Free 32Mb memory key - IBM

holy crap NICE it came today :)

hmm I plugged it in without install the software and it auto started ibm crap
 
signed up for mine today THANKS!!!!!! BTW: I noticed that when I registered, I put the company's information as my own address and left my personal information blank since it wasn't required when you setup an account. I hope they figure out to send it to the Company's address.

EDIT: NVM...I went into my account information and it made the company's as my own so woo woo
 
Just write 0's across the entire drive. That will remove any partitions regardless.
 
The best I found out was to disable auto play using TweakUI :)

it still shows but no pop up :)

NTFS drive now 26mb capacity and 23 free space

I used HP USB DISK STORAGE FORMAT TOOL for NTFS

happy camper with ~23mb
 
i figured out how to remove the ibm autostart thing entirely cuz im more [H]ardcore than you are.
Go to device manager (right click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager)
click the dvd/cd rom devices+ sign
double click USB DISK 2.0 USB Device
under device usage, select do nt use this device (disable)
there, no more autorun and you don't see the device either
 
except we also want the extra 2 megs...which that doesnt give us..but its a start

:edit:

then try opening the folder for the thumb drive
"plese insert a disc into drive [LETTER]:"
 
LOL....yeah......you know your a geek when you get excited about formatting a 32mb key chain to NTFS !!! Now thats [H] :)
 
got mine today :D

T520050707161318339.jpg

T520050707162115251.jpg
 
Wildfire said:
LOL....yeah......you know your a geek when you get excited about formatting a 32mb key chain to NTFS !!! Now thats [H] :)

THATS RIGHT!

hey does your lock and unlock switch have a deep hole?
 
killa62 said:
i figured out how to remove the ibm autostart thing entirely cuz im more [H]ardcore than you are.
Go to device manager (right click my computer, properties, hardware, device manager)
click the dvd/cd rom devices+ sign
double click USB DISK 2.0 USB Device
under device usage, select do nt use this device (disable)
there, no more autorun and you don't see the device either
Does holdings down 'shift' when you plug it in not work? That's how you stop CDs from auto-running.

-bZj
 
I got mine today as well, however, when I try to plug it into my two XP systems, one a laptop, the other a desktop, both give me a blue screen with an IRQ_not_less_or_equal. I've never had a blue screen in XP before, WTF is wrong with this thing?
 
hey did you check the lock and unlock switch? I hardly noticed it after I got it :p

its probably on locked
 
Nope...unlocked. I'm assuming that its trying to mount a CD rom and a USB drive on the same IRQ...but...what the hell.
 
Got mine today and when I used it it work so just out of curiosity I tried a 32mb thumb drive that I bought on sale that never worked on any machine and it finally worked so now I got two thumb drives that work yes I know one was free and one I did pay for (shaking my head in disbelief) but two working thumb drives is far better than just one.

My came blank no software on it at all go figure.
 
intogamer said:
holy crap NICE it came today :)

hmm I plugged it in without install the software and it auto started ibm crap
how long did it take to get to you?
 
intogamer said:
explain more please :)

Use a program that wipes out drives by writing 0's to it. Zilla data nuker is one that comes to mind that is free and very user friendly. You can probably get it at download.com. These programs write data to entire drives regardless of partition & formatting - thus leaving you with a completely blank drive. Then you just have to setup a new partition and format it using NTFS, FAT32, or whatever FS you want. Good luck.
 
dextrous said:
Use a program that wipes out drives by writing 0's to it. Zilla data nuker is one that comes to mind that is free and very user friendly. You can probably get it at download.com. These programs write data to entire drives regardless of partition & formatting - thus leaving you with a completely blank drive. Then you just have to setup a new partition and format it using NTFS, FAT32, or whatever FS you want. Good luck.

also what do you mean by writing o's to it?
 
still waiting, signed up when it was first posted too. Then again Im in CA so it might come tomorrow :)
 
Here is how to get rid of the IBM ads and reformat it for 30.7MB on one partition. Thanks go to the guys at fatwallet.

Open up the drive, there is a small screw holding the two pieces together.
Plug it in. Its easier to use the extension cable that came with the drive.
Find the two resistors named R10 and BC5. They are located next to each other by the smaller microchip.
Use a paperclip to short R10 resistor. You can do this by putting each end of the paperclip on either side of the resistor.
While R10 is shorted short BC5.
The drive should disappear and windows should recognize it as USB 25X and ask you to format.
Took me almost an hour to get it done, just keep shorting those resistors and it should work.
 
yurkinator said:
Here is how to get rid of the IBM ads and reformat it for 30.7MB on one partition. Thanks go to the guys at fatwallet.

Open up the drive, there is a small screw holding the two pieces together.
Plug it in. Its easier to use the extension cable that came with the drive.
Find the two resistors named R10 and BC5. They are located next to each other by the smaller microchip.
Use a paperclip to short R10 resistor. You can do this by putting each end of the paperclip on either side of the resistor.
While R10 is shorted short BC5.
The drive should disappear and windows should recognize it as USB 25X and ask you to format.
Took me almost an hour to get it done, just keep shorting those resistors and it should work.

I tried to use Zilla data nuker but it the drive was not a valid system drive or the like. And taking apart the drive just isn't worth it for me.
 
How long do you short it for? I did it and it disconnected but then I stopped shorting and it reconnected. I held the clip there for 10 seconds and the chip started to heat up...
 
plmartin said:
How long do you short it for? I did it and it disconnected but then I stopped shorting and it reconnected. I held the clip there for 10 seconds and the chip started to heat up...
you have to short them both at the same time. One at a time won't work.
 
That's what I did. I just used a Circuit Writer and drew a trace and now I'm letting it dry.
 
Back
Top