing the Game Pass version for reference.
 
Last edited:
Is frame generation working for anyone? It makes literally zero difference in my frame rate right after loading into the prologue. Tried restarting the game, made no difference. Tried installing the latest Nvidia drivers and all that did was drop my frame rate from 72 fps to 68 fps.

I'm playing the Game Pass version for reference.
Works on steam version for me.
 
Back
Top