Free "Jesus I Trust In You" Wristband (Only U.S. and Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see one translated word for word but to my knowledge the original form no longer exists, (and I would have no clue how to read it as the language has for the most part been lost as well,) and translations have occurred over time to suit the time/people translating it.
Incorrect, though getting your hands on the closest thing to the original texts can be a bit harder than going to your local Walmart or other popular book store. :) Surprisingly though, Amazon.com (as well as bn.com) has several copies of the Septuagint texts available. The Septuagint is one of the oldest original translations where the original Torah and Greek/Aramaic volumes of the New Testament were translated to Greek. As people seek out 'the word' with increasing fervor, you can expect more resources like this to become more readily available.

Additionally, a good comparative resource for anyone wanting to dig into the text of the Bible or any of its various translations, take a look at the Blue Letter Bible. The BLB website allows you to search just about any readily available translation and then compare the text to other translations, listen to commentary, see/read original (hebrew, aramaic, greek) texts and really get down to the roots of the writing. A good resource for both a diligent biblical researcher and those who merely wish to reinforce their faith in that collection of texts known as The Bible.

But I digress -- before this gets put on the Soap Box, let's talk about bracelets. :)

After all these comments, insights, arguments, discussions, rollseyes, and other such smilies... I think we need a [H] bracelet.

Fold Strong!

Could be a good slogan.

The problem is it's very rare to find someone that loves themself, and therein lies the problem. Trying to hold people up to some god damned (no pun intended) ridiculous set of rules is in itself ridiculous, and therein lies the second problem: someone else supposedly setting the "rules" you're supposed to live by.

Religion is nothing more than a form of control, read up on history to see that the tiny few that realized just what was possible when they could say with absolute conviction (HA!) "I speak with God, and God says you better do <insert whatever task the 'taskmaster' deemed necessary to keep in his/her good graces" and knowingly abuse the ignorance of the general population garnered the power. Not for good things, oh heaven's no. Religions have never done anything good for anyone, be nice if sheeple would learn that most difficult lesson that some of us have been well aware of since a very early age.

Nobody should ever tell you how to live your live(s), whoever you are. No fucking book written by another stupid fucking human should ever be "the rules" as those persons responsible for creating that damned piece of fiction knew. But the overwhelming majority of sheeple out there just don't get it, and can't believe in themselves enough to make a difference so they go running off to some gathering, aka church, and listen to someone "preach" the supposed gospel not realizing that the person in the pulpit just read the same fiction you probably did and is now offering up his or her opinions as fact.

I swear... without religion, without that damned book people cling to like life itself... this world would surely be a better place if people would only believe in themselves. Believing in others will bring you harm, betrayal, and many other things, and only the belief in yourself and what you can accomplish on your own, unfettered by some stupid "rule book" written by another one of us, will change your life and the world.

Nothing else matters, really.

'Nuff typed.

... Religions have never done anything good for anyone, be nice if sheeple would learn that most difficult lesson...

There's a big difference between religion and the perversion of that religion. I try to put others before me by helping less fortunate. I and several people from my church help out at a soup kitchen, and I'm guessing that the hungry people we feed might not agree with you about how religions have never done anything good. ;)

Religions can influence people to do things that can be good or bad. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. :D

After all these comments, insights, arguments, discussions, rollseyes, and other such smilies... I think we need a [H] bracelet.

Fold Strong!

Could be a good slogan.

im in, we also need bumper stickers, t-shirts, patches

Finally something free to help us score with christian chicks. Thank ya Jesus! rofl

If you think that is going to happen, I've got a really big surprise for you. If you want a chance at a decent girl, try going to Church. A wristband isn't going to get you laid, but it may score you a partner for life. Quite frankly, if you need a wristband to get laid, you need some serious help... try Alcahol or Chloroform :D

I want a proud to be atheist wristband.

They make them, just look around, you may even be able to score one free.

There's a big difference between religion and the perversion of that religion. I try to put others before me by helping less fortunate. I and several people from my church help out at a soup kitchen, and I'm guessing that the hungry people we feed might not agree with you about how religions have never done anything good. ;)

Religions can influence people to do things that can be good or bad. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. :D

Agreed. I volunteered in a soup kitchen for the homeless, man did that break my heart. :(

It's not free if they ask for personal information.

I Love Jesus, but I don't think he sanctioned the use of his name on this.

He would have told me.

In true religous intent or in greed/power/money? Remember, when money, power, greed becomes a factor, it no longer becomes about a religion.

You are blanketing an entire religion in one brush. You have to realize that there are lunitics on each side that uses the umbrella of said religion but are very far from it. A terrorist can call himself one religion, but is he really or is that religion really like that?

This is what happens when one assumes and paints the picture using one stroke of the brush.

Which "modern" Bible? Once again, folks sees one thing and assume that all modern religions are like, which is not the case. You get ones who are extreme and you get ones who translate as much as possible word for word. The original scripture is there, just read the Bible.

In the end, a lot of things are open for interpretation, but that does not mean we are doing it wrong or it is all wrong. If you follow even the most basic of principles, they are consistent throughout all denominations.

just to clear up, i was trying extra hard to make the point that i am NOT trying to put all of one religion under a brush, i was mainly showing that there are christians that are just as ready to commit horrid acts as radical muslims, each side is demonized by the other.

I tried to make it clear that i didn't want to lump a religion, but there is a large section of christianity that is...well...downright scary..like..i don't want to be in the same country as them scary.

As a former christian who spent years studying the faith to try to resolve my own crisis of faith what finally killed it was that i read what the big JC said and then saw how it gets twisted or forgotten. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who follow the positive message of their religion, i have nothing but disdain for those who call themselves one thing then don't live up to it in any way shape or form...or insist that they are while totally neglecting or twisting it around.

thats all i was trying to get at.

just to clear up, i was trying extra hard to make the point that i am NOT trying to put all of one religion under a brush, i was mainly showing that there are christians that are just as ready to commit horrid acts as radical muslims, each side is demonized by the other.

I tried to make it clear that i didn't want to lump a religion, but there is a large section of christianity that is...well...downright scary..like..i don't want to be in the same country as them scary.

As a former christian who spent years studying the faith to try to resolve my own crisis of faith what finally killed it was that i read what the big JC said and then saw how it gets twisted or forgotten. I have nothing but the utmost respect for those who follow the positive message of their religion, i have nothing but disdain for those who call themselves one thing then don't live up to it in any way shape or form...or insist that they are while totally neglecting or twisting it around.

thats all i was trying to get at.

QFT!

It's crazy how twisted christianity has become... I actually had a lengthy discussion about this with my father a couple days ago.

If you're gonna call yourself a Christian, you gotta at least try to live it out in your everyday life.

Of course, it's not my place to say who's a Christian and who isn't... I'll leave that to the Big Man upstairs :D

The problem is it's very rare to find someone that loves themself, and therein lies the problem. Trying to hold people up to some god damned (no pun intended) ridiculous set of rules is in itself ridiculous, and therein lies the second problem: someone else supposedly setting the "rules" you're supposed to live by.

Religion is nothing more than a form of control, read up on history to see that the tiny few that realized just what was possible when they could say with absolute conviction (HA!) "I speak with God, and God says you better do <insert whatever task the 'taskmaster' deemed necessary to keep in his/her good graces" and knowingly abuse the ignorance of the general population garnered the power. Not for good things, oh heaven's no. Religions have never done anything good for anyone, be nice if sheeple would learn that most difficult lesson that some of us have been well aware of since a very early age.

Nobody should ever tell you how to live your live(s), whoever you are. No fucking book written by another stupid fucking human should ever be "the rules" as those persons responsible for creating that damned piece of fiction knew. But the overwhelming majority of sheeple out there just don't get it, and can't believe in themselves enough to make a difference so they go running off to some gathering, aka church, and listen to someone "preach" the supposed gospel not realizing that the person in the pulpit just read the same fiction you probably did and is now offering up his or her opinions as fact.

I swear... without religion, without that damned book people cling to like life itself... this world would surely be a better place if people would only believe in themselves. Believing in others will bring you harm, betrayal, and many other things, and only the belief in yourself and what you can accomplish on your own, unfettered by some stupid "rule book" written by another one of us, will change your life and the world.

Nothing else matters, really.

'Nuff typed.

I've tried to leave this thread alone. (Just read it). But what you're doing is pure slander. It sounds like you discard the word only because it invades your way of worldly living.

I've tried to leave this thread alone. (Just read it). But what you're doing is pure slander. It sounds like you discard the word only because it invades your way of worldly living.

One of my favorite quotes...
(after being accused of slander) "It is not! I resent that! Slander is spoken. In print, it's libel." -J. Jonah Jameson, Spiderman :D

But you're right, that post was kinda wacky... In the same paragraph he states that no one should be told what to believe and goes on to tell us what to believe....wha?... :confused:

How about we turn this thread around:
Who would honestly buy a [H] Shirt, bracelet, jacket?

I would buy all three. Kyle, yoooo hooooo, we need your ass in here!

odd to see this kind of discussion on a pc hardware enthusiast site, so here's my contribution:

http://evolution-facts.org/

lemme pull out some quotes for some nerds...

British physicist Lord Kelvin said:
I believe the more thoroughly science is studied the further does it take us from anything compared to atheism.

Albert Einstein said:
It is enough for me to ... reflect upon the marvelous structure of the universe, which we can dimly perceive, and to try humbly to comprehend even an infinitesimal part of the intelligence manifest in nature.

i love it when people call those who believe in creation "narrow minded"

i can't help but think people who can't believe that everything around us had to be designed... must be very narrow minded....

its the old eggroll illustration... all of you discrete mathematicians and game theorists... imagine taking all of the ingredients of homemade eggrolls.... throwing them all up in the air at the same time... and landing on the table a completed eggroll.... its friggin rediculous...

just sit back and look outside at what is there...

i think the problem a lot of people have is that they misunderstand what the scriptures actually say about things like dinosaurs and carbon dating and etc.... i heard a guy say: "anybody that actually beleives the rubbish in the bible.... i have one word for: DINOSAURS"
i mean what the heck is that supposed to mean? does the bible deny there were dinosaurs? no.....

does the historical history of basically every known group of people in ancient times (including the american indians, pretty much the people who were farthest away from christianity or the corruption thereof) agree on the subject of a global deluge? yes..... actually they do.....

lemme pull out some quotes for some nerds...

i love it when people call those who believe in creation "narrow minded"

i can't help but think people who can't believe that everything around us had to be designed... must be very narrow minded....

its the old eggroll illustration... all of you discrete mathematicians and game theorists... imagine taking all of the ingredients of homemade eggrolls.... throwing them all up in the air at the same time... and landing on the table a completed eggroll.... its friggin rediculous...

just sit back and look outside at what is there...

i think the problem a lot of people have is that they misunderstand what the scriptures actually say about things like dinosaurs and carbon dating and etc.... i heard a guy say: "anybody that actually beleives the rubbish in the bible.... i have one word for: DINOSAURS"
i mean what the heck is that supposed to mean? does the bible deny there were dinosaurs? no.....

does the historical history of basically every known group of people in ancient times (including the american indians, pretty much the people who were farthest away from christianity or the corruption thereof) agree on the subject of a global deluge? yes..... actually they do.....

Man great post. I wish we could rep people on here. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back