Formula-BOINC 2019

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Gilthanis, Dec 22, 2018.

1. auntjemima

auntjemima [H]ardness Supreme

I can't remember if Moo happened already. Although I feel like every GPU project has been done lol

2. Spectre

Spectre n00b

We still have Collatz to do but I think all other GPU project are history.

auntjemima and motqalden like this.
  3. bluestang

bluestang n00b

Yeah, we did Moo already. Collatz and Enigma left for GPU projects.

Sooooo...he'll pick Enigma for sure!

motqalden and auntjemima like this.
  4. auntjemima

I can't believe how enigma just fell off the face of the earth.

5. bluestang

bluestang n00b

Yeah, another top-notch Project Admin that has the upmost respect for his volunteers by not even posting.

And spare me the details of how they're not paid, full time students, have limited time, or whatever else makes a good excuse. A lot of people who volunteer the computing time are too!

RFGuy_KCCO and motqalden like this.
  6. auntjemima

Not just that.. if you can't handle it, don't do it.

bluestang and motqalden like this.
  7. bluestang

bluestang n00b

Hahahahahahah lolololol Who's up for another Python Sprint? Doh!

motqalden, VietOZ and auntjemima like this.
  8. VietOZ

VietOZ n00b

https://boinc.progger.info/odlk/forum_thread.php?id=134

Who's down with me to boycott ODLK even if it is Sprint? I'm tired of them thinking we have to run their project and so disrespected
    I've made up my mind. I'm not gonna crunch another single WU for them. ODLK, ODLK1, Tomas whatever it is

bluestang and auntjemima like this.
  9. Gilthanis

Gilthanis [H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014

I actually contribute to those projects until I hit 1 million points. Then it is very minimalist contribution as Natalia is a rude witch. When they first created the second project and multiple people were asking for the reasons why, I had DM'd her. Instead of politely replying to me, she went to the other project forum and put it on blast. The sad part is that up until that time they had refused to explain why they "couldn't" use the same server. NONE of it was explained. She just kept saying "We know why". Great. Now try explaining it to everyone else. She is even rude to the admins as if they owe her anything. They really need to just cut her off and let her do her work on her shitty little dual core computer she says does just fine. We will see how long it takes for her to see any true results without BOINC. She has gone on rants about her getting credit for some of the results that had been found. She has dissed admins for not quickly responding to her. I mean, why do they continue to put up with her?

10. auntjemima

Glad I hit 1m on both before this madness. BOINC world is doing something wild these days.

11. sirmonkey1985

sirmonkey1985 [H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010

i dunno she is right though.. the point inflation of boinc has gotten a bit insane mostly because it's original design was never meant to deal with the hardware performance available today, same problem F@H had back in the day. other than the shitty google translations of what she's saying i don't particularly see what the problem is. but what ever, if you want to make a big deal out of it that's on you two.

auntjemima likes this.
  12. bluestang

bluestang n00b

She must live too close to Chernobyl lol

auntjemima likes this.
  13. bluestang

bluestang n00b

An Admin not giving a shite about the volunteers donating PCs to do their work and an attitude to boot with it...yeah, I don't see the problem is either. SMH

auntjemima and DooKey like this.
  14. sirmonkey1985

sirmonkey1985 [H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010

if i was in her shoe's i'd of said the same shit with the responses people were posting in that thread.. all she said was that she knew the points were low and that she tried to get them changed but they said no because it would of made all the contributors points earned at the beginning of the project look meaningless.. and then people instantly start talking about boycotting it.. wtf else would you expect her to say?

but that's all i'm going to say about it.. this witch hunt drama is the same reason i left 8 years ago, it's sad to see it's still going on..

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    motqalden likes this.
  15. Gilthanis

She actually isn't an admin (at least not since I last visited the projects). These aren't her projects. They are just running her apps and datasaets for her. However, she herself is the only one contributing work for the donors to work on at these projects. She abuses the admins as much as she condescends the donors. I don't think VietOZ's response is solely based on the one comment but rather her attitude towards everyone else since these projects sprung up. If you scour the threads in all three projects, you will find several of her comments. I know I quit caring about these projects a year ago and now just focus on the mega milestones and move on. The admins don't put her in check so they are partially responsible for her continuing the behavior. She is not grateful for what she is given and flaunts it. There is nothing wrong with donors demanding better. Quality projects are dwindling and we keep getting these garbage projects in their place. Simply telling people to leave quietly isn't a solution either. People need to know that others are outraged and some projects won't understand they are wrong until the people act. I'm not telling anyone to do anything with their boxes/resources. However, I do understand his request and feel his pain. I've made my choice long before now. To each their own.

auntjemima and bluestang like this.
  16. motqalden

motqalden [H]ard|DCOTM Feb 2018, June 2019

yeah i'm not gonna get up in arms over someones comments. half of it is likely language / translation issues which cause misunderstandings.

17. motqalden

motqalden [H]ard|DCOTM Feb 2018, June 2019

In other news I will be sprinting WCG and MOO. catch me it you can! (i know some of you won't have a problem :p)

pututu, bluestang and auntjemima like this.
  18. Gilthanis

I had a chance to read Natalia's latest rants. This only supports what I have been saying.

Even the admins are tired of her shit. And Thomas has stated:

https://boinc.tbrada.eu/forum_thread.php?id=3006&sort_style=&start=20