Free Vista Business / Office 2k7 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine said completed (for 3 offers) before the offer was up and still no emails from them.

BTW, I only did Vista, but Office 2k7 is really neat. If you have not used it (i did the beta for it), it is amazing and a lot easier to do things in.

Its a learning curve, but once you learn a bit, it is much more fluid to work in.

Well, I finally got the survey e-mail today. Something tells me that they got hit pretty hard and the process has slowed down.

Supposedly I'm getting calls from a Mike Bosick from microsoft, not sure if it's about this or the microsoft live meeting trial I downloaded trying to get this video to work. Whats the point of that "How do you perfer to be contacted" box if they dont listen. Am I the only one being contacted?

Lord of Shadows said:
Supposedly I'm getting calls from a Mike Bosick from microsoft, not sure if it's about this or the microsoft live meeting trial I downloaded trying to get this video to work. Whats the point of that "How do you perfer to be contacted" box if they dont listen. Am I the only one being contacted?
I put in a fake phone number. Not extremely fake, but with 1 or 2 digits off. :p :D

workingnonstop said:
I put in a fake phone number. Not extremely fake, but with 1 or 2 digits off. :p :D
Word, always switch the ...69 in my # to ...66 in forms I don't plan on taking calls from.

-bZj

I'm wondering the same thing about those surveys. Although I do see this in MY STUFF. Does this DEFINITELY mean that im in?

Shipping Info Congratulations!

You’ve completed the number of Webcasts or vLabs required to receive a free, fully-licensed copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2007. Once we’ve confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the offer details below we will ship your gift within 6-8 weeks of the release to manufacturing of Microsoft Office Professional 2007. While you’re waiting, why not check out additional Webcasts of vLabs to further your skills?

MY ADDRESS

thenixhex311 said:
I'm wondering the same thing about those surveys. Although I do see this in MY STUFF. Does this DEFINITELY mean that im in?

Shipping Info Congratulations!

You’ve completed the number of Webcasts or vLabs required to receive a free, fully-licensed copy of Microsoft Office Professional 2007. Once we’ve confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the offer details below we will ship your gift within 6-8 weeks of the release to manufacturing of Microsoft Office Professional 2007. While you’re waiting, why not check out additional Webcasts of vLabs to further your skills?

MY ADDRESS

I have the same message. the kicker is "Once we’ve confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements stated in the offer details......."

So until you are told definately through email or the web page, or receive the product, just wait it out.

herbs97 said:
I got that same message, And i didn't fill out any surveys.

That message came to me long before I got a survey....I still have one in my inbox that I need to fill out.

I filled out the survey immediately after the videos and I still got the email for the surveys. So I don't know what to do.

Still havn't even received an email and I probably finished all my videos 2 days before it was out of stock, anyone have any ideas? :confused: :(

Damn. Missed this one. Maybe they do another retailer push like they did years ago for XP, so I can at least get it on the cheap...

Regarding all of the "When will we get it?" questions:

You should expect to get it roughly by mid to late January. Right around the time the launch events begin to roll out across the US.

btw, if you haven't I would definitely check out the launches we are doing across the US. Great way to get more information and see this stuff in action. Lots of Microsoft people there to meet and chat with and other great stuff too.

Thanks for being so patient. Again I apologize for the problems. We never realized that this thing would take off like it did. You guys are great.

regards,
mark
That quote is from here: http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=261967#261967

Is this still active? I just went in there and the icon has a "sold out" icon ontop of it, but when I click it it seems like you can still do it, I just don't want to go through it and end up not recieving anything

Tylerdurdened said:
Is this still active? I just went in there and the icon has a "sold out" icon ontop of it, but when I click it it seems like you can still do it, I just don't want to go through it and end up not recieving anything
No. They are sold out. You can still sign up and watch the web casts, but you won't get anything.

jam269 said:
No. They are sold out. You can still sign up and watch the web casts, but you won't get anything.

I have 3 completed and it says it needs to confirm eligibility. Hope this still works.

Well I completed this shit long ago and never receive any emails so I have no idea wtf is going on.

Honestly, they had to verify what 30,000 people?

Are they doing full fledge backround checks or something?

I also havnt received an email and I finished this like two days before the offer was sold out

i have a feeling we are all waiting for nothing... :( ohh well if i forget all about it and it does happen to show up.... well it will make it better that way... :D

So I got bored and e-mail them and asked them what is going on.

The guy replied rather quickly saying I qualified for the free gift...

Hurray

The MSDN Channel9 forum thread(linked there from my previous post at page 2 or 1 of this thread) indicated the confirmation email or the package will be sent out around the end of Jan, the same time official consumer release of Vista.

well shit....confirmation email OR your package? i better get it...i'm gonna be soooo pissed otherwise.

any idea when the Retail will be sold?

That way I now when I need to get a new LCD 19in montor.

Sumsung 6ms or a 2ms version from newegg.

khanable said:
So I got bored and e-mail them and asked them what is going on.

The guy replied rather quickly saying I qualified for the free gift...

Hurray
what email adress did you email and what did you say

swetmore said:
6 weeks is fast approaching. Anyone getting any other feedback?
6wks from retail availability, which isn't until next month....

-bZj

People won't be getting tax forms till after New Years, and none of us can realistically expect to get our software packages till well into March. Sooner the better, of course, but I don't plan on seeing my Vista Business package till March...

yallknowho said:
did anyone get sent a w9 yet?
No one has, b/c tax forms aren't due yet (year end hasn't happened), and the site states it will come with your 2nd item, which, again, no one has received yet.

I'm looking at March, too. Maybe April, given the huge response.

It'd be nice if they offered to upgrade from Business to Ultimate in place of O2k7.... Just in case MS is listening.... :)

-bZj

I went with the Vista only. I tried beta of office was not impressed.
So that way no tax form coming my way.

p05ta1 said:
I went with the Vista only. I tried beta of office was not impressed.
So that way no tax form coming my way.

I wasn't too impressed with Office (Beta) but I'm running a corp version at work of 2007 and it rocks. Much more stable. Nice features. Outlook now works with Gmail!

Outlook 2003 has never given me any issues with GMail. And in the 3 years I've been using it, I've rarely had any issue with Office 2003 as far as stability is concerned (the stupidity of Excel is another story).

-bZj

Down8 said:
Outlook 2003 has never given me any issues with GMail. And in the 3 years I've been using it, I've rarely had any issue with Office 2003 as far as stability is concerned (the stupidity of Excel is another story).

-bZj

same here. :)

It's January now, any news on shipments from Microsoft?
Or do we have to wait a few more weeks?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back