Free Vista Business / Office 2k7 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd share with everyone things I've learned recently:

• According to the Marc guy who was apparently a part of the team who managed the powertogether promotion, the software packages are currently being addressed and prepped for shipping. They plan to start shipping early this week. (week of 1/14/07)
  • Windows Vista will be received on a genuine hologram DVD and will be the retail version, not OEM. Wether the packaging will be full retail or not is kind of vague but I believe he said no - they would be using CD/DVD media mailers to reduce shipping costs.
  • Office 2007 will not be received on a disc - you will receive in installation key and instructions to download the software from Microsoft.
  • If you got both software packages you should be receiving a tax form W9 to fill out and fax back to Microsoft. Office 2007 will not be shipped until your tax info is received.
  • The Windows Vista DVD you will receive will be the x86 version (32-bit). Apparently the installation key will work for either version and you can get an x64 version on DVD by calling Microsoft and paying an additional shipping and handling charge. (After you've received your retail Vista disc)

awesome...i'll prolly be callin em up for that 64 version

The Windows Vista DVD you will receive will be the x86 version (32-bit). Apparently the installation key will work for either version and you can get an x64 version on DVD by calling Microsoft and paying an additional shipping and handling charge. (After you've received your retail Vista disc)
[/list]

I thought that retail versions came with both 32 and 64 bit version. Oh well, I probably don't need the 64bit version anyway.

I thought that retail versions came with both 32 and 64 bit version. Oh well, I probably don't need the 64bit version anyway.

The retail box product comes with both 32bit and 64bit copies of the retail version of Vista. But this promotion isn't for a retail boxed product, just the 32 bit retail version of Vista.

(if what was said above is true)

sounds neat. looking forward to it.
I just need to get my k8ns ultra-939 sent in to gigabyte so i can play some games again.

MY motherboard is messed up when i try to play 3dgames,lan drops internet and ide not seeing Hd's at random times.
I have some issue on the chipset.

The retail box product comes with both 32bit and 64bit copies of the retail version of Vista. But this promotion isn't for a retail boxed product, just the 32 bit retail version of Vista.

(if what was said above is true)

On that guys thread ( the one that ran the promotion ) he said not even retail will include x64. They figured it would be to confusing for consumers. He also stated that this is a full retail disk and license, just no box.

anyone know when this closed off? i would feel like a complete fool if this ended just a couple days ago, especially when i had that link bookmarked months ago. :rolleyes:

It ended quite some time ago. They "only" had 30000 copies to send out and it was gone pretty quickly after it hit the net.

soooo anyone want to trade a home premium for a buisness (possibly 32 bit but I have no idea what the hell is going on :confused: ) :D

Personally, I'm hoping that an upgrade to vista ultimate will be reasonable. I suspect if it was an upgrade copy, it would be, but because it's a full version, I suspect the upgrade would set you back another $100.00 instead of around $50.00.

If anyone is getting an extra copy (or 3, lol) I'd be glad to take it off their hands...

Share with your fellow [H]er's!

Personally, I'm hoping that an upgrade to vista ultimate will be reasonable. I suspect if it was an upgrade copy, it would be, but because it's a full version, I suspect the upgrade would set you back another $100.00 instead of around $50.00.
Here's hoping it'll be a reasonable upgrade to Ultimate! I really like MediaCenter, now that I've played with it on the HTPC I built my girl for XMas, but I won't pay a ton of money for a single feature.

-bZj

Here's hoping it'll be a reasonable upgrade to Ultimate! I really like MediaCenter, now that I've played with it on the HTPC I built my girl for XMas, but I won't pay a ton of money for a single feature.

-bZj

wont someone come out with a media center add on at some point or something very similar?

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/jan07/01-17ConsumerOptionsPR.mspx

Prices for upgrades:
Home Basic to Home Premium $79
Home Basic to Ultimate $199
Home Premium to Ultimate $159
Business to Ultimate $139

$139... hm.... Also: "To make it easier for households with multiple PCs to make the move to Windows Vista, Microsoft is launching a limited-time offer for customers who buy retail copies of Windows Vista Ultimate. From Jan. 30 through June 30, the Windows Vista Family Discount will allow North American customers to license two additional copies of Windows Vista Home Premium for use on other PCs in the home at the reduced price of $49.99 each."

You think if one was to immediately upgrade Bus to Ult, you could get in on the $50 2nd PC deal? $190 for 1xUlt and 1xHP - not too bad....

-bZj

booo on the $139! Anytime Upgrade should not cost more than the retail price difference.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2007/jan07/01-17ConsumerOptionsPR.mspx

Prices for upgrades:
Home Basic to Home Premium $79
Home Basic to Ultimate $199
Home Premium to Ultimate $159
Business to Ultimate $139

$139... hm.... Also: "To make it easier for households with multiple PCs to make the move to Windows Vista, Microsoft is launching a limited-time offer for customers who buy retail copies of Windows Vista Ultimate. From Jan. 30 through June 30, the Windows Vista Family Discount will allow North American customers to license two additional copies of Windows Vista Home Premium for use on other PCs in the home at the reduced price of $49.99 each."

You think if one was to immediately upgrade Bus to Ult, you could get in on the $50 2nd PC deal? $190 for 1xUlt and 1xHP - not too bad....

-bZj

Wow, those people who got the 40 dollar XP Home with free upgrade to Vista have a cheap way to Ultimate....it's actually cheaper than just buying ultimate!

I've got to say that the upgrades are really high....especially if you bought an upgrade version of Vista Home Prem or Business.

Just posted, today:
Mark Brown - Developer & Platform Marketing said:
Fri, Jan 19 2007 2:27 PM
http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=273922#273922

Hey guys. I'm still around. Sorry, I've been on a plane all this week at launch events and will be on a plane all next week too.

btw, we are SHIPPING. Started earlier this week.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: btw, I'm not involved with the retail launch stuff at all. Don't care about the retail stuff. I'm all about DEVELOPERS
-bZj

I got an email back from a Microsoft rep, and even though I didn't complete 3 webinars within 30 days, since I did eventually watch them and I was registered, I will be receiving both office and vista. :D

Thanks OP. :)

Has anybody gotten any updated info regarding shipping?

Mark has again confirmed that the orders were sent to fulfillment and started shipping early this week. With any luck we should be seeing people start to get their packages next week sometime.

Within 3hrs wasn't enough of an update for you? Geez, the Internet really messes with ppls' sense of time....

-bZj
What the hell are you talking about? I have this thread as a subscription. I asked a simple question. If you have such as issue with that, do it through PM, not through needless trolling.

Hahahahahaha.

There was updated info posted 3hrs before you posted. If you A) can't be bothered to actually read the thread to which you've subscribed, or B) really felt the need for more up-to-date information, I will continue to point out the way the Internet has screwed up Kids TodayTM.

-bZj

Hahahahahaha.

There was updated info posted 3hrs before you posted. If you A) can't be bothered to actually read the thread to which you've subscribed, or B) really felt the need for more up-to-date information, I will continue to point out the way the Internet has screwed up Kids TodayTM.

-bZj
Since I was actually born a year before you, I apparently missed the perfection gene that was given to newborns in 1979. You know the one, that makes you so perfect taht you can go around pointing out the faults of others. Please. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back