From china forum.. kepler is Fast....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I'm sorry.. but Kyle isn't THE source for video card performance data.

I'll make my own judgments when the NDA is lifted, as should you.

Yeah I'll rather believe you and the others in here, who don't have access to any of these cards. :rolleyes:

So basically this isn't legit? Get it? Cause it's from that website? Ahah, okay no.

But seriously, what are the real origins of this table? As everyone else has mentioned, the numbers look pretty; beating the 7970 in just about every bench if not all. I'd like to actually see a bench running; if it's that much better, a video shouldn't be hard to find right?

Yeah I'll rather believe you and the others in here, who don't have access to any of these cards. :rolleyes:

Considering HardOCP is under the same NDA as everyone else, why does it matter? The [H] crew also looks at the performance : price ratio.. with no MSRP released, it doesn't matter.

Stop kissing Kyle's ass so hard, the man needs padding to sit in his chair; You sound like a groupie.

Considering HardOCP is under the same NDA as everyone else, why does it matter? The [H] crew also looks at the performance : price ratio.. with no MSRP released, it doesn't matter.

Stop kissing Kyle's ass so hard, the man needs padding to sit in his chair; You sound like a groupie.

Ok, I'll believe you. HD 7970 is jesus reborn and the GTX 680/670 is gonna be a piece of shit that sucks.

Ok, I'll believe you. HD 7970 is jesus reborn and the GTX 680/670 is gonna be a piece of shit that sucks.

Who said that? Oh, you looked at my sig and that's what you interpreted? You're a fool, sir. :rolleyes:

Even before 120hz happened, there were people that cared about 60hz minimum as their personal gold-standard** and a 7970 at stock clocks will be around 42-48fps minimums during single-player BF3 @ 1920x1200x4xMSAA. With agressive overclocking, you might reach that 60 fps min, but really you'd really probably need dual 7970s or perhaps the magic kepler-promises to be real.

**That's not my personal standard just for reference. I'm happy with 42-avg, 24-30 min if I can make out every detail objection minus motion blur as it makes me feel sick.

Well my personal standard is max settings at butter-smooth 120+ fps with not a single framed dropped if mathematically possible. A lofty goal even at 1080p for today's cards. I'm fed up with people on [H] saying "card x is overkill for resolutions below 1 billion x 1 billion". Not everyone is a multimonitor fan willing to sacrifice FPS for surround.

Tomato tomahto.

Oh, I'm sorry.. but Kyle isn't THE source for video card performance data.

I'll make my own judgments when the NDA is lifted, as should you.

kyle said just enough to add fuel to the fire "impressive depending on pricing can be interpreted countless ways!

NVIDIA NEVER FUCKING SAID ANYTHING ABOUT MSRP. God damn it, can you and others top spreading false rumors? There was, again, NEVER an OFFICIAL Nvidia announcement on the MSRP of the card.

You dont get it buddy, Rumors by others claim this was to be a midrange card, which means midrange pricing, by my standards midrange is 350 bucks, I should have never mentioned a number, but because AMD didint deliver this will now be priced as a high end card, which looking at where the 580 is still priced and the performance thats been claimed their will be no way this is coming to market under 500 bucks, I guarantee that! Again this is based on wild, baseless speculation that Im now in the middle of, and to be honest, like the rest of you, its quite fun bantering back and forth like school girls about a fucking video card that might not exist!

You dont get it buddy, Rumors by others claim this was to be a midrange card, which means midrange pricing, by my standards midrange is 350 bucks, I should have never mentioned a number, but because AMD didint deliver this will now be priced as a high end card, which looking at where the 580 is still priced and the performance thats been claimed their will be no way this is coming to market under 500 bucks, I guarantee that! Again this is based on wild, baseless speculation that Im now in the middle of, and to be honest, like the rest of you, its quite fun bantering back and forth like school girls about a fucking video card that might not exist!

Lol.

I'll let everyone else keep speculating on what might happen with kepler and WHEN. Meanwhile I'm going to continue gaming on ultra with some crazy fps on my 7970 like I've been doing since launch day =P

Ok, sounds great. Thanks for letting us know.

Funny that you'll likely be able to get a set of 480, 570s or 6970s for much less than this right now that will probable be faster than gtx 680 by a good margin, benefits of having a single card and lower heat/power draw notwithstanding.

You can say the exact same thing about the 7970.

You're the fanatic I was talking about, GT. It never fails, man.. within 30 minutes of a Kepler thread being posted, you're on it faster than a fly to a pile of shit.

Stop orgasming over theoretic FUD and wait for irrefutable proof. :rolleyes:

Dude, you do realize who MADE this thread right? Rumor-discussion is a standard part of PC forums, if you don't like it don't read it. The red X at the top right of this window will solve alllllllll your problems. Oh, and thanks for giving me another one for the ignore list. I thought it was deserved, but now I know it will be :p. It's amazing, I've added twice as many useless names to it in the last week due to their zealousness, than I had ever added previously in 10 years (including pre-forum wipe when I let my account lapse) of being here.

Again this is based on wild, baseless speculation that Im now in the middle of, and to be honest, like the rest of you, its quite fun bantering back and forth like school girls about a fucking video card that might not exist!

You're joking, right? It's real, it's coming. :rolleyes:

This thread delivers.

My 2c on the benchies (if not faked/skewed) is I will be going back to Green Team. As a non-fanboy, I go with the faster card of the time, doesn't matter what color the stickers are.

The only thing that piques my curiosity is whether the 1050mhz the GTX680 was benched at was actually default or OC. All rumors (of 925 stock clock speed) point to this being an OCd 680 vs a stock 7970. Not exactly a performance king if that's the case. Will be a tough choice if both flagships basically exactly match after OC, but I will probably lean Green as I don't have any interest in Eyefinity/Surround and would really like drivers that work and full DP so I don't have to use an adapter.

I just migrated from a 6770 to a 448 core and I really haven't noticed a difference(non-performance wise, that is.) Before that, I was on an 8800GTS.

I would have no problem going back to ATI again, as long as I wasn't doing CFX, I think.

I just migrated from a 6770 to a 448 core and I really haven't noticed a difference(non-performance wise, that is.) Before that, I was on an 8800GTS.

I would have no problem going back to ATI again, as long as I wasn't doing CFX, I think.

Wait what? You didn't notice a difference, not including performance? Wtf?

Performance wise, I obviously noticed a difference, but I had absolutely 0 driver issues with my 6770. Or, really, any other issues.

Performance wise, I obviously noticed a difference, but I had absolutely 0 driver issues with my 6770. Or, really, any other issues.

Ahh ok. I never had any issues with drivers on my HD 2900PRO/HD 4870 either.

The only thing that piques my curiosity is whether the 1050mhz the GTX680 was benched at was actually default or OC. All rumors (of 925 stock clock speed) point to this being an OCd 680 vs a stock 7970.

At least some of the sites had 700 for the base clock, with it "turboing" to 950, so yeah, makes you wonder. Maybe the 700 (950) part is going to be the 670 Ti, and the 680 will be higher? The rumors still seem confusing as to which card they are talking about, if there are in fact two cards coming.

PAPER LAUNCH 680!!!!!!!!

SOME CHINESE GUY GOT ONE!

(INAPPROPRIATE LINK EDITED OUT)

It's not some chinese guy, it's phk. If you don't know what his history is... well, just lol. Additionally, this is how rumors work...

This whole Kepler thing reminds me of when I was waiting for the Bionic to launch. It is honestly giving me nightmares.

WOW This thread is full of cat fights and garbage.

This coming from me has to say alot lol

Ok

here is a question. If the 680 is not as good as the average oced 7970 how many of you will still buy it knowing there is a card with better performance

I love the fantatics of a product, hard to get pissed about any of them since 1) they don't affect you and 2) can be a fantatic of a brand if they want, you aren't really losing out with either brand honestly.

Also you can't say you wouldn't learn nearly the amount about of a certain product if it weren't for these crazies! (ie GT! :D)

Also you can't say you wouldn't learn nearly the amount about of a certain product if it weren't for these crazies! (ie GT! :D)

Propaganda and lies.... I buy and use both brands. I follow any card's launch closely, and always have.

I love the fantatics of a product, hard to get pissed about any of them since 1) they don't affect you and 2) can be a fantatic of a brand if they want, you aren't really losing out with either brand honestly.

This is exactly the way I look at it. If I were more brand loyal, I would probably care, but as of right now, I'm an Nvidia leaning moderate(very slight lean.) Can't help but love the excitement of a new launch.

This is exactly the way I look at it. If I were more brand loyal, I would probably care, but as of right now, I'm an Nvidia leaning moderate(very slight lean.) Can't help but love the excitement of a new launch.

About the same here, due to drivers, though I'd say a medium lean. It's OK though, the ACTUAL forum fanboy crazies will come to yell about how I'm a fanboy any moment now to make themselves look "normal"....

kyle said just enough to add fuel to the fire "impressive depending on pricing can be interpreted countless ways!

You dont get it buddy, Rumors by others claim this was to be a midrange card, which means midrange pricing, by my standards midrange is 350 bucks,
Rumors are not facts. Nvidia has not quoted an official MSRP. Where did Nvidia state that this was officially a mid range card? If no one at Nvidia said this was a Mid Range card, then it isn't officially a mid range card. If it is a rumor, then anyone could have said it and then claimed Nvidia told them.

I think you definitely called his bluff :p

I must be a fanboy of every company known to man, since I follow anything I'm interested in pre-launch quite closely :eek:. Heck, on the games front I'm a fanboy of many companies that are direct competitors, apparrently, by this definition... Blizzard (WOW), Trion (RIFT), ArenaNet (Guild Wars 2), Bioware (SWTOR)... damn, it contradicts itself so much but it must be true because some people claimed it :p!

Ok

here is a question. If the 680 is not as good as the average oced 7970 how many of you will still buy it knowing there is a card with better performance

That's when price comes into play. $100-150 less can turn the tables.

Interesting how most comparision quickly jump to a OC 7970. What about stock vs stock? That's what determines which card is faster, not the OC potential that varies with each card.
I've seen a few people disappointed with the 7970 thinking they were getting some OC monster, but ended up with a modest 200MHz OC and driver headaches.

Interesting how most comparision quickly jump to a OC 7970. What about stock vs stock? That's what determines which card is faster, not the OC potential that varies with each card.

When these people's argument doesn't work, they resort to bs to try to make their point sound legitimate :p.

And to answer the question onthemour posed, depends on A) price/perf, and B) multi-card support (which I have never had issues with SLI, so I would tend to stick with what works for me) since I run 2560x1600 and need the horsepower.

i don't like that the reference cards only have 2x 6 pin connectors, just sayin. . .

also those overclocked benches are pretty fud. it's like a 40% overclock hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back