Free Shipping Is A Lie

If you guys will pay attention to Amazon you can clearly see where the customer actually pays for the 'free' shipping. This is very easy to spot.

How? Look at all the pricing for items on Amazon. There are many sellers selling the same items for cheaper. If you add in shipping, it magically becomes nearly the same price with Amazon Prime. This is not by mistake.

Well sure, if you look at used CD's, you will see like a cd for $1 and $3.99 shipping, or $4.99 with Amazon Prime and free shipping. That stuff is obvious.

But what I brought up is something like a video game being $59.99 on Amazon with free shipping (same day even) and it being $59.99 at your local Best Buy.

Not sure where you get the "paying more for prime shipping at checkout". I have prime, and anytime I order something, 2 day shipping is always free. On the chance it's something offshore from china, it's still free, but might take 5 or 6 days vs 2. One slight perk for me is here in Dallas/Fort Worth, TX I'm right between two large amazon facilities so I get a lot of stuff the same day I order it and pay nothing extra.

I sat down and did the math on my Prime subscription. With as much stuff as I've ordered in the past year, it works out to be my shipping "cost" per order is about $1 For 2 day, and sometimes free same day delivery that's not bad IMO.

I got a deal on the Prime subscription for $79, and after a year with it, I'll happily renew at $99 just because it makes it so much easier/quicker to get what I need and not have to worry about shipping. I don't partake of the other benefits they offer either (Streaming/books/etc). Although, I will be watching the hell out of the new "Grand Tour" with clarkson and crew on Prime :)

In the past before prime -- I'd always have to wait to order the smaller things I wanted. Instead of ordering it when I need it, I'd have to wait a week or two or three to get an order with enough stuff to justify paying whatever it was.

What I mean is that if you look at two identical items on Amazon, one with prime, one without. The one with prime is almoat always more expensive.

So you are not only paying the annual fee, you are also paying more per item.

What I mean is that if you look at two identical items on Amazon, one with prime, one without. The one with prime is almoat always more expensive.

So you are not only paying the annual fee, you are also paying more per item.

Tried exactly what you said, and found exactly the opposite. Example looked up a 5TB seagate external drive. With prime and no tax: $129.94 the cheapest non prime non tax: $134

Did a few other times with other common house hold items. (schick blades for example) the non prime was actually less, but by 5 cents only, and you have to wait 1 to 1.5 weeks to get it. In every other example item I tried, prime price was always better than non prime price. The razor example, I'm still going to lump that into prime winning because it's a 5 cent price difference and you get it almost instantly vs waiting forever.

I had no interest in prime for the longest time, I gave it a spin when they had the $70 for a year promo. Even without taking advantage of their streaming, I've made out like a bandit with as much shit as I've ordered with 2 day (1/2 the time it's same day) delivery. Best instance I can say was when my home AC went out, after whipping out the multimeter I needed a new capacitor. Instead of waiting 24 hours for a repair guy and paying him $300, I got on amazon, paid $23 and had the part same day.

All shipping is a lie, not once has a ship brought a package to my house.

I felt bad for you after reading that... here's a picture of a certian ship that might raise your spirits:
boaty-mcboatface-600x377.jpg

Back