Fortnite on iOS Tests

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I know how bad I suck at Fortnite when playing on a full keyboard and mouse, I can only imagine how bad I would be at Fortnite on an iPhone. However, you will likely be in a Fortnite universe only populated by other iOS players, so there is that. I do not however see Fornite on iOS being a big Twitch viewing experience. Interestingly, the video promo-ing this on Epic's own page has been yanked. All that said, I have moved on to playing Hunt Showdown the last few weeks and it has fully drawn me in more than any PC title in the last few years. Hell you can't buy GPUs anyway, so maybe the future of fast action first person shooter gaming is iOS-bound? ACK!

THIS IS THE FULL BATTLE ROYALE EXPERIENCE ON THE GO! SAME GAMEPLAY, SAME MAP, SAME WEEKLY UPDATES.

We will send you an email invitation with a link to download the game from the App Store, as soon as you can play. New invites will roll out as the servers can handle more players. Thanks for your patience! We expect to rollout Android in the next few months. If you are on an Android device, please sign up by clicking the button above. We'll notify you when your Android device is supported.

It is crazy how there are fps on mobile devices, however I think most likely they are supporting bluetooth keyboard/mouse.

I really dont see how people will play this well on a mobile device.

Neat

2687sq.jpg

Hmm... put it on a phone before Linux? eh whatever.... Priorities are obviously messed up.

Hmm... put it on a phone before Linux? eh whatever.... Priorities are obviously messed up.

Yeah, I mean, who wants millions of new players when you can do twenty times the work for a few thousand players that use a myriad of different Linux distros.

Yeah, I mean, who wants millions of new players when you can do twenty times the work for a few thousand players that use a myriad of different Linux distros.
I'd like to know how Fortnite is going to work on iOS without a keyboard and more or even a gamepad? This is not a problem on Linux, plus the Chinese market is probably big enough on Linux to warrant a port.

Back