[H]ard for [H]ardware
- Jan 12, 2005
If you are a Windows Vista or Windows XP user and decide to join and participate in both programs, we will send you a free Microsoft product when you participate in the program. Limit one gift per person. This offer is non-transferable. This offer expires on 12/31/07, while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are your sole responsibility. The current list of products to choose from are:
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)
Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
Microsoft Money Plus Premium
Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2008
Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008
Microsoft created the Windows Feedback Program to help our customers get more actively involved in helping to create the world's best software. Simply put, being a part of the Windows Feedback Program helps us help you.
That's great – I'm all for better software, but will this be a lot of work for me?
In a word, no. An advantage of this program is that there is really not a lot of work for you to do, regardless of the parts of the program you choose to participate in:
1. The survey feedback program. When you join the survey feedback program, you’ll be invited to take a survey on a regular schedule. If the survey arrives at a time where you are busy, you skip that one and take the next one instead. You will not receive more than a survey every two weeks.
2. The automated feedback program. When you choose to participate, most of the work is done behind the scenes, with no additional effort, time requirement, or inconvenience to you. Occasionally, we might send you an invitation to participate in a survey or another feedback program to get additional information about your use of computers but, in general, you only hear from us if we make significant changes to our data collection method or if we want to offer another feedback program to you that you might be interested in.
How do I enroll in the Program?
When you decide to participate, you will:
1. Read and agree to the Agreement for joining the Windows Feedback Program.
2. Enter your personal information.
3. Complete a 15-minute survey that helps us to understand your user preferences and main interests. This is important for us because it allows us to target specific research activities to the right audience. For example, if you never play games on your computer, we would not invite you to participate in a survey about games. Completion of the survey is required for your registration to be complete.
4. Download and install the software on your Windows Vista or Windows XP computer if you are joining the automated feedback program.
* Used our software for at least 3 months on a Windows Vista or Windows XP computer that is periodically connected to the internet.
We will verify that you’ve used the Windows Feedback Program software for three months, and then we’ll send your gift to you. If we detect that your computer does not send data, we will notify you.
http://wfp.microsoft.com/Privacy.aspx - Privacy Info
http://wfp.microsoft.com/Welcome.aspx - Registration