free land

Asian Dub Foundation said:
oh yeah im gonna plant something on mine and encroach on all urs! muhahahaha

read the fine print... cant improve upon the land lol. essentially dont own it, but you can say youre a land owner without lying. "yeah i have a little patch of land in san bernandino, it aint much but its all mine"

Sweet. I now own a piece of jersey. Now to start my mag lift method on how to destroy the earth...

Too bad its in south jersey. Too bad you can't chose the area in which you want the land. I might have actually visted mine if they gave GPS coordinates.

I'll be laughing my butt off when all these minors get property tax statements for their 1sq inch.

pretty funny how no one has mentioned that its hosted off of someone's 1&1 webspace (probably obtained when they were giving out free hosting a couple years back)...

well at least those states links leads to it....

musicman_ace said:
I'll be laughing my butt off when all these minors get property tax statements for their 1sq inch.

Hate to burst your bubble, but any deed is novelty only, so no real deed, no taxes.

anm8ed(spoofee.com) said:
This may be free and thats a great little hitch. But it would be really hard to retire or even improve 1 square inch of land. This is actually a great way to make money. Someone is really smart. There are over 6,000,000 square inches per acre. If you can get just 15% of the people that get free 1 inch parcels to buy the $3.95 hard copy deed that costs 15 cents to print thats over 3.5 million dollars an acre. Try selling an acre of land you can never use for that much.

This isnt like buying a house. American Acres holds the title to the property. You are getting an inch of land from them as a novelty. Yes that inch is your in theory, but you can never use it. Hence American Acres still technicaly owns the land and is responsible for the taxes. If they strike oil, you are out of luck. The inch is still yours but all the oil is thiers.

no taxes! :confused: :eek:

jl514 said:
Originally Posted by anm8ed(spoofee.com)
This may be free and thats a great little hitch. But it would be really hard to retire or even improve 1 square inch of land. This is actually a great way to make money. Someone is really smart. There are over 6,000,000 square inches per acre. If you can get just 15% of the people that get free 1 inch parcels to buy the $3.95 hard copy deed that costs 15 cents to print thats over 3.5 million dollars an acre. Try selling an acre of land you can never use for that much.

This isnt like buying a house. American Acres holds the title to the property. You are getting an inch of land from them as a novelty. Yes that inch is your in theory, but you can never use it. Hence American Acres still technicaly owns the land and is responsible for the taxes. If they strike oil, you are out of luck. The inch is still yours but all the oil is thiers.

Wow.... That's fucking insane. Now I want to do this.... Might be the ultimate get some money quick scheme.

KodiakStar said:
Anyone else find it ironic that a russianspy1234 found free land in america ;)

I was gonna ask the same thing...ROFLS.

Hilarious.
You could probably sell your pc and get a decent piece of land somewhere, that would actually be worth something. 1x1" of land is essentially something that you don't own.

Ebay? Someone could make a killing off the morons on ebay with these.

damn i just realized that the certificate is bigger then my plot of land :mad:

MaMMa said:
damn i just realized that the certificate is bigger then my plot of land :mad:

Haha, we should ALL get land in one state... then form together and colonize on our land. We could get like... a few square feet.

What if you created a script that would register land for you... you could potentially take up all the land and take them to court :) haha

unless they have a disclaimer stating you can only own so much land and so on blah blah blah which I'm sure they do... and one square foot is 144 blocks, so yeah if we had mass people sign up, we wouldn't even own that ;[

*American Acres, Inc. hereby registers the aforementioned as a land owner of the property described and numbered above. If a hardcopy legal Deed is not purchased, AA, Inc. will require land owner to update their land owners Registration on a quarterly basis via returned email generated by AA, Inc. Upon receipt of the first email in approximately 3 months, land owner will have the opportunity to unsubscribe from any future mailings. For additional legal requirements, click on Laws and Regs page.

bah.

Heh, I now "own" a piece of Hawaii... And, since the base I was stationed at there was at least slated for shut down (and probably was since ASW isn't needed much anymore), MAYBE I own a part of it (except that NAS Barbers Point is on Oahu, not the island of Hawaii... bummer)

We could get alot of land in one state, then squat on it. Squaters rights and all. Or there was this tactic when the States were first formed. A group of people would attack a town, and when the Spanish sent thier army, so would the Americans, to back up the acts that Americans would illegally do...

'You cannot make any improvements or develop the parcels'

i wanna see someone try to enforce the condition of a single square inch of land. better yet, i wanna find mine and stand next to it yelling for people to keep off my 'propor-tay' by waving around my deed and brandishing a shotgun or something... heh

do they give you coordinates to your mini-plot, or do they just say 'you have land in colorado.'? reminds me of when they were selling realestate on mars...

Everfalling said:
'You cannot make any improvements or develop the parcels'

i wanna see someone try to enforce the condition of a single square inch of land. better yet, i wanna find mine and stand next to it yelling for people to keep off my 'propor-tay' by waving around my deed and brandishing a shotgun or something... heh

do they give you coordinates to your mini-plot, or do they just say 'you have land in colorado.'? reminds me of when they were selling realestate on mars...

The latter :(

Its depressing that a small dog could poop on my property and cover the entire thing...

sweet....i own a piece of land thats about 30 miles away from me
maybe i should pee on my extremely large and astounding ONE INCH of property to mark my territory.... :p

Sounds like that promotion a ceral company had a long time ago, including deeds to 1 sq inch of land in the Klondike for free!

Back