• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fractal Define R3 questions

MrCrispy

2[H]4U
Joined
May 14, 2007
Messages
4,001
I'm planning a NAS build in this case. It will have an Intel Arc A380 GPU for video encoding but its not high power draw. No gaming.

- it takes 8 3.5" hdd, I've seen some pics where people added another hdd cage next to the PSU. any ideas?
- does this have a way to mount sata ssd's on back of motherboard tray? or should I just use velcro?
- what is the best way to cool all the hdd's? it comes with just 1 intake fan, and I'm not sure how good it is. Do I need high static pressure fans on front, 1 out fan at back, or do you need top fans too?
 
-Never looked into modding mine for more hdds.

-No ssd mounts on the back.

-It supports two intake fans on the front, so you should be fine there.
 
-Never looked into modding mine for more hdds.

-No ssd mounts on the back.

-It supports two intake fans on the front, so you should be fine there.
will 2 fans be enough to cool 8 disks? it does say you can put 2 more disks in the 5.25 bays so that's at least 10.
 
ok this is scary. how the bloody hell does Google index the web so fast???

2 min after my post its the Google search top 5 result for 'fractal r3 nas build', I did that search to find other examples not my own post !!
 
ok this is scary. how the bloody hell does Google index the web so fast???

2 min after my post its the Google search top 5 result for 'fractal r3 nas build', I did that search to find other examples not my own post !!
That's just how [H]ard we are. ;)
 
Back
Top