Front Panel USB 3.0

DemoN

n00b
Hoping someone can help with an idea. I have an ASUS P8P67WS Revolution mobo with USB 3 support. It does not have an option to support front panel 3.0 ports. I am purchasing a Lian Li PC-V2120X with usb 3 on the front. Any way to connect the ports to the back port on the board I/O panel like a hub? I assume I can start splicing wires, but I don't want to hack anything up if I don't have to. Don't think anyone makes a cable with a front panel header port on it and a regular male usb 3 on the other end...

In case it helps:

Case

Motherboard

Lian Li makes an accessory that is exactly what you are looking for. Offhand, I don't have a link but it was ridiculously expensive for what it is.
Just use the optional USB3 slot that came with the MB. Remove the slot plate and the rest will fit inside the case. Mine fit behind the MB tray on a 650D.

edit - I found the lian li product.

Lian Li makes an accessory that is exactly what you are looking for. Offhand, I don't have a link but it was ridiculously expensive for what it is.
Just use the optional USB3 slot that came with the MB. Remove the slot plate and the rest will fit inside the case. Mine fit behind the MB tray on a 650D.

edit - I found the lian li product.

I don't believe the motherboard has an internal USB 3.0 header.

I don't believe the motherboard has an internal USB 3.0 header.

It has 2 internal USB 3.0 headers, one at the board edge and another mid-board designed for front panel USB.

WS%20Revo.JPG

I stand corrected and you are absolutely correct. Those internal headers are USB2.0. They are also not 20 pin, so the Lian Li adapter I mentioned won't work either.

from the discription:

This simple accessory plugs in to your motherboard's internal USB 3.0 port and gives you two standard A female USB 3.0 connections.

he needs to turn one of his external USB 3.0 into an internal header that would normally be on the motherboard, since his does not have one.

I found someone online that said he just cut a 3.0 cable and spliced it in to work.

Thanks for the replys! Been a while since I've actually needed to post on the forum. Most of the answers have been right in front of me. Love this community! Think I may just go with the add on card that plugwash mentioned. The other adapters shown have the wrong gender end to splice. I would need something with the same connection a mobo would have (male pins - female connector). I would rather not have to hack up the case wiring if I can help it. Thanks again. :cool:

Back