Free Sims 2 Complete Edition on Origin

I was at first confused how to do this, so I figured I'm probably not alone. Here's how you get your free copy of the Sims 2.

Open Origin and choose the Redeem Product Code from the Origin menu.

hf3RvHL.png

Enter I-LOVE-THE-SIMS into the box.

It worked, thanks! :)

Just curious, does it have any DRM or activation limits like the digital versions of The Sims 3 do?

Nice of EA... very surprised that they would give this abandonware out.

Snagged it

Friendly reminder, this ends in a week, 7-31-14

just remember you can back up graphics rules.sgr into a txt and edit the resolution to get 1080p or higher.

where you installed , sims 2>\TSData\Res\Config\Graphics Rules.sgr

oh the collection edition expansion location is under The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config.

Last edited:
just remember you can back up graphics rules.sgr into a txt and edit the resolution to get 1080p or higher.

oh the collection edition expansion location is under The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config.

I had to do quite a bit more than alter resolution settings in order to get the game to play nice with my 780. You may wind up having to edit the vide cards.sgr file to add your GPU, as well as alter/add settings in the graphics rules.sgr file to accommodate your GPU's actual memory size as well as deal with problems concerning self-shadowing on sims when they're indoors.

I had to do quite a bit more than alter resolution settings in order to get the game to play nice with my 780. You may wind up having to edit the vide cards.sgr file to add your GPU, as well as alter/add settings in the graphics rules.sgr file to accommodate your GPU's actual memory size as well as deal with problems concerning self-shadowing on sims when they're indoors.

Somebody made a tool to do some/all of the work for you.

Anybody know how to force a custom refresh rate? My screen will do 120 but it only shows 50 and 60hz options in-game.

Back