Fosi K7 Dac Amp

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
26,471
Finally decided to pick this up long story short I took back a broken digital Humidifier Crane Brand I bought like 4 weeks ago without the recepit all they could give me is a gift card for 56.00 it was a digital humidifier that said the humidity was at 99% even though it like really winter dry here in Wi. So used to Gift Card that had a picture of a Snowman on it for the FOSI K7 I know if I don't like anything about it I won't buy another DAC because this is suppose to be one of the better budget ones out there. It had a Bass and Treble equalizer plan on using with my Edifiers and Headphones. I only picked up 4 things on Walmart.com since I basically work there 5 days a week last thing I picked up was Tomb Raider was delivered to my house for Switch.
 
That K7 is a very capable device. Got one for my brother's gaming/streaming PC several months ago. Great bang-for-the-buck value!
 
Should be here around noon today hoping for something magjcall I was considering a K11 R2R but someone asked where the Bass was on a review.
 
Bass is based on the EQ you do. K13 and K11 R2R both slam pretty hard once you add EQ. This just has a dial to artificially dial it up which imo is a very poor way to optimize sound profile especially for gaming.

Having said that the tech on the Fosi K7 is no better or worse than the K11. It also has slightly more power as slightly more money so worth getting. Plus it has mic line in if that is important for you then K7 is also one of my most recommended gaming DACs. I was about to buy it but then I found K11 R2R for very cheap and stuck with the R2R sound I prefer over delta sigma.

Do let us know how you like it. I would be interested to know.
 
Been using the K7 for a few weeks. The only issue that I have is the missing sidetone. Not being able to hear yourself is something I have to get used to. Planned on using it double duty for work and games/music. The button to switch from headset / speakers is handy. The old K5, I had to unplug the headset to hear the speakers.
 
Yeah this thing is nice I wasn't sure if it was going to work with my Speakers at first but it works. Alot cleaner than the my IFF Zen Dac v2 I haven't played a game yet controls are really easy to figure out you got treble and bass on the right knob that both go up to 10. My Ultima Midi files sound really good with this thing.
 
Played some BL4 sound was kinda fatiguing this thing picks up everything but I turned down the treble hopefully that helps.
 
Last edited:
I plugged this in again this time I tried the Optical port plugged into my PC and then the Amp. Then the RCA ports to my speakers. It doens't sound nearly annoying as the USB.
I think I'll stick with this for a while. The optical is more true than the USB passthough Borderlands 4 doens't lag at all really. I wish my IFI Amps had a optical port.
 
So you keeping this?

Is it too bright on USB? How does it compare to iFi stuff? I am intrigued as I haven't personally tried both these DACs.
 
IfI V3 is way better with Headphones this thing pretty much sucks with Headphones. This thing is great with speakers but only the "optical" as far as I tested it. I'm not not sure what is going on with the USB pass-through I think this is the main reason people return it
You see a ton of K7 refurbished. Either that or people are just using Headphones. This thing gets warm while PC gaming as well.

I'm going to hook up my Ifi Dac v3 and Fosi k7 at the same time that way I can I can use both.
 
IfI V3 is way better with Headphones this thing pretty much sucks with Headphones. This thing is great with speakers but only the "optical" as far as I tested it. I'm not not sure what is going on with the USB pass-through I think this is the main reason people return it
You see a ton of K7 refurbished. Either that or people are just using Headphones. This thing gets warm while PC gaming as well.

I'm going to hook up my Ifi Dac v3 and Fosi k7 at the same time that way I can I can use both.
Yeah a proper A/B test would help you clarify your preference.
 
I usually don't return anything but I woudn't recommend this unless you have a good speakers. The Headphone sound sucks compared to a IFI.
I have this thing boxed up this is the last Dac I buy on Hype alone for a while.
 
I usually don't return anything but I woudn't recommend this unless you have a good speakers. The Headphone sound sucks compared to a IFI.
I have this thing boxed up this is the last Dac I buy on Hype alone for a while.
Thanks. I cancelled my order as well. I already can't stand delta sigma so this would be a bad experience for me if it is spicy with headphones.
 
I'm sorry I wrote this thing off so soon it's actually good just isn't for Speakers. I plugged it back in. Plus the controls are better than my Fiio.
I used one of my speaker stands to angle the thing then put the Power supply unit behind so it's not on the floor.
 
Back
Top