Forget Crysis! GH3 FTW!!!!

f1y

Supreme [H]ardness
Boo-yah baby.. Paid a $97 for the Wii version. Buddy of mine paid $108 for the 360 version up at game stop release event. Gotta say..
PROS:
Sweet songs
Wireless controllers
Different songs on Co-op then on singleplayer
Tons of objects in the store
There's Boss battles now.. Bitchin

Cons:
Price Tag

On the wii. your remote slips into the guitar it self. and when you miss a note the error noise comes from the Wii-mote not the TV. Also when you enter Star-power your guitar vibrates... it does not on the 360. I love my Wii version.. This is the first Guitar Hero game I've personally bought. The rest all my buddies have, but now I can start holding my own against them.

watching a nerd play a game with a nerd looking device thats supposed to be a guitar is just plain being a dufus.

watching a nerd play a game with a nerd looking device thats supposed to be a guitar is just plain being a dufus.

thread crapper FTW!

im picking it up for the wii as well this morning!

zombix, stfu, why not try it out, preferrably with a few of your buddies then make that judgement, the game is hella fun. don't hate just cuz you suck.

going to get it for ps3 today!!

I played gh1 and ended up buying a real guitar because of it, but that doesn't stop me from going back for some guitar hero loving. They are 2 different animals and both are fun. I'll be picking up GH3 in an hour once CC opens up.

I'm picking it up as well--but I'm torn between the Wii and PS3 versions. Not sure which one to get since the PS3 wireless dongle looks so stupid (Hey developers! It has Bluetooth! You shouldn't need a dongle!)

I played gh1 and ended up buying a real guitar because of it, but that doesn't stop me from going back for some guitar hero loving. They are 2 different animals and both are fun. I'll be picking up GH3 in an hour once CC opens up.

Don't forget to get your free guitar stand from them.....

I was waiting in line at gamestop at the midnight release event. there was maybe a 170 people. Which if you think about is crazy. 170 people. then a $100 a game. that's 17,000... wow. But the opened the door and asked if anyone reserved it for the PS3 and one dude raised his and they told him to go home they won't get those till monday.

I'd prefer the wii version of PS3.. save some money. It's not like Guitar hero needs a beast to run it anyways.

im loving it so far... i was at a friends house earlier playing his... picking my pre order up tomorrow :D

Anyone else play FCPREMIX on expert yet? i made it to 79 percent... that song make my whole upper body burn, its SO fun :D

And to all you stupid people that say go play a real guitar, guitar hero sucks, seriously, lay off. ive been trying to learn for ages. maybe some people really just dont care :rolleyes:

I can't agree more. Spend that time learning to play a real guitar instead of looking like a retard with a fake.

I can't agree more. Spend that time learning to play a real guitar instead of looking like a retard with a fake.

Such obvious trolls, i give you both a 2/10. Please try to be a little more subtle next time.

In case it didnt enter your mind, its not about playing a real insturment. It's just any other rythm game. Do you honestly think dance dance revolution is about learning how to dance? Or IIDX/Beatmania is about learning how to DJ? Or for that matter, burnout is to learning how to race? Or counterstrike is to learn how to be a member of a tactical counter terrorist team? These are GAMES. You two both are the ones who look like retards, not the people playing GH. Get off your elitist highhorse and go try the game for once. You might enjoy it. :eek:

In case it didnt enter your mind, its not about playing a real insturment. It's just any other rythm game. Do you honestly think dance dance revolution is about learning how to dance? Or IIDX/Beatmania is about learning how to DJ? Or for that matter, burnout is to learning how to race? Or counterstrike is to learn how to be a member of a tactical counter terrorist team? These are GAMES. You two both are the ones who look like retards, not the people playing GH. Get off your elitist highhorse and go try the game for once. You might enjoy it. :eek:

You can learn to dance or play a guitar or dj in your spare time.
You can't just head out and shoot people, go hundreds of miles an hour down busy streets, etc.

Rythm games are moronic, and especially moronic when people are paying a premium for the controller just so they can push buttons in a pre-determined sequence. Theres no "game" in this type of "game", its memory, nothing more.

You can learn to dance or play a guitar or dj in your spare time.
You can't just head out and shoot people, go hundreds of miles an hour down busy streets, etc.

Rythm games are moronic, and especially moronic when people are paying a premium for the controller just so they can push buttons in a pre-determined sequence. Theres no "game" in this type of "game", its memory, nothing more.

Way to miss the point of what i said. DDR is -NOT- about learning how to dance. guitar hero is -NOT- about learning how to play the guitar. Just like counter strike is -NOT- about gunning people down in the street. Please read (and more importantly, comprehend) what i am posting.

So you may not like rhythm games. But you sure as hell don't understand the concept behind them either, and likely you haven't even tried one, so don't even start to criticize them. I'm sure the wii fans wouldn't appreciate you running into their threads and going "HAHAHA LIKE HELL I WILL BE COUGHT WIGGLING MY ARM AROUND LIKE A NERD! NERD NERD NEEEEERD! WHY DONT YOU GO PLAY BASEBALL FOR REAL INSTEAD OF WII PLAY??!?!?!" I love forza 2, but i can just as easily take my car down to the local autocross meets and race for real. Games are not about that. Thats why its a game. Games are ultimately about havening whats known as "fun". You don't have fun playing rhythm games, thats fine. But who are you to dictate what counts as fun for everyone else?

(And calling rhythm games "memory, nothing more" is only further proof of your ignorance to the genre. I challenge you to memorize the note chart for Jordan on expert, and then play it on guitar hero 2. The catch, you are not allowed to play guitar hero in any way shape or form until you have the note chart memorized. Then try to play it. You get....i'll be nice...2 chances. If what you claim to be true, since you have the note chart memorized, you should have no problem doing so.)

Oh! I'm gonna describe a game here, you guys try to figure out which one...

In this game you move your mouse or control stick in a certain direction for some amount of time and then you push a certain button. Repeat as needed to complete the game.

Oh, damn... That's actually every single game ever created. Well shit.

On a completely unrelated note.... Ethug. E thug. E thug? Internet tough guy!

Ughhhh, I am SO dissapointed. I got the ps3 version (and yes with the free guitar stand) only to find that my freaking red fret button was only responding like 50% of the time and would drop out during long sustains...then during an online match it completely dropped out and wouldn't work...at all. Seeing how I wasn't very impressed with the game to begin with (boss battles are uber lame) also, the tilt sensor is SOOOOO sensitive, I was just playing and got star power and then immediately it went into effect, i didn't even move the guitar. This wasn't just one time either, it was ALL the time. Needless to say it went straight back to CC. I'll spend my money on Rock Band instead, hopefully they don't have terrible QC issues like Harmonix does...

Ughhhh, I am SO dissapointed. I got the ps3 version (and yes with the free guitar stand) only to find that my freaking red fret button was only responding like 50% of the time and would drop out during long sustains...then during an online match it completely dropped out and wouldn't work...at all. Seeing how I wasn't very impressed with the game to begin with (boss battles are uber lame) also, the tilt sensor is SOOOOO sensitive, I was just playing and got star power and then immediately it went into effect, i didn't even move the guitar. This wasn't just one time either, it was ALL the time. Needless to say it went straight back to CC. I'll spend my money on Rock Band instead, hopefully they don't have terrible QC issues like Harmonix does...

ummm the guitar was made by redoctane... and i think the rock band one is too... but im not sure.

on 360 it was amazing. the sensor worked well (a bit to sensitive at times... if you stood from sitting it would go off sometimes ) and the strum bar is better than on the SG (dont even look at the explorer... lol ) and the fret buttons are thinner it seems. not to mention the headstock has room for your thumb to rest :D

I don't see how it's a 'premium' price for a controller; it costs just as much as any other wireless controller for a console. (Give or take a few bucks)

And as far as the game goes, waiting to pick it up when it drops for the PC. :D

Just play a real guitar, it's much more fun :)

dousallafavor.jpg

Oh! I'm gonna describe a game here, you guys try to figure out which one...

In this game you move your mouse or control stick in a certain direction for some amount of time and then you push a certain button. Repeat as needed to complete the game.

Oh, damn... That's actually every single game ever created. Well shit.

On a completely unrelated note.... Ethug. E thug. E thug? Internet tough guy!

You get 5 *'s, I am so sick of moronic GH trolls.

I admit that the really good GH players are very skilled...I also think that GH is ....crappy. Just not my idea of fun, although that is MY opinion, to each his own I say. Just because I think it sucks does not negate the skill of a good GH gamer....

LMFAO!!!!

I was in a thread talkin bout this very thing a few weeks ago.

Why is it people say real guitar is hard to learn, yet are capable of spending hours on end LEARNING how to play a fake guitar? Just imagine those hours spent learning a REAL guitar and learning how to play these songs for REAL....

LMFAO!!!!

Why is it people say real guitar is hard to learn, yet are capable of spending hours on end LEARNING how to play a fake guitar? Just imagine those hours spent learning a REAL guitar and learning how to play these songs for REAL....

At the end of the day do you really give 2 shits if someone is really good at playing "fake" guitar? I know I don't give a fuck what people do on their free time regarding games. I personally think Counter-Strike sucks balls but at the end of the day a lot of people like it and I don't care.

On topic, I've never played Guitar Hero so if I were to buy one, is GH3 easy to pick up and learn or should I start off with one of the older versions? Thanks.

LMFAO!!!!

Has it ever occurred to you that there are people who enjoy playing guitar hero (a video game) that have no fucking interest whatsoever in playing a guitar(a musical instrument)? Do you honestly think people play guitar hero because they think that playing the real guitar is "too hard?"

Guitar hero is a video game, not a realistic guitar playing simulation. Is this really that difficult of a concept?:confused:

At the end of the day do you really give 2 shits if someone is really good at playing "fake" guitar? I know I don't give a fuck what people do on their free time regarding games. I personally think Counter-Strike sucks balls but at the end of the day a lot of people like it and I don't care.

On topic, I've never played Guitar Hero so if I were to buy one, is GH3 easy to pick up and learn or should I start off with one of the older versions? Thanks.

GH3 isn't too bad to pick up, just set the difficulty to easy, then move it up as you get the hang of the game. Honestly I would look at the song lists and pick the game whose songs you like the best. A lot of my favorite songs are on GH2.

For me i know how to play my real guitar as good as yngwie malmsteen and all those guys and i play electric bass and drums. I played guitar hero before and its fun but its nothing people should spend hours on over and over. Its more fun and amazing just playing the real thing to me than just a game which anyone else can do easily pretty much. I just get tired of those people that think they are the best even compared to real guitarists. All cocky and crap when they know nothing about music theory and nothing about scales and fret work and all that. To me if you spend like 5+ hours a day on guitar hero..pickup a real guitar. trust me :cool:

For those of you lamenting about how stupid it is to play a video game simulation of a guitar over a real guitar, I would ask what are some games you like to play?

Maybe you're a big FPS fan... If so, why would you waste your time doing that when you should be gearing up for world war 3 and spending your time at the shooting range? Could it be because the cost of guns and ammo is more than you can afford or want to spend?

Or how about RTS! Clearly you should be enrolled at west point and on track to be a high ranking officer in your nations military. Of course, that requires some amount of intelligence and/or knowing the right people. Probably not for you.

RPG's. Now there's a great genre. But you'd be better off in the weight room, or at yoga class, or at college just biding your time until the opportunity to save the world presents itself.

Of course, all the previous arguments are ludicrous because all you want to do when you play a video game is have fun! What's really odd is that I think that's exactly what anyone playing guitar hero is trying to accomplish. I know I certainly don't have any delusions of performing at the target center... No matter how much time I spent learning how to play a guitar I doubt I could ever reach the point that the first tier of guitar hero simulates.

That last word is key by the way, "simulates". All a game really tries to do is simulate some particular mechanic with a focus on making it fun and enjoyable.

I played only a few hours cumulative of GH 1 and 2 and I was able to play through all the songs on easy in GH3. I've read some posts saying that the expert difficulty is much harder in GH3 than the previous games, but I don't expect I'll reach that point any time soon, if ever.

For me i know how to play my real guitar as good as yngwie malmsteen and all those guys and i play electric bass and drums. I played guitar hero before and its fun but its nothing people should spend hours on over and over. Its more fun and amazing just playing the real thing to me than just a game which anyone else can do easily pretty much. I just get tired of those people that think they are the best even compared to real guitarists. All cocky and crap when they know nothing about music theory and nothing about scales and fret work and all that. To me if you spend like 5+ hours a day on guitar hero..pickup a real guitar. trust me :cool:

For me i know how to shoot my rifle as good as Lee Harvey Oswald and all those guys and i shoot bow's and handguns. I played call of duty before and its fun but its nothing people should spend hours on over and over. Its more fun and amazing just shooting the real thing to me than just a game which anyone else can do easily pretty much. I just get tired of those people that think they are the best even compared to real marines. All cocky and crap when they know nothing about ballistic theory and nothing about explosives and all that. To me if you spend like 5+ hours a day on call of duty.. enlist in the marines and pickup a real gun. trust me :cool:

For me i know how to shoot my rifle as good as Lee Harvey Oswald and all those guys and i shoot bow's and handguns. I played call of duty before and its fun but its nothing people should spend hours on over and over. Its more fun and amazing just shooting the real thing to me than just a game which anyone else can do easily pretty much. I just get tired of those people that think they are the best even compared to real marines. All cocky and crap when they know nothing about ballistic theory and nothing about explosives and all that. To me if you spend like 5+ hours a day on call of duty.. enlist in the marines and pickup a real gun. trust me :cool:

lol guns and stuff like that is different. When you can literally just sit in your room and learn just like guitar hero then why not then lol. Guitar hero is fun but i wouldn't get into it too much. Much rather put that time into the real thing. It not like a flight simulator or fps games. I play all types of games but when it comes to a guitar or drums or anything like that which you can have in your room or house then its different ;). Its something you can actually do in your grasp while other things that are simulated you can't do them without being a billionaire. The games fun i think though since i've played it at my friends house but to me its just not worth it after awhile since everyone else can do it to. No one even cares about if you can get the highest score either. Its different when you actually can play real good on guitar. If you think playing guitar hero is fun then check out the real stuff. ;) For the people that just don't give a crap about music then guitar heroes fine for them lol :)

For those of you lamenting about how stupid it is to play a video game simulation of a guitar over a real guitar, I would ask what are some games you like to play?

Maybe you're a big FPS fan... If so, why would you waste your time doing that when you should be gearing up for world war 3 and spending your time at the shooting range? Could it be because the cost of guns and ammo is more than you can afford or want to spend?

Or how about RTS! Clearly you should be enrolled at west point and on track to be a high ranking officer in your nations military. Of course, that requires some amount of intelligence and/or knowing the right people. Probably not for you.

RPG's. Now there's a great genre. But you'd be better off in the weight room, or at yoga class, or at college just biding your time until the opportunity to save the world presents itself.

Of course, all the previous arguments are ludicrous because all you want to do when you play a video game is have fun! What's really odd is that I think that's exactly what anyone playing guitar hero is trying to accomplish. I know I certainly don't have any delusions of performing at the target center... No matter how much time I spent learning how to play a guitar I doubt I could ever reach the point that the first tier of guitar hero simulates.

That last word is key by the way, "simulates". All a game really tries to do is simulate some particular mechanic with a focus on making it fun and enjoyable.

I played only a few hours cumulative of GH 1 and 2 and I was able to play through all the songs on easy in GH3. I've read some posts saying that the expert difficulty is much harder in GH3 than the previous games, but I don't expect I'll reach that point any time soon, if ever.

And the answer is..........

Yes......

But the catch is.....we dont want to DIE to do it......

To put it another way......Lets say RL war and all things army.....you get shot, you dont die, you just respawn somewhere....

Every Tom, Dick and Hairyboy would sign up....

But, heh, obviously that aint going to happen.....

Why are you playing a guitar game if it has nothing to do with playing a guitar or being in a band? Your playing...as you mentioned...a "simulation" of a guitar.....

All we are saying is......why play a simulation when the real thing you can get for the same price? Never said GH wasnt any fun.....

Your buttons are pushed too easily....

Push push.....

You completely missed my point. I got yours though. If someone is really into guitar hero you think they should look into the real thing. But again, I wasn't comparing "guitar hero is to real guitar as call of duty is to enlisting in the marines".

I was simply point out how ridiculous it is to tell people how they should spend their free time.

And regarding SAW (dot dot dot) - I don't know what that little man just said but I feel ya brother! (dot dot dot)

(dot)

Nicely done dude.....

Im more into the Heavier side of Metal....Too bad I dont have a video cam.....would love to show off me playing some South of Heaven.

To the other dude who didnt understand what I was saying, but on my side regardless, heh....

The poster I quoted was making a point saying that we play army type games, why not go join the military....(more or less his point)....him making that point in contrast to us saying "why not play a real guitar".

So, I said that WE would love to join the army and all things military....BUT, we dont want to die to do it.....

Hope that clarifies things.......

Little guy.......bahhh....lol

Some of us aren't terribly interested in learning to play guitar, and would rather just enjoy ourselves with a game.

The thing about arguing with idiots is that they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.:(

Back