Forza Horizon 2 Demo out and pre load/purchase live

So anyone come across my Driveatar? My normal modus operandi is to push cars out of my way :p.

Your driveatar is in most of my races, but I have player names turned off, so I don't really know who's who mid race. The game has yet to offer up a head to head race with you. The only head to head I've gotten was with Armenius... but I was in a Mini Cooper and he was in a Ferrari. After a few tries I just said fuck it :p

I've pretty much raced against everyone in the club, nobody's driveatar seems overly aggressive to me. But that could be because at first I was playing against the ones from Forza 5 and it would be like bumper cars through the first turn. I haven't had the chance to race anyone head to head though.

Finally got another rival from H. Put me up against nd40oz on a circuit in Nice. I was in a Hennessey, you were in what appeared to be a blue GTR or Skyline. I wish the rival races told you what your opponents ghost was.

Regardless, I smoked you Nate. :p

I have a dark blue GTR, it was probably that one, S2 race? Guess I better get out there and train that driveatar up so that doesn't happen again. :eek:

I have a dark blue GTR, it was probably that one, S2 race? Guess I better get out there and train that driveatar up so that doesn't happen again. :eek:

Yeah my Hennessey is S2 998, so barely ;). I had a good advantage by way of its speed. Tops out at 267 and in that particular circuit I can hit about 230 across the finish line. You hung in with me until the very last stretch

Yeah my Hennessey is S2 998, so barely ;). I had a good advantage by way of its speed. Tops out at 267 and in that particular circuit I can hit about 230 across the finish line. You hung in with me until the very last stretch

Oh yeah, sounds like I'd need to do the turbo upgrades on that one to try and keep up. But it has everything else, it's sitting at S2 988 and tops out at 230. You're probably pulling away hard once they get over 150.

Apparently you don't get nearly as many credits for the second finale. Got around 100k this time. Would have much preferred another million.

Apparently you don't get nearly as many credits for the second finale. Got around 100k this time. Would have much preferred another million.
Damn, I'm not at that point yet. I spent most of the weekend getting 100% Discovery, going after the boards and doing the second Bucket List... list. I'm sitting pretty at around 9 million credits, though, so it's not like I'm hurting for credits :cool:.

So who is the guy who joined and got like 1.5 million XP in the ladder that just wrapped up yesterday? That's insane. I played every chance I got the first week and I think I barely cracked 900k. Granted I haven't even touched multiplayer yet.

Damn, I'm not at that point yet. I spent most of the weekend getting 100% Discovery, going after the boards and doing the second Bucket List... list. I'm sitting pretty at around 9 million credits, though, so it's not like I'm hurting for credits :cool:.

So who is the guy who joined and got like 1.5 million XP in the ladder that just wrapped up yesterday? That's insane. I played every chance I got the first week and I think I barely cracked 900k. Granted I haven't even touched multiplayer yet.

:p Works been slow, and the weather has sucked, so I've had more free time than normal.

:p Works been slow, and the weather has sucked, so I've had more free time than normal.
That's one thing I miss from being unemployed: all the free time to feed my addict... I mean, hobby, of playing video games :D.

You guys have wayyyy more time than I do. I've pretty much devoted all my free time last week and over the weekend to this and I'm still only at 9? championships won. 6 more to go before first finale.

Yeah, I have been pumping Destiny much more than this game. Also tried very hard to like Driveclub. I think I am going to come back to this game pretty soon.

I have been told my Driveatar is an asshole. So let me know if this is the case. It will make me happy.

Yeah, I have been pumping Destiny much more than this game. Also tried very hard to like Driveclub. I think I am going to come back to this game pretty soon.

I have been told my Driveatar is an asshole. So let me know if this is the case. It will make me happy.
It is the case ;). Your drivatar alone has made me grow to hate cross country races...

Yeah he tends to come out of nowhere. I've developed a strong dislike for 90s and modern rally :p

Finally sold my other launch ps3, is horizon 2 worth it to buy an xb1 just for this game? Thinking of selling my slim ps3 too. Maybe ill wait till black friday. I bought an x360 just for forza 4.

I will get forza 6 so getting an x1 is inevitable.

I bought an Xbox ONE solely for Forza 5 at the time. I think it's worth it. If the Forza series was all I played on Xbox consoles I'd still think it was worth it.

Same here. My xb1 is a Forza machine and I'm just fine with that. The games are great.

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that's only played Forza 5 and Horizon 2 on my One. One of these days I'll open Assassins Creed and Dead Rising and give them a try.

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that's only played Forza 5 and Horizon 2 on my One. One of these days I'll open Assassins Creed and Dead Rising and give them a try.

I've got Ryse also, but don't ever play it. It's pretty, that's about it. Also have Peggle 2 and Zoo Tycoon. Both are a lot of fun, but not really things you get deeply invested in.

Anything that's hitting PC, that's where I get it. Anything console exclusive I'll get for PS4. XB1 is for exclusives only.

I bought an XB1 just for forza and forza horizon. And a new TV and wheel.

It's in my hidden racing "sim" I put together. I like not having to move the wheel out of the way and back into position when I want to play -- it's permanently set up with this little fun area I put together.

Please don't judge me.

I bought an XB1 just for forza and forza horizon. And a new TV and wheel.

It's in my hidden racing "sim" I put together. I like not having to move the wheel out of the way and back into position when I want to play -- it's permanently set up with this little fun area I put together.

Please don't judge me.

This is cool.

Thanks. Thought it was a good use of space

It's the closet under the stairs in the basement.

And I just got tired of moving the playseat in and out of the way in the theater room.

Got my xb1 just to play horizon 2. Also picked up peggle 2 for shits n giggles but no regrets on the console purchase so far. Totally worth it.

If I prefer arcade-y racers more than simulation, I shouldn't bother with motorsport 5 right.

if you turn the assists up and the difficulty down, FM5 can feel more arcade like. but it shines for people who like to tweak their vehicles and chase their lap times.

Got my xb1 just to play horizon 2. Also picked up peggle 2 for shits n giggles but no regrets on the console purchase so far. Totally worth it.

If I prefer arcade-y racers more than simulation, I shouldn't bother with motorsport 5 right.
I am an arcade racer at heart as well. It has been hard to even press the launch button on Forza 5 since FH2 came out.

However, what is posted above my post is also correct.

My wife is very understanding as long as I pay the housekeeper on time :)

Joking aside, I'm the one with the OCD problem. I can't stand stuff out. Clutter drives me nuts.

I bought an Xbox ONE solely for Forza 5 at the time. I think it's worth it. If the Forza series was all I played on Xbox consoles I'd still think it was worth it.

I am glad that I am not the only one to feel this way. The Forza series literally is that good for those of us who love racing games. Until Wolfenstein hit the bargain bin at Walmart, Forza 5 was the only game that I played since launch day. I havn't had a chance to game in a very long time as I just don't have any time, but I am buying Forza Horizon 2 as soon as I get a little time in December to do some gaming again.

I'm in the club now. Enjoying playing against other's drivatar's and seeing the [HOCP] tag. :) The more I race online, the more I don't feel so bad. I'm not great, but I'm not last, either. Much better ranking than CoD or other FPS's.

The game is awesome.

Oh, I realized I haven't played this in a couple of weeks.

Wish I had 48 hours in a day..

I am getting ready to pick this up as I will finally have some time to game after this Wednesday. If there anything I should know about like a nasty 20 gig "patch" to be downloaded before it can be played? Last thing I want is to have my heart set only to realize that it will take nearly a day to "patch" on my meager 7Mbps connection before being able to play. With Halo MCC, I knew that going into it so I let it install overnight.

My wife just bought an XBox1 for Christmas for the family.
This will be my first console since the original XBox and Wii.

I'm a pc gamer guy but I'm ready to try the Xbox and this [Forza Horizon 2] is the first game I asked her to get.
I'm really happy that I got this game now after reading this thread. Can't wait to play it soon.
Thanks.

I might have posted this already, but is there any way to get rid of this awful fucking music?

I am getting ready to pick this up as I will finally have some time to game after this Wednesday. If there anything I should know about like a nasty 20 gig "patch" to be downloaded before it can be played? Last thing I want is to have my heart set only to realize that it will take nearly a day to "patch" on my meager 7Mbps connection before being able to play. With Halo MCC, I knew that going into it so I let it install overnight.

Yeah, I bet there will be a very large patch when you get it.

Yeah, I bet there will be a very large patch when you get it.

Not too bad as it was a 2gig patch. Nothing like the 20 gig day one patch for Halo. I am having an insane amount of fun as this game is fricking amazing. I have said it before, but this is how you do an open world sandbox style driving and racing game. I am already level 73. I did not realize there was a HardOCP car club in the game as I already joined WFO. I will look you guys up when I get home from work tonight.

Why does your car seem to lose all control after entering a drift? I mean, every time I enter one, I can't seem to break out of the initial direction of the drift and slam the side of my car into something.

Not to be an ass, but it's just you :p It's extremely easy to drift in FH2 once you get the hang of it. Keep in mind some cars are a little easier to drift than others (and it depends on the setup as well.) Also you might want to turn OFF the various driving aids, they usually hamper your ability to drift if they're turned on.

Back