FREMO 13000 mAh Power Bank (made by SCUD) $23.99 Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875620022&Tpk=N82E16875620022

$23.99 With Promo Code EMCAKAT83

Ultra-high capacity 13000mAh rechargeable power capacity with dual output ports; Super-fast charge output (5V/3A) though dual USB ports (5V/2.1A and 5V/1A) allow for simultaneous charging of your iPad, iPhone, Android, and more at high speed.

Grade A LG cell and premium microchips ensure high quality batteries; Premium aluminum case provides enhanced protection; Secured battery safety with 4 layers of smart safety protection circuit; Advanced power lock technology with standby time up to 6 months after fully charged. 500+ recharge cycles over the life of the battery.

Warranty:
Limited Warranty period (parts): 1 year
Limited Warranty period (labor): 1 year

Price looks good but how does this compare with Mophie

Nearly all of these cheap power banks should be considered disposable after a couple dozen uses. I haven't run across many of these from any of the cheap Chinese manufacturers that survive well with a lot of use.

A couple dozen uses with a lithium battery? That seems absurd...

I've had my Anker 10Ah for well over a year using it quite regularly with no noticeable loss in life...

You realize that pack then wouldn't output 5V 13000 mah then?

Depends on the voltage of the LiPo cells. Just because a cell may fit the AA size spec doesn't mean it has to be limited to 1.5V per.

Most battery packs on the market use 3.7v 18650 cells

^^ This is correct. And if you have a pack fail on you, it's usually only one cell that went bad. You can pick up replacement cells at most smoke shops that sell vaporizers. Same thing applies to most laptop batteries as well.

In for one. I've been testing out two of the Inland ones and I'm interested to see how they compare.
I'm hoping to get it in time to take it on vacation. I'd love to have the extra battery pack to go with the the hanging out on the beach.

Back