Free @_____.com email addresses?

edward78

Limp Gawd
Any place do them, not looking for stonewall security or anything, just thought it would be cool for a guild I am in if the members could have a @(name of guild) address.

As far as I'm aware, someone would at least need to own the domain, and then have some sort of mail server or hosting. I don't think there's any way to get any .com email address totally free. But, I may be wrong :p

beyond the domain, I cannot think of any. After you got the domain, Google used to do it for free, but now it's $50/user/year (or something like that).

See if any registrars give you free email?

You have to rent a domain name. The term 'buy' is used but it's really renting/lease. You can buy domains through companies like NameCheap, GoDaddy, Network Solution, and many more. I personally recommend NameCheap because their prices tend to be slightly lower, have a straight-forward and simple website interface. A .com domain name would cost you around 9 to 12 USD per year. When you check out and it asks you for a promo code, always take the time to search for "namecheap promo codes" or "namecheap coupons" on Google to see if you can get a dollar or so off of your purchase.

NameCheap and GoDaddy additionally offer e-mail services. Again, it's something you have to pay for but isn't very expensive.

Lastly, the domain name you want "@(name of guild) address" may already be taken by someone else, but you can find this out by looking up the domain name at NameCheap or other domain registrar company.

EDIT:
nameofguild.com is available through NameCheap for 10.69 USD/year
NameCheap offers e-mail hosting services for 9.88 USD/year for 1 mailbox. Additional mailboxes to stack on top of this plan cost an additional 2.98 USD/year.

nameofguild.com with discount promo code (SNOWDOME) through NameCheap makes it 9.66 USD/year + 0.18 USD ICANN fee + 9.88 USD/year for e-mail hosting with 1 mailbox + 11.92 USD/year for 4 additional mailboxes = 31.64 USD/year for domain name and 5 mailboxes.

At the very least, you are not going to get nameofguild.com for free. Unless someone nice enough willing to toss aside 12 USD pay for it, that is something you just simply won't get for free. There are places that offer free subdomains (ex. nameofguild.freedomhosting.com or something), usually with advertisements or harsh limitations (not being able to use e-mail being one of them).

If you can get a free domain or subdomain WITH e-mail servers, it's open to abuse, and can threaten the reputation of the company hosting the services because mail sent by clients are coming from the host's servers / IP addresses. Offering this kind of hosting for free is generally too much of a cost for the host to provide.

I use to run my own webhosting company (almost 10 years + became profitable).

Last edited:
^^ I'm sorry if it's not related, but 10 years before you came profitable? Or just profitable at some point along the decade?

Back