Free CIV5 or Mafia 2 - GMG

Same as the rest.

I got through to the 'Thank you for voting' screen and was able to select my game without issues.

After clicking the link in email, I did get the "Looks like you haven’t voted yet." If you click the link to vote though, it does show you had voted.

just wait and try after 10-12 hours !! i voted yesterday and retried filling the game request today evening and got my Civ5 copy !! :) if u have anything to ask , feel free to pm me :D *Best of Luck *

No, because it errors out before I even get any sort of confirmation that they are sending me a key. And of course this is on the very last step after I did all the other nonsense like signing up for CVG.

I never actually got an email of any kind, either.

I'm not so much upset about that, but that they wasted my time and at in the end it wouldn't even let me proceed to the final step.

Same. I lost any faith I have in GMG to back up their claims. I was thinking of pre-ordering BF4 but I severely doubt they can deliver with their promotions so I won't be buying from them. As far as I am concerned, it is a scam used to get your emails. If they don't want the negative attention they should not deal through shady third party sites.

I've actually never had a problem ordering from GMG in the past, but this still does sour the experience for me a bit. It really does reek of a data mining scam in some ways, though I think it's just poorly-executed rather than malicious.

I've actually never had a problem ordering from GMG in the past, but this still does sour the experience for me a bit. It really does reek of a data mining scam in some ways, though I think it's just poorly-executed rather than malicious.

I haven't bought from them in the past because of their account/password issues and the fact that the servers always go down when they have decent prices. Just right now I am trying to log in and yet again the password is broken. I just re-created it yesterday, for about the 7th time since I've had a membership there... I find it amazing that they can fuck up a simple login feature. Can their servers not remember passwords either? :rolleyes:

i got my key this morning and besides having to hit the arrow to back up when hitting the errors it worked for me. i was on my mother in laws whole 2.19 mb per second horrible dsl.

Okay, I managed to at least get past that point after reading the SD thread and this:

https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/entries/27978946-Golden-Joysticks-Promotion-Glitch-in-the-Matrix

What I had to do is change my GMG account email to one that matched the one I used to vote (which is not what the site says is required, but okay) and then it went through.

So does your password have to be the same between the two sites? My email/user name was the same. I attempted editing the passwords to sync them, but now when I click on the game I want and go through the process to enter my email/password I get this:

It seems there was a problem with your username or email address.

Please check your details, or choose a new username or email address.

So I think GMG wants me to reset my password yet again. :rolleyes: I am not sure why they can't just copy the login sequence that every other website uses...

I'm laughing aloud at how a website can't keep track of login passwords. Luckily most games these days are Steam keys, so once you buy you don't really need to log back in. But I feel for people who buy direct download games from GMG. It must be a pain in the ass getting the login to work to get the products you paid for. How are these guys still in business? They're the most incompetent fucks in the game selling business.

Looks like their server is still hosed. Maybe I'll try again later to see if it's fixed. I wouldn't mind a copy of Civ 5 :)

Okay, I managed to at least get past that point after reading the SD thread and this:

https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/entries/27978946-Golden-Joysticks-Promotion-Glitch-in-the-Matrix

What I had to do is change my GMG account email to one that matched the one I used to vote (which is not what the site says is required, but okay) and then it went through.

THANKS!! I just did this less than a minute ago and it worked.

1. Go to www.greenmangaming.com
2. Log in with the same details you used to place your vote
3. Go to the Golden joystick's website: https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/
4. Use the same details there again
You may be asked to create a new Username, please do so to receive your FREE game.

What I did-
1. Open link
2. Logged in with the account I created
3. Open link in new tab
4. Select game and use same login info as used in step 2 (goes for create and confirm password. DO NOT USE A DIFFERENT PASSWORD)

within a couple minutes I had the game code

Outlaw

THANKS!! I just did this less than a minute ago and it worked.

1. Go to www.greenmangaming.com
2. Log in with the same details you used to place your vote
3. Go to the Golden joystick's website: https://goldenjoysticks.greenmangaming.com/
4. Use the same details there again
You may be asked to create a new Username, please do so to receive your FREE game.

What I did-
1. Open link
2. Logged in with the account I created
3. Open link in new tab
4. Select game and use same login info as used in step 2 (goes for create and confirm password. DO NOT USE A DIFFERENT PASSWORD)

within a couple minutes I had the game code

Outlaw

Thank you! Totally did the trick! Got my free Civ 5!

I was pissed off until I went back the next day and opened the Helpdesk email from GMG for the umpteenth time. Clicked the link and boom instant key. Thanks OP and everyone who contributed to the thread. :)

Oooops.
Copied and pasted from another post. Saturday morning 10-12-13

Looks like you haven’t voted yet.
Thank you for your interest, however, in order to take advantage of this free game offer you need to go and vote for your favorite games in the Golden Joystick 2013 Awards. Once you've done this, then you’ll be able to redeem, and activate, your free game (please allow a minimum of 24 hours from when you register your votes).
Sure hope this works.

I didn't have any problems getting my free copy of Civ 5. I voted, got the email from GMG, waited about 12 hours, and bam free game.

Went through the survey at like 2am last night. Just got my key a minute ago! Thanks, OP!

scam scam scam
always i get this error, , i tried with many 2 account

Looks like you haven’t voted yet.

idiot idiot idiot
It works for those that were competent enough to get figure out this marvel of mystery

Well that's constructive help isn't it.

@ Claudespeed

It can take up to 24hrs for the voting site to let GMG know you have voted is my assumption. I voted around noon today and still getting a "ooops" looks like you didn't vote yet.

Just keep checking back at the link in the helpdesk for those 24hrs and will hopefully work soon.

Edit: It just tried it and the link says thanks and emailed me the key. Time is 9:28 am 10/13/13

Last edited:
Just FYI, when I voted yesterday, I only voted for the first category (best new game, Dishonored, of course..; ).

Then I just clicked "skip category" or "skip categories" for the rest. I don't remember which.
Or maybe there was something in the left nav menu that allowed me to bypass all the categories.

In any case, that made voting go pretty quick :)

Not really in keeping with the spirit of their "poll", but what the heck.

(I also used throw-away twitter and gog accounts. Again, not in the spirit... )

Anyway, I did get my free Mafia II game code this morning. Haven't tried activating on Steam yet

Got my copy of Civ V, very happy. Wouldn't have bought it myself and I'm enjoying it.

Oooops.
It seems there was a problem.

Can you please try to register your details again, as we encountered a glitch in the matrix.

Just as lame as the sales they try to pass off.

Went though and actually voted for each category other then the Youtube gamer thing.

Was going to take Civ 5 since I don't have it and wasn't going to purchase it until it was cheap on steam with all dlc since I own Mafia 2 already. More choices would have been nice.

What would be even nicer though is for their damn page to actually work. I feel like I've been cheated of my time now.

Good timing for this free Civ 5 just added Brave New World for $9. So much time will be wasted!

Oooops.
It seems there was a problem.

Can you please try to register your details again, as we encountered a glitch in the matrix.

Just as lame as the sales they try to pass off.

Went though and actually voted for each category other then the Youtube gamer thing.

Was going to take Civ 5 since I don't have it and wasn't going to purchase it until it was cheap on steam with all dlc since I own Mafia 2 already. More choices would have been nice.

What would be even nicer though is for their damn page to actually work. I feel like I've been cheated of my time now.

Did the same shit for me, tried many times. Finally just put in new User Name and Password (creating new GMG account) instead of using my current one and it went thru just fine!

Got my Civ 5 code and activated with no problems on my existing GMG account.

Got Civ5. It took 40+ hours to finally *not* get the "you already voted" message and got the code.

100% legit, just needs patience.

I had to wait a day for it to register that I had voted but I got my game nonetheless. Thanks.

Well that's constructive help isn't it.

@ Claudespeed

It can take up to 24hrs for the voting site to let GMG know you have voted is my assumption. I voted around noon today and still getting a "ooops" looks like you didn't vote yet.

Just keep checking back at the link in the helpdesk for those 24hrs and will hopefully work soon.

Edit: It just tried it and the link says thanks and emailed me the key. Time is 9:28 am 10/13/13

thank you very much, i got my game after 24 hours

How about this lame ass shit:

Thanks for voting in the Golden Joysticks 2013

We've had a massive response to our free game offer, and we want to ensure that everybody who has already registered their votes receives their free game. As a result, we are temporarily suspending the promotion registration.

To follow any further announcements about this promotion and other news, follow us on social media:

But the email they sent out after voting states the following:

The promotional site is open for participants to claim their free game from Monday 7th October to Friday 25th October 2013 at 11.59 GMT.

Looks more like they closed it this afternoon to me as seen above.

How about this lame ass shit:

Thanks for voting in the Golden Joysticks 2013

We've had a massive response to our free game offer, and we want to ensure that everybody who has already registered their votes receives their free game. As a result, we are temporarily suspending the promotion registration.

To follow any further announcements about this promotion and other news, follow us on social media:

But the email they sent out after voting states the following:

The promotional site is open for participants to claim their free game from Monday 7th October to Friday 25th October 2013 at 11.59 GMT.

Looks more like they closed it this afternoon to me as seen above.

Aww, you're mad because people were abusing it so they shut it down early?

You were just going to post whatever keys you got for free for sale in your FS/FT thread anyway.

why does everyone on hardforum whine so much? WTF (Oh i got my game but the text on the confirmation page said i didn't get me game i'm upset. it took 2 hours to get my game instead of 24 hours like the page said I'm worried that something is wrong.

If anyone has a Mafia 2 code they'd trade for any of the following on ORIGIN (I'll do a few if you want), let me know...

-Burnout Paradise: Complete Box
-Dead Space
-Medal of Honor
-Mirror's Edge
-Crysis 2: Maximum

I finally got my Civ5 code, but I had to go through the whole process again for it to work. For those who haven't gotten your code despite voting a week ago, try going through the process of claiming your free game again.

If anyone has a Mafia 2 code they'd trade for any of the following on ORIGIN (I'll do a few if you want), let me know...

-Burnout Paradise: Complete Box
-Dead Space
-Medal of Honor
-Mirror's Edge
-Crysis 2: Maximum

All of the titles everyone already gave away ($1) during the origin humble bundle sale? Why don't you just take the time to sign up and do the vote thing?

Back