FREE Microsoft Security Update CD

got mine too, I like the leather case that it came in. I have not looked that the dvd yet either, anyone know what all is on it?

JUST KIDDING>

didnt get a notice
didnt get a cd
and head office is a few mins away from my house
thx alot micro$oft...

recieved a conformation yesterday that mine shipped it was backordered.

Killermac

got mine today,and installed it today. thx

i noticed that it is for Feb 2004. do u think if u fill 1 out every month you'll get an updated version?

want mine so bad. got an email saying it was shipped, but i tried to track it and theres nothing there. anyone know who to contact to see if they are going to ship it?

Ordered...This is pretty great...

All these patches would of been downloaded through the Windows Update if I kept upto date on the updates right?

Got mine last week. Perfect timing, as I ended up hosing things up on my machine, and had to do a rebuild. Much better than having to download all the patches!

Got mine today. Man these CD's are sweet. It will help so much when trying to update a PC after a format.

Hmm I ordered one of these a month ago. I got the first confirmation email from them, but I kinda forgot about it and I never got the shipping confirmation. This thread pops up again, I fill out the forms last week, and now I have both confirmation emails. Wonder why the first one didn't go through?

Oh well, Update CD should be here in a couple days :D Thanks!

got mine today didnt realixe it was for xp,xp home, 2000 pro, me, 98se, and 98 will really save on alot of install time.

got mine also.. cames with 2nd cd with ez trust stuff

dun really need the xp updates since I prefer autopatcher xp but since it has all the updates for version os and its free..cant complain

I've received the confirmation e-mail and notice, but still haven't gotten the CD yet. Hopefully soon! :rolleyes:

just got mine 2 days ago. i thought it wasnt comming. give them time. its microsoft. need i say more

got mine thursday and interestingly it came with a free yr of antivirus and firewall:

ez armor LE from e-trust computer associates

my-etrust.com

Got mine in the mail yesterday.... also came with antivirus software and firewall.... kudos to microsoft... nice to recieve this for free... will make updating new systmes a lot faster....

which version of the cd are u guys getting?
i got February 2004. was wondering if they give out march or april as well?

I haven't gotten mine yet...So this is a monthly thing?

Maybe someone should make a new thread each time the newer disc comes out...

na no need for a new thread. just post here if u get anything other than february.

i wonder theyll ship cds liek this out for sp2

I think this is probably meant as a supplement to Windows Update, and not a replacement. Therefore, even with the cash coffers MS enjoys, I doubt they'll keep sending out free CDs to all subscribers each month. Besides, how many MB of updates have there been in the last few months? Not many.

Originally posted by Badger_sly
Thanks, ordered one.

It will take care of all critical updates up to Oct. 2003, so it will make updating a new computer install somewhat faster.
oh shit, thats pretty damn old!! at least it will fix for blaster...

Originally posted by ChingChang
The new ones are February 2004 :)

Yup i got my Security Update CD through FEB 2004 today which includes the FREE antivirus and firewall trial CD.

I attended the seminar in Charleston last week and they were handing out the latest Security Update pack with the Computer Associates EZ antivirus and firewall. The update was Feb 04 and the 'trial' AV/Firewall is for a year...now that's a good trial period. I started running the CA AV several months ago and it's a good utility. The update is to facilitate the update of new installs and reinstallations...you still have to run Windows update to get the latest installments. Since XPSP2 will be out in a few months, it's debatable if there will be another update release before then.

I also ordered one of those free cd from them and I will say it has helped tremendously with going to peoples houses and either installing a new OS or upgrading there OS. I also like the free 1 year trial of the antivirus. Thanks for posting this.

Back