• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

from internal sound card to...?

Riddleofsteel

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2007
Messages
1,983
I have an Auzentech Forte right now, I hate the drivers and how they don't work quite right on my system. I was thinking of getting an Audio-Gd Sparrow and using it with my headphones. Has anyone here tried going from a pci-e sound card to an external dac/amp? If so, how did it sound to you? I'm sure it's great for music, but what about gaming? I would most likely be using usb from my pc to the sparrow, then plug my headphones (Denon D2000) into the sparrow. One other catch is, how can I put on sound for when I have guests over? Maybe I could keep my Forte for speaker use. Thanks for any help.
 
I am also looking to go external USB sound as inside the case there is tons of noise, even with my Shielded Xonar Essence.

I just use stereo sound so I don't think this should be much of an issue.
 
Man you must have some serious problems if you have noise when using a Xonar essence....
 
Unfortunately in my case I have the Xonar Essence sandwiched in with two 6970's and its picking up some noise.
 
Using a Xonar DX at the moment. I just purchased a Musiland 02 US DAC/amp but it wont get here till another 2 weeks or so. Pretty sure there will a significant quality in sound for music. Not sure about gaming though.
 
Sounds like you made a good purchase. I've had the musiland for a while now and couldn't be happier with my purchase. However I do not use the built in headphone out, it can't stack up to the headphone out on my nak.
 
Back
Top