• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Freeware Remote Reboot Tool?

BuGaLoU

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
1,156
I am looking for a tool to reboot a batch of Windows 2k3 based servers remotely for our monthly patching. I am well aware of the 'shutdown' command line tool and use it in a batch file currently. The problem with this is there is not easy way to verify the machine actually rebooted and is back up. My current method is a batch file that sends a shutdown command to the remote machine and then launches a separate ping loop window. This is somewhat effective, but requires hawk eyes on my part to catch the timeouts.

What I would like is a windowed dashboard that basically puts a green light or check mark next to a PC and verifies the success of the reboot for me. Does anything like this exist?
 
I have an app at home (on vaca now) that you enter a list of machines into, and it shows a red/green status for the connection to that machine.
I use the default C$ share as the 'connection' to the machine, its a small app, under 1mb in size, Ill be home in a few days and can zip/upload it for DL if you want.
 
You can also use pstools to reboot machines remotely, but it is a command line only thing. I would look into snmp monitoring/traps for up/down status and uptimes. If you know WMI, you can remotely ask for the uptime. Google WMI + uptime. First link gives you a script to do this. Also google WMI code creator. Enjoy!
 
Back
Top