Free Vista/Office from Microsoft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie81

[H]ard for [H]ardware
If you are a Windows Vista or Windows XP user and decide to join and participate in both programs, we will send you a free Microsoft product when you participate in the program. Limit one gift per person. This offer is non-transferable. This offer expires on 12/31/07, while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are your sole responsibility. The current list of products to choose from are:

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)
Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
Microsoft Money Plus Premium
Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2008
Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008

Requirements

Microsoft created the Windows Feedback Program to help our customers get more actively involved in helping to create the world's best software. Simply put, being a part of the Windows Feedback Program helps us help you.

That's great – I'm all for better software, but will this be a lot of work for me?
In a word, no. An advantage of this program is that there is really not a lot of work for you to do, regardless of the parts of the program you choose to participate in:

1. The survey feedback program. When you join the survey feedback program, you’ll be invited to take a survey on a regular schedule. If the survey arrives at a time where you are busy, you skip that one and take the next one instead. You will not receive more than a survey every two weeks.
2. The automated feedback program. When you choose to participate, most of the work is done behind the scenes, with no additional effort, time requirement, or inconvenience to you. Occasionally, we might send you an invitation to participate in a survey or another feedback program to get additional information about your use of computers but, in general, you only hear from us if we make significant changes to our data collection method or if we want to offer another feedback program to you that you might be interested in.

How do I enroll in the Program?
When you decide to participate, you will:

1. Read and agree to the Agreement for joining the Windows Feedback Program.
2. Enter your personal information.
3. Complete a 15-minute survey that helps us to understand your user preferences and main interests. This is important for us because it allows us to target specific research activities to the right audience. For example, if you never play games on your computer, we would not invite you to participate in a survey about games. Completion of the survey is required for your registration to be complete.
4. Download and install the software on your Windows Vista or Windows XP computer if you are joining the automated feedback program.

* Used our software for at least 3 months on a Windows Vista or Windows XP computer that is periodically connected to the internet.

We will verify that you’ve used the Windows Feedback Program software for three months, and then we’ll send your gift to you. If we detect that your computer does not send data, we will notify you.

http://wfp.microsoft.com/Privacy.aspx - Privacy Info

http://wfp.microsoft.com/Welcome.aspx - Registration

Source: TechPowerUp!

So this means in 3 months, we receive the "gift", huh? Interesting little catch. But for something that costs a boat load of money, I'd do it.

SemperFi,
- Joey

i wonder how many people will sign up for this and run the program on a pirated copy of Windows...lolz

"Participation is currently limited to US residents [only]"

:( no love for Canadians :(

Seems like a bitch. Not to mention that you're basically giving Microsoft the right to know exactly what you're doing at all times.

Feel free to call me paranoid though...

Seems like a bitch. Not to mention that you're basically giving Microsoft the right to know exactly what you're doing at all times.

That's why this is going to run on one of the spare laptops. :)

Thanks for the link! I signed up. I don't mind giving MS info at all if it means that they will make future versions of their software easier to use. I always agree to the customer improvement programs anyways. This just means a free copy of software for me. The survey was rather long, but that's fine. If they use the information, great!

Hm. Running vista ultimate now, can get office ultimate for $59 thru the ultimate steal.

So what do I pick? Hmm..

Well, I just bought Office ultimate for $60 through Microsoft's ultimate steal program, and I just bought Vista ultimate (unopened, retail, for $200). I though $200 was good, but dang, FREE:eek: Looks like I am going to do this little 3month thing and get the free copy of Vista Ultimate. Then I will most likely sell my unopened retail box on ebay or something.

Worked for me. Just got done with the survey.

Installed software. Free Vista Ultimate for a little of my harmless usage info is fine with me.

Did any of you guys who received the e-mail use Gmail? I'm just curious if they decided to bounce the e-mails or whatever, since they've got that hotmail crap.

Did any of you guys who received the e-mail use Gmail? I'm just curious if they decided to bounce the e-mails or whatever, since they've got that hotmail crap.

My comcast mail didn't work so I signed up using gmail and I got it.:p

My comcast mail didn't work so I signed up using gmail and I got it.:p

I just made a gmail account and signed up for the program and got my email. This is after using my yahoo and school email accounts.

Would they be giving this software out specifically to use with a certain computer?.. since they do know if your specific computer is transmitting data.

Anyway, count me in on waiting for the confirmation email, gmail address. :(

No luck with a verizon addy either. :(

al ;)

This sounds very interesting, I'd love to get Vista Ultimate for free! Quick question though, what happens if you do a fresh install during the monitoring period? Do they track through your SN or do you have to start all over or possibly be disqualified?

Same here nothing received... Stupid Microsoft cant even set up a mailer properly...

I'm with you on running this on a pc you dont use :p... The last thing I need is M$ seeing whats on my drives :eek:

I'm not that far from their headquarters they may send someone down just for a "chat" :p

I have been waiting for at least 20 minutes and no email in my Gmail from MS.

....resent to my gmail again, then sent to my email.com, then my old comcast.net (funny how you keep your comcast email after leaving them for 2 years).

It finally came to my email.com address.

The survey people messed up. They ask a question without a N/A option:

Do you have any of the following capabilities on your mobile phone?

Please select all that apply.
Text Messaging (SMS or ix Messaging/MMS)

Photo Messaging

Web Browsing

Gaming

I don't have a mobile phone at all duh!

Do they say how often you need to use your computer? Could I simply toss it on one of my spare computers and turn it on, say, once a month?

I get Vista Business free through my school (although I don't particularly like it - I think I might give Linux a try soon), as well as XP Pro which I'm currently using. I also have Office 2007 Pro, for free and legit, through some "Power Together" promotion a while back.

So what, if any, of these items should I try out?

came very quickly to my hotmail (aka spam account lol)

do you guys think it would it be possible to let this run for a few days then uninstall this and still get the program?

I'm excited I already got vista business for free from microsoft soon I'll have a free ultimate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back