Forspoken

And they revealed the price to be €79.99 for the basic version on steam / egs. I hope nobody buys it because if you do, other publishers will start doing the same.

Someone was going to have to do it eventually. Given the rate of inflation, the $60 base price on a AAA title wasn't going to last forever.

Someone was going to have to do it eventually. Given the rate of inflation, the $60 base price on a AAA title wasn't going to last forever.
If you play their game, well you are going to win stupid prizes, like making this the norm.

Frankly even $60 was a bit too rich for my blood, I never paid that price for a PC game, ever.

green man gaming has 20% off for XP members. you have to go to the XP page and "claim" the offer.

If we were playing the inflation game then games should be $80 to $90 these days, going back to when $60 became the norm in 2006.

I'd rather pay inflated prices for a complete experience than $120 for the ultimate edition with a year worth of dlc that should have been in the base game.

I'd rather pay inflated prices for a complete experience than $120 for the ultimate edition with a year worth of dlc that should have been in the base game.
The genie is out of the bottle on that one. Revenue must be continuously generated, so only the price of the base game is going to go up while the business model remains the same.

If we were playing the inflation game then games should be $80 to $90 these days, going back to when $60 became the norm in 2006.
In eastern europe where I live PC games used to be around $20-30 in 2006, and now they suddenly want $90, my salary is not even 2 times of what it was in 2006.

Not gonna lie, this doesn't look nearly as interesting as I'd hoped.

The parkour seems fun. Combat not so much.

It really just doesn't look all that fun/interesting. I'd rather just play more AC: Valhalla, and you've got Elden Ring coming out before it as well.

That is terrible. The commentator says parkour looks fluent, but it's the exact opposite of that. Like riding on square wheels. The running animation seems pretty outdated as well, almost jarring. And the graphics feels off, like it's using placeholder assets. I'd excuse it for an indie title but this is supposed to be an AAA title. I agree with the above comment. I'd rather play more valhalla than try this.

Yeah, it looks super clunky, and the game world looks so lifeless compared to the modern AC games, etc.

Yeah, it looks super clunky, and the game world looks so lifeless compared to the modern AC games, etc.

Compared to a game like Horizon Zero Dawn, it looks pretty subpar in terms of visuals and gameplay mechanics. And my god the banter and running commentary are straight up fucking annoying, can't imagine having to listen to that for hours on end.

That is terrible. The commentator says parkour looks fluent, but it's the exact opposite of that. Like riding on square wheels. The running animation seems pretty outdated as well, almost jarring. And the graphics feels off, like it's using placeholder assets. I'd excuse it for an indie title but this is supposed to be an AAA title. I agree with the above comment. I'd rather play more valhalla than try this.

I agree completely, it's like they spent all their time modeling the main character and animating her clothes and forgot about the rest of the game.
The frame rate is horrible, the environment textures are horrible, the view distance is horrible, the world density is horrible. The combat loop looks boring. I didn't really get the "parkour" feeling watching that video, she just had magic jet shoes that allowed her to jump over everything. It looked like someone in an MMO with detailed animation spamming the jump button.

I feel like they saw the UE5 tech demo and tried to rush out a game that kind of looked like that.

Yeah, looks like an Asian MMO to be honest. Not what is supposed to be a AAA single player open world game.

This could be a major flop

Wow, I haven't seen such judicious use of fog to improve performance since Superman on the N64. That pop in is also atrocious. All that and the game still has framerate issues. That is to say nothing of the mindless AI.

They went absolutely apeshit with blur effects of all sorts, too. Any details they bothered to add are obscured by at least 4 different types of blur any time anything seems to happen.
I'm guessing they're just showing off different attacks vs. mindless zombie hordes, so hopefully there's more to it than that. Still, this footage is doing the game zero favors. I was on the fence before, but now I'm losing any interest I might've had.

They went absolutely apeshit with blur effects of all sorts, too. Any details they bothered to add are obscured by at least 4 different types of blur any time anything seems to happen.
I'm guessing they're just showing off different attacks vs. mindless zombie hordes, so hopefully there's more to it than that. Still, this footage is doing the game zero favors. I was on the fence before, but now I'm losing any interest I might've had.
All the effects obscure the screen, as well. I can see that getting quite annoying after just a short amount of time. If the camera wasn't so zoomed in over the shoulder it may not be as big an issue, but as it is it made me want to vomit just watching that short clip combined with all the blurring. And I am not one to get motion sickness with games.

what's up with all the fog and haze?...did they need to throttle back the graphics?...I also hate games with play-by-play commentaries (one of the reasons I never bought Biomutant)
The game looks pretty average, graphically. Maybe they chose lower technical qualities, to get true 4K60?-----I don't actually know, if it is true 4k60.

Otherwise, I'm missing the point of the parkour stuff, without a cityscape. And loosely circle strafing a crowd at 20 yards...isn't compelling, to me.

It looks like an indie tech demo that a few guys put together in their spare time.
maybe a little hyperbolic, but yeah, something about this game makes it feel like it's completely lacking a "soul" for lack of a better word.

maybe a little hyperbolic, but yeah, something about this game makes it feel like it's completely lacking a "soul" for lack of a better word.
The environment and trees are too homogeneous, that usually happens when you don't have the money and resources to make a variety of background objects, and you use the same textures and foliage over and over again

The protagonist talking to herself in combat comes across as juvenile, especially at the amount shown in the trailer, wouldn't mind if she very occasionally said something but it's almost every attack and makes her seem like she has mental issues.

Last edited:
The protagonist talking to herself in combat comes across as juvenile, especially at the amount shown in the trailer, wouldn't mind if she very occasionally said something but it's almost every attack and makes her seem like she has mental issues.
What are you talking about, she's just switched on and connected with current day issues, you know!

hopefully 2022 will be the start of it on PC!...also hoping it offers more tangible performance improvements then Resizable BAR
I don't think its going to have much of anything to do with framerate. However, it should allow devs to implement Direct Storage specific LOD modes, which have less pop-in and less obvious gradation of details.

MS is also supposedly pushing for Variable Rate Shading to be standard on xbox ports. So, hopefully devs start using it on PC, as well.

I don't think its going to have much of anything to do with framerate. However, it should allow devs to implement Direct Storage specific LOD modes, which have less pop-in and less obvious gradation of details.

MS is also supposedly pushing for Variable Rate Shading to be standard on xbox ports. So, hopefully devs start using it on PC, as well.
VRS is already used in some PC games. The recent patch for Cyberpunk 2077 on PC added variable rate shading to the game.

it's an exciting time to be a PC gamer...DirectStorage on PC, DX12 Ultimate, Resizable BAR, more ray-tracing, better DLSS etc

Delayed to October 11.

https://nitter.actionsack.com/Forspoken/status/1500863854359846913
1646673213765.png

This delay is a good thing. This seems like a game that could at least be okay, but that early draft with all the blur effects needs some serious polish.

Back