Free Vista Business / Office 2k7 pro (part deux)

Anyone wanna trade me thier Vista Business for my Vista home Premium.. Getting mine from MS soon as part of the vista upgrade program.. But Home premium will not suit me.. Need business or higher..

edit: Nevermind.. I guess I shoulda looked harder at the list.. Didnt realize Business lost the Media Capabilities..

call them up and ask for it. they'll charge you for shipping which is prolly like $5 or so. otherwise if you have the RTM version, you can install the 64bit version off it. it worked for me. got it activated and everything on my comp.

Who exactly do I call? I have a rtm 64 bit ultimate, If I used the buisness key (is the key for both 32 bit and 64 bit?) Would it just activate 64bit buisness instead?

Anyone wanna trade me thier Vista Business for my Vista home Premium.. Getting mine from MS soon as part of the vista upgrade program.. But Home premium will not suit me.. Need business or higher..
I'm sure someone will take you up on that offer. :)
Who exactly do I call? I have a rtm 64 bit ultimate, If I used the buisness key (is the key for both 32 bit and 64 bit?) Would it just activate 64bit buisness instead?
Yes, at least in theory.

-bZj

I'd actually rather have home premium...
I haven't gotten my vista business copy yet, but when I do I'd definitely be interested in a trade. :)

Yes, at least in theory.

-bZj

Sooooo anyone else know anything about this?
Just to let you guys know about the trade, I pmed him and he didn't know about loosing media center functionallity so I don't think he's going to trade anymore;)

No the biz key wont work with ultimate

Hi, I'm seeing conflicting posts. Some say the vista business is OEM and some says it's retail. Does anyone know for Sure which one is it? I haev to decide whether or not to install vista now.

It should work just fine. All editions are on the same DVD and the key you enter determines which edition the installler sets up.

my bad, I thought he was asking if he could use the biz key for ultimate version.

Hi, I'm seeing conflicting posts. Some say the vista business is OEM and some says it's retail. Does anyone know for Sure which one is it? I haev to decide whether or not to install vista now.

All signs point towards our copies of Vista being OEM despite indications from the PowerTogether team that they would be retail. It seems only the Office 2007 packages were retail.

All signs point towards our copies of Vista being OEM despite indications from the PowerTogether team that they would be retail. It seems only the Office 2007 packages were retail.

And... I just read something else on the channel 9 forums that strongly indicated that although the packaging says no phone support and therefore you'd think 'OEM' the license and installation keys for these discs are in fact RETAIL.

I wish Mark would get back from his trip so he can answer this question once and for all - I'd really like to know this for sure too. The answer is pretty much the deciding factor on wether I go ahead and install Vista now, or wait a few months until I plan to upgrade my mobo and go Core 2 Duo.

It should work just fine. All editions are on the same DVD and the key you enter determines which edition the installler sets up.

Ok so now my question is; does this cdkey work for 64bit and 32bit. If so wouldn't they just ship you a 64bit disc if you called for a new one. I'll go over everything again real quick. I have the powertogether copy, I want 64 bit, I don't know who to call to get this, I have Vista Ultimate 64bit RTM lying around. If I use this to install and enter my cdkey will I be able to install 64bit business from an option. Or if the cdkey is what determines what version it is(32bit or 64bit) then would it just be a useless reinstall of 32bit?

Ok so now my question is; does this cdkey work for 64bit and 32bit. If so wouldn't they just ship you a 64bit disc if you called for a new one. I'll go over everything again real quick. I have the powertogether copy, I want 64 bit, I don't know who to call to get this, I have Vista Ultimate 64bit RTM lying around. If I use this to install and enter my cdkey will I be able to install 64bit business from an option. Or if the cdkey is what determines what version it is(32bit or 64bit) then would it just be a useless reinstall of 32bit?

Go here to order alternate media for your Windows Vista license:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/1033/ordermedia/default.mspx

But the answer to the second part of your question is YES. If you don't want to wait around on Microsoft to ship you alternate media with x64 on it you can most certainly use the current copy of Windows Vista RTM x64. The Windows Vista setup DVD actually will install the version of Windows Vista your installation key dictates. For instance if you used a Windows Vista Home Premium installation key the setup routine on the DVD would customize the installation so that the Home Premium version is installed. Pretty nifty. :)

But the answer to the second part of your question is YES. If you don't want to wait around on Microsoft to ship you alternate media with x64 on it you can most certainly use the current copy of Windows Vista RTM x64. The Windows Vista setup DVD actually will install the version of Windows Vista your installation key dictates. For instance if you used a Windows Vista Home Premium installation key the setup routine on the DVD would customize the installation so that the Home Premium version is installed. Pretty nifty. :)

To make thing more clear. The x64 (64bit) DVD you have ONLY has the 64bit versions of all the Vista editions. The x86 (32bit) DVD you got in the mail ONLY has the 32bit versions of the Vista Editions. The keys should be version independant and only tied to the edition they're meant to install. If they are version dependant than trying it on your x64 (again 64bit) DVD would fail since there is no 32bit versions on that DVD.

EDIT: By "version" I mean x86 (32bit) or x64(64bit). By editions I mean Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, etc.

Thanks, just ordered the 64bit disk.

WOW, I almost did not get my W-9 on in on time. You must have your W-9 in before February 1, 2007 to receive BOTH. I filled and faxed and was able to confirm that they have received my information.

After contacting the fulfillment company directly, I was told that the people who are receiving both offers are being processed after the people that receive a single item. They expect to have ALL ORDERS FULFILLED BY FEBRUARY 15.

I hope this will give you some peace of mind if you submitted for both offers, seeing that others are starting to receive their items.

:D

WOW, I almost did not get my W-9 on in on time. You must have your W-9 in before February 1, 2007 to receive BOTH. I filled and faxed and was able to confirm that they have received my information.

After contacting the fulfillment company directly, I was told that the people who are receiving both offers are being processed after the people that receive a single item. They expect to have ALL ORDERS FULFILLED BY FEBRUARY 15.

I hope this will give you some peace of mind if you submitted for both offers, seeing that others are starting to receive their items.

Where does it state that you have to submit a W-9 Before Feb. 1st? I've been through my e-mails and the site.. Did I overlook it? I found it.. you have to fill it out if you want to receive the 2nd gift. Wow... that rattlesnack bit me.

I got my copies of Office 2K7 Pro and Vista Business today, so they have begun shipping both. They came in the same evelope, Vista is on a DVD and Office is a download. Oh, and for all of those who are tracking geographic regions I live in Columbus, OH.

373611294_cb67deade5.jpg

373611291_39af19abb2.jpg

My Vista Business was delivered today... for tracking purposes, I'm in Houston, TX.

Got my version of Office today as well. I live in Raleigh, North Carolina. Are we allowed to trade these for Vista on forums?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvist...a/default.mspx

But the answer to the second part of your question is YES. If you don't want to wait around on Microsoft to ship you alternate media with x64 on it you can most certainly use the current copy of Windows Vista RTM x64. The Windows Vista setup DVD actually will install the version of Windows Vista your installation key dictates. For instance if you used a Windows Vista Home Premium installation key the setup routine on the DVD would customize the installation so that the Home Premium version is installed. Pretty nifty.

Thanks Blue Falcon, just ordered the 64bit DVD. Costs Canadian $13.00 before taxes with free 10 business day shipping. (5day shipping costs extra CDN$10)

Just got my Office in the mail today.. Ft. Lauderdale, FL here

I'll trade this with someone for Vista Home Premium :D

can you upgrade 32 bit vista to 64 bit vista later on after its been registered for a small fee?

can you upgrade 32 bit vista to 64 bit vista later on after its been registered for a small fee?

It's technically not really an upgrade. But yes you can switch between 32bit and 64bit with the same key. But you can only use one or the other. And if you already have the media then there's no fee.

It's technically not really an upgrade. But yes you can switch between 32bit and 64bit with the same key. But you can only use one or the other. And if you already have the media then there's no fee.

is there any reason you couldn't have both installed on the same system and dual boot? I'm just curious, I don't think there's any reason to run x64 yet...at least not for me.

is there any reason you couldn't have both installed on the same system and dual boot? I'm just curious, I don't think there's any reason to run x64 yet...at least not for me.

Technically there is no reason you couldn't, it should work fine in a dual boot situation, but I'm pretty sure this would be in violation of the EULA.

Do I need to call up Microsoft?

I deleted my windows vista partition on my desktop computer, and I installed it on my laptop instead. Now it says that the product key is in use, would you like to purchase another key?. :confused: :confused:

did you register it? I hope that its just a bug because I was hoping this was a retail license

Do you guys think there is anyway to order new media for Office Pro 2k7? I would love to pay a small fee to have MS send me the real cd/dvd instead of just burning the download onto a cdr..

Got my version of Office today as well. I live in Raleigh, North Carolina. Are we allowed to trade these for Vista on forums?

Nope, not allowed to trade or sell NFR software.

The FS/T RULES! (You must read these before posting in FS/T.) said:
(7) No sales/trades of ACADEMIC or NFR (Not for Resale) software.

Which sucks because I would do the same thing, if it was allowed. But those darn lawyers sure are intimidating. :mad:

Back